Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne S getting slower sometimes why?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 07:29 PM
canberk is infamous around these parts
Cayenne S getting slower sometimes why?

Guys,

Today, I am pretty sure, positive about this fact and I want to know the reason of this problem. My CS gets slower than usual sometimes. When I kickdown around 17mph at 3rd gear, my cs is used to push me so hard, but sometimes it doesn't, and today was one of those days and after turning my car off for dinner and after dinner, I started my car up again and it was perfect. Why do you think is this?

Old 01-28-2008, 08:32 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Was the car cold ?

This is pretty normal especially if your water and oil levels are under the ideal temp's. Next time try pressing PSM OFF to turn the car into a sport settings and dont forget to click on the sports button for both the suspension and the PDDC.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:01 PM
The car was not cold, it was running on the desired temperature which is around 180 degrees fahrenheit and oil temp was around 200F. It has nothing to do with the engine temperature nor the sport mode since the sport mode was active and psm was off when I decided to open this thread. But thank you anyway

Old 01-28-2008, 09:16 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
I am not sure then, its not a problem just ask you service adviser for more information.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:35 PM
baseballfanz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by canberk
Guys,

Today, I am pretty sure, positive about this fact and I want to know the reason of this problem. My CS gets slower than usual sometimes. When I kickdown around 17mph at 3rd gear, my cs is used to push me so hard, but sometimes it doesn't, and today was one of those days and after turning my car off for dinner and after dinner, I started my car up again and it was perfect. Why do you think is this?
The Cayenne's ECU is a learning/adapting type (as with most newer vehicles). It will monitor your driving habits and adapt to it. Usually to get rid of this just do a few WOT (wide open throttle) runs. Once the car is shut down that's when the ECU rewrite the air/fuel map hence the reason she felt better after your dinner. This is sometime refer to as your ECU is in "Granny Mode".

Old 01-28-2008, 09:45 PM
baseballfanz, are you serious? Is this a guess or you really know it? If so, that's so cool!!! Thank you

Old 01-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by canberk
baseballfanz, are you serious? Is this a guess or you really know it? If so, that's so cool!!! Thank you
Its true especially if you haven't break n it in yet, the ecu gets adapted to your driving style. As an example when I just give the gas pedal a little push it downshifts violently into 3rd gear from 5th or 6th so I can drive faster.

A little experimenting with PSM off does the trick!

Old 01-28-2008, 10:13 PM
meanmachine, i guess what you are talking about is different because my car does the same, downshifts to even 2nd gear from 5th gear if i am in sport mode, however, what I am talking about is when it shifts down to 2nd gear, this is where I feel the difference. It always shifts down, but sometimes I feel a strange difference between car startups...

Old 01-28-2008, 10:22 PM
I see, well good luck with the CS and I hope the Ecu adapts to your driving type soon.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:25 PM
If it still couldn't adapt, then it's stupid...

Old 01-28-2008, 10:45 PM
baseballfanz is infamous around these parts
Unfortunately most of the driving done everyday is not "Speed Racer" type, so over time it will learn how you drive. All you have to do is step on it once in a while. The old adage of babying it till broken in is not necessary in newer vehicles, "Drive it like you stole it" is how a new vehicle need to be broken in.