Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne Turbo S GT700 on race fuel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 11:54 PM
VBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud of
Cayenne Turbo S GT700 on race fuel

Today I took a long break from work today and decided to take my Cayenne Turbo S out for a long drive. I set up my driftbox and away I went. After letting the car warm up for a while and getting satellite lock on the driftbox, I searched for some good spots to do some 0 - 60 mph runs. This was the first time I had done any performance measurements with race fuel in the car and with it set to race mode. My best 0 - 60 times of the day were as follows:

The temperature was 40 degrees, and I had about 1/3 tank of gas.

PSM on, no power braking, sport suspension: 4.6 seconds
PSM off, no power braking, sport suspension: 4.4 seconds
PSM off, power braking to 2300 rpms, sport suspension 3.9 seconds

I did one 1/8 mile run (same run as the 3.9 second run): 7.9 seconds @ 90.56 mph (60 ft. time of 1.9 seconds) (30-50 1.5 sec, 50-70 1.9 sec)

When the car was stock, the best I could get with power braking, psm off, was 4.8 seconds. (Same as what Porsche claims) Without power braking and psm on, it was 5.6 seconds.

This package has turned my car into a beast. It's even more impressive from a roll than it is from a stop. I have had the upgrade for about 9 months now and put about 4000 miles on it. There is a big difference with the race fuel and race mode. I am planning to run the race fuel all the time now. I love the extra ~100 hp you get.

I highly recommend this Cayenne GT700 package from EVOMS. The exhaust sound is amazing, and I have never felt a car this heavy move this fast! I think it's pretty close to as fast as a stock Gallardo.

Aaron

Old 01-27-2008, 12:07 AM
nunez has a spectacular aura aboutnunez has a spectacular aura about
This is music to my ears. I've been trying to decide what I want my daily driver to be and I think this has me pretty much set on a cayenne. Now for some pics and video.

Old 01-27-2008, 12:56 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Those are some great numbers, your Cayenne catapults like crazy off the line with power braking and psm switched off.

Old 01-27-2008, 03:32 AM
Banned
Freak997TT is infamous around these parts
Awesome!

Old 01-27-2008, 04:51 AM
FLpaindoc is a jewel in the roughFLpaindoc is a jewel in the roughFLpaindoc is a jewel in the rough
what a beast! just amazing. Have you ever taken her to the drag strip?

Old 01-27-2008, 04:54 AM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Those are great numbers.. awesome car!!

Old 01-27-2008, 08:30 AM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
That is impressive, I am not sure these Cayennes should be moving that fast!! Does it break traction or just pull like a ****? We need some pics of your rides together, that is one heck of an impressive line up.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:39 AM
VBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud of
Some Pictures

Thanks for the comments,

Down below are a few pictures of the cars, the Gallardo is currently gone to Jason Heffner's shop undergoing the 1000+ hp twin turbo conversion. After 3 months of waiting, I will be flying down this friday to Sarasota to check out and drive my completed Gallardo. I rode in the Car and Driver TT Gallardo (880 hp), and I was sold immediately.

I have never been to a dragstrip, I dont believe there is a 1/4 mile track around here. My Cayenne will spin all 4 tires if you power brake with the RPMs too high. 3000 rpms and cold weather will light them up. On my launches I had very little spin, it just hooked up and went. 1.9 sec 60ft time is not bad, but I think it could be improved upon. For reference, without power braking I was getting a 2.2 - 2.4 60 ft time.

Attached Images      
Old 01-27-2008, 09:41 AM
more pictures

Attached Images      
Old 01-27-2008, 09:43 AM
some more.

Attached Images      
Old 01-27-2008, 09:51 AM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
Thanks for the pics, that lp is insane. You are an hp junkie no question about it!

Old 01-27-2008, 07:35 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Great lookin CTTS you have there...oh and the other rides arent too shabby either

Any other mods planned for the Cayenne? I mean, i kinda like how it looks stock and goes THAT fast...but i cant help what some nice wheels and lip kit would look like sitting in the driveway.

Thanks for sharing!!!

PS: I love the smell of race gas! hahahaha

Old 01-27-2008, 08:08 PM
Banned
Trevor Ely is infamous around these parts
That is insane!

I honestly can't imagine a pepper accelerating like this.

Old 01-27-2008, 08:29 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
I hope you continue to enjoy the cars and thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:20 PM
Tumbler1 is infamous around these parts
I just got my 08 Marine blue CTT but your other lime and yellow monster are some hp legend. Enjoy it. Would like to know more about your 1000+ hp Gallardo later. Thx for sharing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Turbo S GT700 on race fuel