Road Trip from LA => Edmonton AB

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 09:10 PM
warrenw is infamous around these parts
If you have time, go through Banff, then Jasper (stay at the Jasper Park Lodge) and continue into Edmonton. HWY93 from Banff to Jasper is a great drive in any car.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:15 AM
nicegsxr is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Superfly
The Osoyoos road is a blast, but if you hit ANY traffic, it's S-L-O-W....... but then it's a hoot when you pass and get another 2 minutes of "HOT" time!!! BC interior is generally a lot of fun to drive, but just the traffic during summer holidays. UGH.

But it's still fun. Hey, post up when you're going to be here if you're interested in getting together with the locals here for a meet and greet.
Cool I might take that way back to LA.. and looks like I am taking off on Wedsneday and be in Edmonton by Friday or Sat.. depending on my pace! and would love to chill if time permits!

Old 07-19-2010, 10:30 AM
JT1198 has a spectacular aura aboutJT1198 has a spectacular aura aboutJT1198 has a spectacular aura about
Would be awesome to see some pics along the way no matter which way you choose. At some point you have to cross the mountains and are gauranteed some great roads / scenery along the way!

Old 07-19-2010, 10:58 AM
Superfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by nicegsxr
Cool I might take that way back to LA.. and looks like I am taking off on Wedsneday and be in Edmonton by Friday or Sat.. depending on my pace! and would love to chill if time permits!
THIS Friday or Sat? The Edmonton Indy is this weekend. There's going to be TONS of cool car events, driver's parties, cool cars in town etc. BIG FUN!!!

Old 07-19-2010, 03:10 PM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
weather is shaping up to be nice this weekend as well, which will be much appreciated after the straight week of heavy rainfall we just had =/

Old 07-19-2010, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by JT1198
Would be awesome to see some pics along the way no matter which way you choose. At some point you have to cross the mountains and are gauranteed some great roads / scenery along the way!
Yup will posting some pics up if they turn out any good

THIS Friday or Sat? The Edmonton Indy is this weekend. There's going to be TONS of cool car events, driver's parties, cool cars in town etc. BIG FUN!!!
If I can drive 10+ hrs each day I figure I might make it to edmonton by friday night if not then it probably be Sat. And wow where is the Indy held and whats admission like

Originally Posted by split
weather is shaping up to be nice this weekend as well, which will be much appreciated after the straight week of heavy rainfall we just had =/
Hope it doesnt rain while I am there hehe.. I will try to bring over some cali sunny love

Old 07-20-2010, 10:26 AM
Superfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by nicegsxr
If I can drive 10+ hrs each day I figure I might make it to edmonton by friday night if not then it probably be Sat. And wow where is the Indy held and whats admission like
I hope this link is OK with the mods here. http://www.hondaindyedmonton.com/

Should be tickets still available. The race is held on the City Center Airport, with a pretty cool road course set up on it. Good views, good racing and lots of entertainment. It's not F1, but it's right here in town.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:10 AM
I hope this link is OK with the mods here. http://www.hondaindyedmonton.com/

Should be tickets still available. The race is held on the City Center Airport, with a pretty cool road course set up on it. Good views, good racing and lots of entertainment. It's not F1, but it's right here in town.
Thanks! The Indy was fun as my bro in law had some tickets will post up some pics

Old 07-27-2010, 01:41 PM

Packed Light!

CarWrapped!

Fun Roads

More Fun Roads!

Great Views!

Awesome Drive!

Hello Idaho!

Pop 647??!!

More Nice Views!

Smoke Break!

Montana!! Getting Close to the Border!

Having some Fun!

Nice Montana Roads!

Awesome Drive!

Great Roads!

Needed Some Cool Down and another smoke!

Car Wash in Edmonton!!

Sister in law gave me her parking spot!! Thanks!

997C2S Happy in Edmonton!

Last edited by nicegsxr; 07-27-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Looks GREAT!!! What a fun drive. How much longer you staying in town? And what's your planned route home?

Old 07-27-2010, 02:23 PM
Thanks my wife took the pics! And we probably chill in Edmonton for another week or so as I needed to recover from driving 17 straight hrs the second into edmonton hahaha. I havent planned it yet but I think I am going to take 4-5 days instead of 2 days to go home... any suggestions be great!

Old 07-27-2010, 04:38 PM
Question: Where can I find some high octane gas here??

Old 07-27-2010, 11:10 PM
JT1198 has a spectacular aura aboutJT1198 has a spectacular aura aboutJT1198 has a spectacular aura about
My understanding is that we don't have quite as high of octane fuel in these parts vs. the US. Octane wise Husky or Mohawk sells 94 I believe but it contains ethanol. You'll be fine on Shell or Esso premium (91 or 92)though. Unless you were looking for race gas for a specific reason and not just for normal fills?

Anyway - great pics! Appreciate you posting and glad the trip went well.

If you are taking your time on the way home, for sure head west towards Jasper and then south towards Banff/Lake Louise and take the TransCanada through the mountains towards the coast. Pretty spectacular drive.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by JT1198
My understanding is that we don't have quite as high of octane fuel in these parts vs. the US. Octane wise Husky or Mohawk sells 94 I believe but it contains ethanol. You'll be fine on Shell or Esso premium (91 or 92)though. Unless you were looking for race gas for a specific reason and not just for normal fills?

Anyway - great pics! Appreciate you posting and glad the trip went well.

If you are taking your time on the way home, for sure head west towards Jasper and then south towards Banff/Lake Louise and take the TransCanada through the mountains towards the coast. Pretty spectacular drive.
Thanks for the info, I just didnt know which fuel was better because in the states, Arco really sucks, so I figure there must be some brand of gas thats better than the other, the Shell near where we are staying seems to only have 89 octane... hence I didnt know where I might be able to get 91+

Yes I plan to take it easy driving home so yes going thru Jasper might be an option!! Thanks for the tip!

Old 07-29-2010, 09:46 AM
Hey nicegsxr, if you're still in town tomorrow, you should join us for the "new ferrari owner" drive. See the thread in this forum. Don't know who's coming yet, but it should be a hoot.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Road Trip from LA => Edmonton AB