Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

What kind of trailer is this? Saw a member post this a while back..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 04:29 PM
Eric H. is infamous around these parts
What kind of trailer is this? Saw a member post this a while back..

Old 10-02-2007, 04:33 PM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Hey the Baxter mobile, Nothing like towing your ACR to Silver State with a Cayenne Turbo.

Oh it's a Featherlite trailer with the front guard, not sure if thats a custom item or not. Great pulling trailer, has the hidden ramp stowage, great for super low cars, all aluminum construction, overall a very nice trailer. Another Viper buddy of mine has one I have used a few times, it's good stuff.

Old 10-02-2007, 04:42 PM
I have a 35' custom Santek 5th with sleeping quarters on it's way, but I need a basic trailer like this to haul around my track car and the new sand rail. The rail is pretty large...100" width to width.

Old 10-02-2007, 05:02 PM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Eric H.
I have a 35' custom Santek 5th with sleeping quarters on it's way, but I need a basic trailer like this to haul around my track car and the new sand rail. The rail is pretty large...100" width to width.
is the 100" with the paddles on it? Most guys with LT rails have super narrow tires they put on them to fit in the enclosed trailers and such.

Sounds like the rail will need something flat platform that is over the wheels... The only problem there is you end up with a very tall deck height and it can cause major issues loading a super low car.

Note: The GTS is about 75" wide, and the platform on that featherlite can't be much more than 80" from my memory of how tight the fit was loading a GTS on it.

Last edited by Vicious; 10-02-2007 at 05:10 PM.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by Vicious
is the 100" with the paddles on it? Most guys with LT rails have super narrow tires they put on them to fit in the enclosed trailers and such.

Sounds like the rail will need something flat platform that is over the wheels... The only problem there is you end up with a very tall deck height and it can cause major issues loading a super low car.

Note: The GTS is about 75" wide, and the platform on that featherlite can't be much more than 80" from my memory of how tight the fit was loading a GTS on it.
Yes you are correct. Most people do put skinnies on but I don't want to go that route. I want the whole thing to fit. Open trailer it will fit, but with my new enclosed I'll have to strap the suspension together.

Old 10-03-2007, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Eric H.
Yes you are correct. Most people do put skinnies on but I don't want to go that route. I want the whole thing to fit. Open trailer it will fit, but with my new enclosed I'll have to strap the suspension together.
With a flat deck over the wheels type open trailer it will fit but it's pretty hard on the paddles.

It takes 5 minutes to swap the rear tires with an electric impact, and you don't have to risk messing up those expensive 35" paddles.

Post pics when you get the car.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by Vicious
With a flat deck over the wheels type open trailer it will fit but it's pretty hard on the paddles.

It takes 5 minutes to swap the rear tires with an electric impact, and you don't have to risk messing up those expensive 35" paddles.

Post pics when you get the car.
Here is a pic of it at the show. This was the first prototype...basically a roller chassis with no finished panels, no interior. Just to show the size of the rail. It's going to be an LS2, with a S4 mendeola, 934's, pci race radio, 10" low rance, vision x lights, fox bypass shocks, parker pumps etc etc.

It will be done by thanksgiving so I need a trailer lol!