Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Full exhaust, bypass pipes, secondary pipes - advice needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 08:35 PM
MadeInPorshe is infamous around these partsMadeInPorshe is infamous around these parts
Sorry for the dumb question but, do any of these pipes replaces cats?

Old 09-07-2008, 02:41 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by MadeInPorshe
Sorry for the dumb question but, do any of these pipes replaces cats?
Yes the 2ndary bypass pipes.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:06 PM
g_reaper3 is infamous around these parts
Question Cayenne Turbo too loud

I just bought a 2004 Cayenne Turbo with the fabspeed cat bypasses and a cargraphics exhaust. Its just too loud for driving every day. I dont have any of the stock parts. Some posts suggest the inserts from Car Chemistry. I am guessing my other options would be to put the secondary cats back on or to replace the cargraphics muffler. Any thoughts?

Old 03-01-2010, 10:15 PM
Jeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by mrwireless
OK, so we got full exhaust, bypass pipes, secondary bypass pipes. Cargraphics, fabspeed, techart, speedart and so much more that im sure i missed........

I have a 08CTT and need some advice on what to do. From searching around here, i hear that installing both full exhaust and bypass pipes (or secondary pipes?) are not a good idea on the CTT. Some have stated loss of power off the line, some saying they have gained. Can anyone give me any feedback or advice here on what brands, set up i should do?

I have a few grand to spend on this and would love to hear what everyone has to say. My goal is to gain as much power as i can and give the cayenne a deeper sound with out it sounding over the top loud.

Thanks much!
Joe
Go see Martin at 'All German Autoworks' in Escondido for your installation. He installed my By-Pass pipes and sport exhaust. I couldn't be happier.

Cheers

Old 03-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Jeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by g_reaper3
I just bought a 2004 Cayenne Turbo with the fabspeed cat bypasses and a cargraphics exhaust. Its just too loud for driving every day. I dont have any of the stock parts. Some posts suggest the inserts from Car Chemistry. I am guessing my other options would be to put the secondary cats back on or to replace the cargraphics muffler. Any thoughts?
Reinstalling your secondary cats should do the trick.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Botox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura about
The secondary cat bypass pipes give 25 plus horsepower, the mufflers give minimal improvements in horsepower and are much more expensive. Best off doing bypass pipes plus ECU

Old 03-03-2010, 11:56 AM
medtech is infamous around these parts
Aw man, I just threw away my OEM cats 2 days ago!

The exhaust is probably what is pushing it over the edge for you. The cat bypass by itself it pretty quiet in all regular driving and only gets loud during WOT.

If you want to do a swap of exhausts (I have OEM) send me an email @ junk@fureyus.net

A

To the OP:
Cargraphic Bypass pipes run about $800 (but they come with hangers, see avatar)
The Cargraphic exhaust MSRP is about $3k.

Last edited by medtech; 03-03-2010 at 12:32 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:04 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute

The simplest cure for you would be to put back the 2ndary cats. This should take a shop no more than an hour to do. PM me if you want the stock cats.
Mine is also a 2004 CTT.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:37 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by medtech
Aw man, I just threw away my OEM cats 2 days ago!

The exhaust is probably what is pushing it over the edge for you. The cat bypass by itself it pretty quiet in all regular driving and only gets loud during WOT.

If you want to do a swap of exhausts (I have OEM) send me an email @ junk@fureyus.net

A

To the OP:
Cargraphic Bypass pipes run about $800 (but they come with hangers, see avatar)
The Cargraphic exhaust MSRP is about $3k.
I have a pair off 04 CTT, pay for shipping there yours! PM me

But I agree with Botox the bypass pipes are better than exhaust...MHO

Old 03-03-2010, 07:27 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt36vhfoWrQ

Hi,here's a link to the video i posted when i just got my 09CTT with Tubi exhaust and stage 2 ecu upgrade...love the deep growl

Old 06-22-2010, 03:10 PM
mja305 is infamous around these parts
Has anyone actually dyno the 2nd cat bypass install to see if it in fact does adds HP? I am about to remove my stock ones, but I keep hearing mixed messages about it. Common Sense tells me that less back pressure means added horse power but some do not agree. I'm probably going to do it anyways just because I want to add a little more sound and I already have the ecu tune, DV, Filter etc.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:41 PM
medtech is infamous around these parts
I know this is an old thread, but here's my update.

I ended up putting the Cargraphics catbypass and muffler on my CS. Yes it did sound like an AM, but within 48 hours I had a noise ticket. Even without the ticket it was way over the top, even for me. So I put OEM cats back on and now the sound is very aggressive but passable.

The cargraphics muffler is way louder than the catbypass by itself. If you really want to do both, I would put the muffler on first, then decide if you really need the bypass. Otherwise just do the bypass, it's cheaper and sounds loud/hard on WOT, but is quiet the rest of the time.

Whatever you do, don't throw away the old cats unless you are sure you like the sound. Doh!!