Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Questions on Cayennes while on the lookout for "The one"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 12:38 AM
JayWild is infamous around these parts
Questions on Cayennes while on the lookout for "The one"

Hey guys!

I don't post much to 6speed, but I do love browsing this site as Porsche is my favorite brand, outside of Lamborghini .

Anyways, I'm in search of Porsche Cayenne, and have a few questions. First, what is the best and most reliable resource to find a used Porsche Cayenne Turbo. I read a thread earlier today in which someone brought a used 2005? Porsche CTT for under $50K! How do I find such a deal?

Secondly, and most importantly, what are the overall expensses for current Cayenne owners? How is gas mileage for you? Have you been having any problems with reliability for older and newer Cayennes? I'm expecting maintenance/repairs to be more expensive than I'm used to, so I am going to baby the heck out of my first Cayenne if and once I get one.

All honest input is respected

God bless and Happy Holidays!

- J

P.S. I'm also considering a newer BMW X3 or X5, or a Land Rover LR3.

(be an upgrade over a 2007 Chevy Impala LS )

Old 12-04-2007, 12:50 AM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JayWild
Hey guys!

I don't post much to 6speed, but I do love browsing this site as Porsche is my favorite brand, outside of Lamborghini .

Anyways, I'm in search of Porsche Cayenne, and have a few questions. First, what is the best and most reliable resource to find a used Porsche Cayenne Turbo. I read a thread earlier today in which someone brought a used 2005? Porsche CTT for under $50K! How do I find such a deal?

Secondly, and most importantly, what are the overall expensses for current Cayenne owners? How is gas mileage for you? Have you been having any problems with reliability for older and newer Cayennes? I'm expecting maintenance/repairs to be more expensive than I'm used to, so I am going to baby the heck out of my first Cayenne if and once I get one.

All honest input is respected

God bless and Happy Holidays!

- J

P.S. I'm also considering a newer BMW X3 or X5, or a Land Rover LR3.

(be an upgrade over a 2007 Chevy Impala LS )

First of all howdy! and dont mention mpg and cayenne in the same sentence

But yes find a Certified Preowned CTT, preferrably 05 and above, some little annoying glitches on 03/04's... make sure all TSB's are done, if not have them do it..maintenance on the CTT's are every 20K miles so that's not even an issue.. what you have to make sure of is warranty/extended warranty.
You will find one easy at that price range, a lot of people have traded in or some leases have ended, some dealer instead of auctioning for wholesale might sell to you a little over wholesale.. let me know if you need help, but my contacts are here in the S.F. Bay Area

Old 12-13-2007, 09:22 PM
ACE76 is infamous around these parts
You might have been referring to my purchase...I got an 05 bright silver Turbo with 39k miles on it for $42k...I found mine on Ebay but the listing ended and I made the deal wit the dealer privately afterwards...you just have to be patient and keep browsing day and night and you will come across a great one for a great price...by the way, the dealer i made the deal with is Diamond Motorworks in Naperville, IL. I dealt with the president of the company for my sale. His name is Rami. Feel free to browse their collection online as he is constantly getting very good vehicles all the time...as a matter of fact, he has a beautiful black 04 BMW 645 that he would have given me for even less than the Cayenne Turbo..I just needed more space and the Turbo was a no-brainer in the end.

http://diamond-motorworks.ebizautos.com