Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Door dings on a BRAND NEW car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 05:26 PM
thsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nice
Question Door dings on a BRAND NEW car?

Its been a while since I got my Cayenne S, but was curious as to know what you guys thought of what happened to me when I got it...

So I got my Cayenne on October of 2006, before I took the car, I inspected it for door dings/scratches... needless to say, I found 3 door dings on 2 door panels. I told my sales person that I wouldn't take the car until the dings were fixed, what's to say that they would retract from fixing it after I drove off claiming that I was responsible for the dings. Interestingly enough, the sales rep almost went ballistic when I refused to drive off with the car like that... lets just say things got ugly and another sales rep ended up showing me the car before I drove it off a few days after (and after the dings were repaired). I just find it unbelievable that a sales rep would act like that and that the "managers" did absolutely NOTHING (besides giving me another rep) to correct this. I really dislike the attitude and service that I got from McKenna (SoCal) but they are still the closest dealership to me so I still go there for service though I can't stand it. Maybe I should try Pasadena .

Anyone else had bad service at this dealership?
Also, was I unreasonable to expect the car to be ding-free before I drove off with the car?

Old 01-06-2008, 05:38 PM
atlshaver has a spectacular aura aboutatlshaver has a spectacular aura about
Not unrealistic but if they provide a we owe you you are covered.

Old 01-07-2008, 02:09 PM
racer_65 is infamous around these parts
You absolutely deserve a ding free car. At that point, you could've refused to accept the car and asked for a refund. The dealer cannot force you to take a new car without you being 100% satisfied.

Actually, this is a good "lessons learned". Before sitting down to negotiate a car, check it out thoroughly. Do not assume just because it's a new car, it's in flawless condition.

Last edited by racer_65; 01-07-2008 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:32 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Im not fan of the sales people at McKenna. Went in to order a 997TT 10 months ago, he took my check and went over to see someone in back muttering something about seeing if 'Mr. Mckenna was going to put a premium on the car'. Told him not to bother asking, if there's a premium I will take my business elsewhere (which i did).

Old 01-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
I would think the best thing anyone can do is report it to Porsche NA. Last thing a dealer wants is for their franchise to be revoked.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:41 PM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
I think all Porsche dealers have their own stories....

My grudge is against Pacific Porsche

Old 01-07-2008, 03:50 PM
thsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nice
Why is the service/attention to customer so crappy at Porsche dealerships then?

Its not like we are buying a cheap car for God's sake.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
I think we had a topic similar to this before. Seems like the upscale dealerships tend to have sales teams that "think" just because they sell the cars they can be just as snobby as some of the people that drive them.