Any Meets in Vancouver?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 08:25 PM
Christiancoach has a spectacular aura aboutChristiancoach has a spectacular aura aboutChristiancoach has a spectacular aura about
I will be in Vancouver on the evening of the 24th, 25th, and 26th. I will be occupied from 9 to 5 each day. Would love to meet up and do some cruising or a short drive.
I have a friend who is begging to see my car, and get a ride with the new motor so there will probably be one person in tow wherever I go.
Last year we did a small cruise in somewhere in North Van, near the Iron Workers Bridge. There was about 20-25 cars.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:37 PM
SiNzz is infamous around these parts
I would be willing to go for a cruise the evenings of the 24th and 26th (although 24th works better).

Old 06-15-2011, 08:18 AM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
This Saturday a whole bunch of Porsche enthusiasts (and the Porsche Club) are meeting at Dundarave for the fathers day show (http://www.pca-cwr.org/eventsactivities/dundarave/)
May be a good meeting place.

Also on the 26th Weissach is holding a day drive:
http://www.weissach.com/promotions/d...g=1&id=146&tp=

There's always Coffee and Cars on the 9th July too (I always pop in on a Saturday morning for a fresh coffee and donut ... given the previous night didn't end too late :P)

Old 06-15-2011, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the reminder about the Porsche show. I'm guessing my father might want to bring his 930 out. With regards to the Weissach drives: I thought they were reserved solely for Weissach clients. Given that I am not a client, I would imagine I would not be allowed to attend? As far as CnC goes...sounds good!

Old 06-17-2011, 09:35 AM
quattrogeek is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by pureporsche
This SUNDAY a whole bunch of Porsche enthusiasts (and the Porsche Club) are meeting at Dundarave for the fathers day show (http://www.pca-cwr.org/eventsactivities/dundarave/)
May be a good meeting place.

There's always Coffee and Cars on the 9th July too (I always pop in on a Saturday morning for a fresh coffee and donut ... given the previous night didn't end too late :P)
Corrected

Old 06-20-2011, 09:35 AM
Christiancoach has a spectacular aura aboutChristiancoach has a spectacular aura aboutChristiancoach has a spectacular aura about
Does anyone have any more information about this "Cruise In"?
"It was friday night i believe on main street in north vancouver in the parking lot of tim hortons.1384 main street is tim hortons address.Its between Harbour AVE and Lynn AVE."
I attended this last year with my friend Dan and there were some really nice people and some cool cars there.
I was thinking this might be a great place to get together.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:20 PM
It is officially unofficial. A couple of us are planning to meet up on Friday at 6pm:
1384 main street Tim Hortons, North Vancouver. Its between Harbour AVE and Lynn AVE.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Christiancoach
It is officially unofficial. A couple of us are planning to meet up on Friday at 6pm:
1384 main street Tim Hortons, North Vancouver. Its between Harbour AVE and Lynn AVE.
That sounds fun. I will meet you guys there if that's still the plan come Fri. If possible, message me a way to get in touch with you guys.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:53 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pureporsche

Anybody have the details about this drive?
On their website I do not see the times or where they go!

Stacy

Old 06-23-2011, 06:41 PM
I'm not sure either, Stacy. I imagine they might want to keep the attendance relatively select. My guess is they want you to call and inquire. FWIW, a few people may be meeting up tomorrow in North Vancouver to do a bit of a drive/meet in the evening, weather permitting. It would be great to see you out again, although I realize it's a long way from you.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:13 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SiNzz
I'm not sure either, Stacy. I imagine they might want to keep the attendance relatively select. My guess is they want you to call and inquire. FWIW, a few people may be meeting up tomorrow in North Vancouver to do a bit of a drive/meet in the evening, weather permitting. It would be great to see you out again, although I realize it's a long way from you.
I think I have to pass on the Friday night thing.....I may need it to finalize the project on the car so that I can drive it this weekend!

I did contact Weissachs today......

This was their/her response.....

Thanks for your interest in the event! I can definitely provide you with more information.

The details are as follows:

Meeting location: Weissach, 1757 West 2nd Avenue, Vancouver

Meeting time: 9:45am, for 10:00am departure from Weissach

Driving to: Pemberton, BC (takes about 3 hours)

We will have lunch in Pemberton, and after lunch, start the drive back to Vancouver.

If you plan on coming, please RSVP to me so I can put you on the list and finalize a head count for the lunch reservation. Also please specify if you are bringing any guests, and what the make of your vehicle is.

If you have further questions, please feel free to ask

Regards,
Emma

Old 06-23-2011, 09:07 PM
I will be bringing my good camera and my tripod. Tim hortons is close to the freeway, maybe we could grab some rolling shots. I also know a cool parking garage where we could grab some shots.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:12 PM
No worries, Stacy. Perfectly legitimate excuse. Enjoy the drive! I think my car is a few notches below the cutoff to attend an event like the Weissach cruise. It's too bad my dad appears to be a lone wolf when it comes to things like this, otherwise I'd ask him to sign up with his car.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:28 PM
At least two of us will be meeting up at Tim Hortons on Friday, no matter the weather.
My car. My name is Tony.

Dan's Car:

Old 06-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Nice cars! I'll definitely be outclassed in the horsepower department . I'll see you guys tomorrow.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any Meets in Vancouver?