Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

How realistic is kbb.com or edmunds re Cayenne S?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 11:39 AM
Dave I is infamous around these parts
How realistic is kbb.com or edmunds re Cayenne S?

My wife is thinking of selling/trading her '05 Cayenne S. I've looked at kbb.com and the trade-in value is about $34.7k, private party is $38.5k. Edmunds is a lot higher, $38k trade-in, $40k+ for private party. Did some window-shopping at a dealer the other day, and they quoted $32k for a trade, just as a ballpark number.

I haven't followed any pricing for a long time; just wondering what others have experienced in the resale market lately.

Old 10-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Forgot to mention the specifics, if it helps.

'05 Cayenne S, Carmon Red exterior, black interior, 50k miles.
Standard leather
Nav
Xenons
18" Turbo wheels w/painted wheel caps
Heated front seats
Bose

There may be a couple of small options, but I can't remember.

Added accessories:
Front skidplate
Fabspeed cat bypass
Fabspeed turbo quad exhaust tips
Turbo rear bumper
Clear side markers
Clear bra installation by Premier Mobile

Any feedback on pricing would be appreciated.

Last edited by Dave I; 10-23-2007 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:57 PM
KINGS POWER is infamous around these partsKINGS POWER is infamous around these parts
Manheim is a more clear indicator of what they will pay, and based on what you've got here they report $37,500 approx. I hope this helps!

Old 10-23-2007, 04:57 PM
$37.5 is what it would sell for at auction?

Old 10-23-2007, 05:05 PM
KINGS POWER is infamous around these partsKINGS POWER is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dave I
$37.5 is what it would sell for at auction?
Yes, this is the average at the auction right now with the same equip. and approx 38,000 miles or so. I picked the middle *average* for you, there were a few higher and a few lower, I figured middle will be more realistic. I hope this helps!

Old 10-23-2007, 05:20 PM
It does help, thanks very much.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:12 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
whats the mileage on the car?
my dad is thinking of selling/trading and he has 06 model.
just curious

Old 10-23-2007, 09:37 PM
Mileage is 50k on our car.

Old 10-24-2007, 04:42 AM
allenjdmb is infamous around these parts
At 50k, you'll need to...

knock it some more. Out of warranty is a real issue on used Porsches or all types. Also, I have found these things are really tough to sell with 18' wheels. The market is just tough on these things, thank your Porsche dealer for that. Just my .02, which is what it's worth.

Old 10-24-2007, 09:50 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by allenjdmb
knock it some more. Out of warranty is a real issue on used Porsches or all types. Also, I have found these things are really tough to sell with 18' wheels. The market is just tough on these things, thank your Porsche dealer for that. Just my .02, which is what it's worth.
idk but pretty normal to see turbo rims on cayenne S up in Northern Virginia.
Many cayenne S that I see have non turbo rims (norm S rims or below)

Old 10-24-2007, 11:30 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
hey Dave,
don't trust KBB at all. or u can about 3~5k off on the trade value. best way i'd suggest take the car to Carmax to get a real cash value. they'll give u 7 days to decide if u want to sell them the car or not. they usually offer higher than trade so from there u can decide if u want to give them the car or sell it on ur own. at least u know how much it's worth realistically.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by 20C4S
hey Dave,
don't trust KBB at all. or u can about 3~5k off on the trade value. best way i'd suggest take the car to Carmax to get a real cash value. they'll give u 7 days to decide if u want to sell them the car or not. they usually offer higher than trade so from there u can decide if u want to give them the car or sell it on ur own. at least u know how much it's worth realistically.
dont they really low ball it?
idk how you can get realistic value of the car.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:01 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Enilder
dont they really low ball it?
idk how you can get realistic value of the car.
they will buy ur car without u buying theirs. low ball is not what i've experienced & just because they'll give u a true cash value of the car i think that's as realistic as it gets. u don't have to sell them the car so what to lose?

Old 10-25-2007, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by 20C4S
hey Dave,
Thanks for the advice...the nearest one in the Bay Area is in Sacramento, which is about 1.5 hours away...might be worth a shot. I'm debating whether to try and sell it myself, which I hate doing.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by allenjdmb
Yes, I've started to notice that most of the ones around here for sale have 19's.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How realistic is kbb.com or edmunds re Cayenne S?