Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Trading my FX45 for Cayenne S, anyone else do the same?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 06:24 PM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
Barrier Porsche has a lot of Cayenne's.

Old 11-01-2007, 05:27 PM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute
So I drove the 'S' today and wasn't as excited as I would have hoped to be. Its a great car, but its too similiar to mine in both power, size, handling etc. So I ended up driving the CTT at barrier Porsche later in the day..., and that was much better. But for some reason, coming out of my Infiniti isn't as easy as I thought.

I was expecting a drastic change between my humpty and the Porsche..., but I didn't get it. I think I'm going to rethink the whole trade and wait for another time. All today did was confuse me. Anyways, thanks to everyone who helped out w/ suggestions. Maybe I need to drive another CTT for a longer period to see. But I do know that I won't opt for the 'S'. If I did, I'd only be settling for that car. I want to be really excited for the car, and that is probably reserved for the CTT.

Bojan

Old 11-15-2007, 04:53 PM
ACE76 is infamous around these parts
I'll be going to a Cayenne Turbo in like another week or so from an FX45..not by choice though...some girl not paying attention to the road totaled my PARKED FX45...it was parked outside my home and she slammed into the back of it at 6:45 in the morning going like 40 mph...she was driving a brand new 08 Altima coupe...she totaled both vehicles...I just got my insurance check and am purchasing a used Cayenne Turbo...it's being inspected by Porsche in Chicago as we speak.

Old 11-16-2007, 06:20 AM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Seattle996
I have no complaints with my FX45.., in fact I think its quicker than an "s". I believe my '03 had the best track times of all SUV's (aside from SRT8 and the Cayenne Turbo) etc, until they softened it up a bit in '04. Regardless, I really enjoy the car but I want something new. It would be fun to have two Porsches in the garage.

Anyways, I'm hoping to find an 'S' in the price range of $30K. I've seen quite a few at $33-34K, but I'm in no hurry.

Are their differences to the interior or exterior of the 'S' in different years. I'm trying to research it, but can't find much. I thought I read that they changed the rear bumper. Anything else?

Thanks,
Bojan
I just picked up an extremely clean and well-maintained 2005 S that just came off of lease with only 24,000 miles for my wife... We paid $37,000 which I thought was a good deal...

Old 11-16-2007, 02:26 PM
VBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Seattle996
So I drove the 'S' today and wasn't as excited as I would have hoped to be. Its a great car, but its too similiar to mine in both power, size, handling etc. So I ended up driving the CTT at barrier Porsche later in the day..., and that was much better. But for some reason, coming out of my Infiniti isn't as easy as I thought.

I was expecting a drastic change between my humpty and the Porsche..., but I didn't get it. I think I'm going to rethink the whole trade and wait for another time. All today did was confuse me. Anyways, thanks to everyone who helped out w/ suggestions. Maybe I need to drive another CTT for a longer period to see. But I do know that I won't opt for the 'S'. If I did, I'd only be settling for that car. I want to be really excited for the car, and that is probably reserved for the CTT.

Bojan
I have had two FX45s one black and one silver. I traded the black one in a couple years ago for a Cayenne Turbo. I have since traded that Cayenne in for the Cayenne Turbo S I have ordered and upgraded to over 700 HP.

A few differences in the 2 cars:

Cayenne: Higher top speed, more power and acceleration once the turbos kick in
FX: No turbo lag, normally aspirated, flys off the line faster than the Cayenne
FX: has a harsher ride and an annoying smaller rear window
FX: you can get the distronic type option with the tech package
Cayenne: you can get parktronics and pano roof, both nice options
Cayenne: keyless entry option is better than the FXs
FX: has a much better useable rear view camera
Cayenne: you can tow more
Cayenne: has slightly more room inside the car
FX: has awesome reclining rear seats and the seats are 1000 times easier to fold down
Cayenne: Draws more looks and comments from strangers as there are way less on the road
Cayenne: Has nicer interior and more eye pleasing dash/controls
FX: Much lighter vehicle, and better gas mileageCayenne: true full time 4 wheel drive
FX: AWD turns off after a certain MPH
Cayenne: has more customizable options
FX: has more reasonable price, but tech package is a must to compete
Cayenne: everything costs more because its a Porsche
FX: It's not a Porsche
Cayenne: has rain sensing wipers and very nice cornering headlights
FX: Slightly cooler navigation
Cayenne: Has adjustable height and shock settings and more ground/water clearance
FX: Feels tigher (less body roll) in turns

Hope this helps, good luck with your decision.

Old 11-16-2007, 05:42 PM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by acicchelli
I have had two FX45s one black and one silver. I traded the black one in a couple years ago for a Cayenne Turbo. I have since traded that Cayenne in for the Cayenne Turbo S I have ordered and upgraded to over 700 HP.

A few differences in the 2 cars:

Cayenne: Higher top speed, more power and acceleration once the turbos kick in
FX: No turbo lag, normally aspirated, flys off the line faster than the Cayenne
FX: has a harsher ride and an annoying smaller rear window
FX: you can get the distronic type option with the tech package
Cayenne: you can get parktronics and pano roof, both nice options
Cayenne: keyless entry option is better than the FXs
FX: has a much better useable rear view camera
Cayenne: you can tow more
Cayenne: has slightly more room inside the car
FX: has awesome reclining rear seats and the seats are 1000 times easier to fold down
Cayenne: Draws more looks and comments from strangers as there are way less on the road
Cayenne: Has nicer interior and more eye pleasing dash/controls
FX: Much lighter vehicle, and better gas mileageCayenne: true full time 4 wheel drive
FX: AWD turns off after a certain MPH
Cayenne: has more customizable options
FX: has more reasonable price, but tech package is a must to compete
Cayenne: everything costs more because its a Porsche
FX: It's not a Porsche
Cayenne: has rain sensing wipers and very nice cornering headlights
FX: Slightly cooler navigation
Cayenne: Has adjustable height and shock settings and more ground/water clearance
FX: Feels tigher (less body roll) in turns

Hope this helps, good luck with your decision.
Wow... that was impressive. I really appreciate all that info. I agree w/ you on most things above. I'm looking for a Cayenne T now..., as the "S" wasn't a big difference in comparison to the FX45. If I had a 35, maybe it would have been different. Thanks for the comparison.... and your right about the rear seats, probably the coolest feature that no one really notices for the rear passengers.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
mudman2 is right; you should really look at the air suspension option.

i don't know if it applies to you, but when i tested an FX 45 in the winter i found the rear TC was very slow in responding. the porsche version has much more control over throttle and brakes - it was black and white to the FX imo.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:40 PM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
Jeep SRT8..why not?

Old 11-25-2007, 07:03 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ACE76
I'll be going to a Cayenne Turbo in like another week or so from an FX45..not by choice though...some girl not paying attention to the road totaled my PARKED FX45...it was parked outside my home and she slammed into the back of it at 6:45 in the morning going like 40 mph...she was driving a brand new 08 Altima coupe...she totaled both vehicles...I just got my insurance check and am purchasing a used Cayenne Turbo...it's being inspected by Porsche in Chicago as we speak.

my spouse drove my 320i into a parked car just after we were married. i can however confirm she has not driven anywhere in NJ.