Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

CTT ECU upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 09:48 AM
Eurorus is infamous around these parts
CTT ECU upgrade

Good day,

Please advice if ECU upgrade is dangerous for the car, specialy engine.
I have been offered ECU upgrade for 750USD, it will add me 100n/m of torque and 90HP. It is pretty good. Will it change fuel economy and engine condition???

P.S

Righ now my cayenne does 5.4 from 0 to 100Kmh. how do you think this ecu upgrade will change this numbers?

Old 02-01-2008, 10:02 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
The ecu will substantially increase the boost on your Cayenne, allowing the Turbo's to spool much easily and react quickly due to the aggressive mapping and calibration of the ecu. I say go for it but make sure you get some bypass pipes, diverter valves and the EVOMS air intake so it guarantees you a good overall setup.

In regards to engine condition I don't think there is a side effect, mind you my Cayenne is flashed since the first few weeks of ownership and it still runs great. Fuel economy will be improved once you add the air intake system but I think it will worsen with just the ecu alone as it requires a higher grade of fuel, I am using 98 octane if memory serves me right.

For the 0-60 or 0-97kmh sprint did you power brake to get the 5.4 seconds, I suggest you to try it again by power braking and this time putting the suspension setting in comfort with psm off.

Expect with the modifications I've suggested hitting the 585-590 hp if your Cayenne is running healthy, I highly doubt the ecu alone providing 90hp straight away as the other vendors or tuners are estimating around as low as 45hp to 65.

Good luck with the performance modifications, try to get before and after dyno runs so you can compare if you truly did gain 90hp to the crank.

Last edited by MeanMachine; 02-01-2008 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:24 PM
canberk is infamous around these parts
I'm pretty sure you won't get a 90+HP gain only by upgrading your ECU, you should also consider upgrading your air intakes too. Also, be aware that these mods will void your warranty.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:37 PM
cobalt94T is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by canberk
I'm pretty sure you won't get a 90+HP gain only by upgrading your ECU, you should also consider upgrading your air intakes too. Also, be aware that these mods will void your warranty.
Why do they void the warranty? My dealership offered to do it to mine and said it would not void the warranty.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
Some dealers are mod friendly and some are not. If you are going to mod, the best way is to find a mod friendly dealer and have them do the mods. Get it in writing that they will not void your warranty if something happens. Better to cover your butt just in case......

Old 02-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Has anyone done this re-tune? Thoughts?

Christian

Old 02-04-2008, 01:11 PM
Makes sense although I would have Paul from Protosport do it if I decide to go through with it. I just had my ECU replaced under warranty, now would be the best time I think. My warranty expires in August anyway.

Christian,

Thought you sold the 964T. How are you liking the 996TT?

BTW I have heard from several people that had Paul do the upgrade along with new filters and exhaust and basically they say it is scary fast and much better response. Not sure if I need the CT to be faster than it is already but I have always been an advocate of the too much power club.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:00 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
I second COBALTS advice. I have a Protomotive STG2 CTT and Paul/John at Protosport did the work. They fabbed up a custom exhaust and also installed the EVO intake. The only thing left for me to do is BPV's, Larger IC's and Intake Plenium. Granted I don't "need" to do these things but I sure believe they will make a difference in throttle response. If you want to check out my mod lis and see some pictures check out my thread https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ne+protomotive

Last edited by str8blst; 02-04-2008 at 02:35 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by str8blst
I second COBALTS advice. I have a Protomotive STG2 CTT and Paul/John at Protosport did the work. They fabbed up a custom exhaust and also installed hte EVO intake. The only thing left for me to do is BPV's, Larger IC's and Intake Plenium. Granted I don't "need" to do these things but I sure believe they will make a difference in throttle response. If you want to check out my mod lis and see some pictures check out my thread https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ne+protomotive

Alan,

Looks good, how have you been? I am seriously thinking of having the work done soon. But need to do a Tbelt on the GTS and want to modify the suspension and exhaust on my turbo. What to do first?? Since I use the CT more than any I think it might be the best place to start. My wife and I share the CT, do you think it is too aggressive for her, although she has become quite the track driver she concerns me on the street sometimes. I am dead if she ever reads this.

Also I have always felt the brakes could be a bit beefier on the CT. Do you feel your overpowering them? Paul was talking about using GT3 slotted rotors and a better brake compound. Any thoughts?

