Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Looking for a good Porsche dealer in the bay area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 11:59 PM
ugggh is infamous around these parts
I just went through the process of contacting all the dealers in the Bay Area. Ended up buying my Cayenne from Stevens Creek, from Robb Eglsaer. Great pricing, great service, very easy to work with. Tell him what you're looking for and he'll make a deal for you if he has the car available.

Carlssen were responsive and nice to work with, but they didn't have my desired color & options in stock. They weren't willing to come down as much on the pricing, though.

The woman I spoke to at Fremont was a total amateur. I just had the feeling that she would screw up the deal if I went with them.

Good luck in your search.

Old 01-06-2008, 01:12 AM
ELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud of
I bought mine from Corby Stead at Stead Porsche in Walnut Creek. Great sales experience. Much better than any other I've ever had. Everyone there is friendly and professional, from sales to reception to parts to service. And the service folks are great to work with -- not the typical runaround that many of us are used to (not that I have experience at other Bay area Porsche dealers -- to be fair). Stead is highly recommended.

Last edited by ELMEL; 01-07-2008 at 11:08 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:20 AM
racer_65 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Hiro
Anyone you can recommend at Porsche in Fremont? It is 5 min away from my office so would be most convenient to deal with. I will start calling the Porsche dealers next week. Two of the LandRover dealers I've been to called me this weekend and try to fight to get the deal. It is certainly a good time for buyers.

As for the reliability, my assumption is that as long as there is warranty, then the only issue will be the hassle of going to dealers. I still love the appearance, inside and out, of the RRS, but more things to consider than just the appearance. Thanks for all the comments.

Hiro
I bought the car from John Hutchison. Will PM you with his contact info.

On the reliability issue, a side effect is that unreliable cars tend to have low resale values and are harder to sell as they get older. BTW, have you test driven the RRS? The non-supercharged version can be quite slow, due to its extremely heavy weight.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:15 AM
Hiro is infamous around these parts
Thanks on the PM.

Yes, drove the RRS and very impressed with the offroad demo but not the standard freeway or turning handling. But still love the looks.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:37 PM
wilfred is infamous around these parts
I vote for Carlsen. I bought my Cayenne from them last year, easy smooth transaction. Got a good price on the new car and the trade. Like others have said, know exactly what you want (car, color, options) and the rest is easy.

In my case, I was looking for specific options on the remaining Titanium edition and the dealers in SoCal that had the cars were more interested in playing games then selling cars so I ended up searching further away. With Carlsen, all it took was 2-3 calls totaling no more than 15 mins and i just drove up, picked up the car.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:26 PM
Tumbler1 is infamous around these parts
I would talk to Barry in Fremont Porsche, he is very nice and will treat you respectful, that is what I got out from him last month, he let me test drive the CTT first time I asked and no pressure either.

Old 01-26-2008, 02:10 AM
Hiro is infamous around these parts
Thanks a lot for all of your inputs. Barry was very helpful at Fremont Porsche, and so were many other contacts referred at other dealers I contacted. However, I ended up getting the Range Rover Sport instead.