Anthony

Old 02-04-2008, 02:50 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cobalt94T
Alan,

Looks good, how have you been? I am seriously thinking of having the work done soon. But need to do a Tbelt on the GTS and want to modify the suspension and exhaust on my turbo. What to do first?? Since I use the CT more than any I think it might be the best place to start. My wife and I share the CT, do you think it is too aggressive for her, although she has become quite the track driver she concerns me on the street sometimes. I am dead if she ever reads this.

Also I have always felt the brakes could be a bit beefier on the CT. Do you feel your overpowering them? Paul was talking about using GT3 slotted rotors and a better brake compound. Any thoughts?
Hi Anthony,
Glad to hear the mod bug hasn't left you! I think your wife will have no problem driving the CTT after the mods. My CTT is actually my wife's daily driver. She hasn't complained about the mods but does notice the improved power. I think she will be fine. The real difference you can feel is in "TIP" mode. Holding the RPM's a bit longer makes a huge difference. If you like we can setup a time for you to take a spin in my car to see if you will like the mods.

As for the brakes. I do agree that a more aggressive compound would be beneficial. But since my wifes uses it and isn't really a speed freak the stock brakes work just fine. I will probably replace the pads with a different compound next time they need servicing.

I will tell you the car is a absolute beast now. The way it pulls and moves is unreal. It feels so fast and yet can be driven as a daily no problem as evidence of my wife's use. (and she has no track/driver's ed days)

Anyway hopefully my 0.02 gave you some more insight. Like I said you are welcome to take a ride anytime... just hit me up!

Old 02-04-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by str8blst
Hi Anthony,
Glad to hear the mod bug hasn't left you! I think your wife will have no problem driving the CTT after the mods. My CTT is actually my wife's daily driver. She hasn't complained about the mods but does notice the improved power. I think she will be fine. The real difference you can feel is in "TIP" mode. Holding the RPM's a bit longer makes a huge difference. If you like we can setup a time for you to take a spin in my car to see if you will like the mods.

As for the brakes. I do agree that a more aggressive compound would be beneficial. But since my wifes uses it and isn't really a speed freak the stock brakes work just fine. I will probably replace the pads with a different compound next time they need servicing.

I will tell you the car is a absolute beast now. The way it pulls and moves is unreal. It feels so fast and yet can be driven as a daily no problem as evidence of my wife's use. (and she has no track/driver's ed days)

Anyway hopefully my 0.02 gave you some more insight. Like I said you are welcome to take a ride anytime... just hit me up!

Sounds good. I would appreciate the test drive before I throw the $$ into it. The C2 has cost me more than any of the other toys. After 3k track miles last year Cindy and I have decided it needed a bit more so i just had Paul do a suspension and exhaust mod amongst other things like a new trailer and multiple sets of tire and rims. Amazing how quickly it can suck the money down. LOL Cindy hasn't become a speed demon although I notice hr apexing her turns on the off ramps.

Let me know when is good for you? Were not too far from each other and would be good to see you again. Hope you plan on doing some more DE this year. Looks like we are doing almost every event.

Old 02-06-2008, 11:03 AM
ACE76 is infamous around these parts
Sounds good. I would appreciate the test drive before I throw the $$ into it. The C2 has cost me more than any of the other toys. After 3k track miles last year Cindy and I have decided it needed a bit more so i just had Paul do a suspension and exhaust mod amongst other things like a new trailer and multiple sets of tire and rims. Amazing how quickly it can suck the money down. LOL Cindy hasn't become a speed demon although I notice hr apexing her turns on the off ramps.

Let me know when is good for you? Were not too far from each other and would be good to see you again. Hope you plan on doing some more DE this year. Looks like we are doing almost every event.
I noticed you live in Jersey...I live in Central Jersey (Middlesex County) but work up north in Jersey City..where do you live?

Old 02-06-2008, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by ACE76
I noticed you live in Jersey...I live in Central Jersey (Middlesex County) but work up north in Jersey City..where do you live?
Work in Hoboken, commute down route 3 everyday from Montclair, Clifton area. You must have as much fun commuting as I do.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:38 PM
ACE76 is infamous around these parts
Work in Hoboken, commute down route 3 everyday from Montclair, Clifton area. You must have as much fun commuting as I do.
The commute sucks big time...I'm on the Turnpike everyday...but if I leave a little later and the morning traffic has passed, it's fun driving the CTT fast.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:09 AM
brmike22 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up nj gtg?

guys, i'm also in central nj. we should set up a GTG. i'm about it install my EVo intake and get the GIAC flash.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CTT ECU upgrade