Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Me Thinks I have The Most Cayennes ;)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 01:11 PM
wantone is infamous around these parts
Hi guys, yes the cars are being shipped to Russia. Ukraine to be exact. The profits unfortunately are not as profitable as many would think. Dealers, no offense, are being brain washed to believe that exporters like us are making 10s of thousands when this is not the case. Buyers overseas know a thing or two about 'window stickers' and MSRP prices from the Internet. So what I make is basically finding the cars and making between MSRP and what dealers are willing to sell over invoice. In between that margin I still need to pay inland trucking which can sometime cost between $500-$1300 if they're going cross country and commissions to the sales people who put my orders in. ZemDogg, would love to buy from you. PM if you're interested. From the photos I have customers for Reds, Blues, Grays, Jarma, and Silvers. If anyone is willing to help I am also looking for people to help.

Old 02-09-2008, 01:12 PM
By the way, I have a slightly used White E63 with a fantastic lease offer. PM for details. Basically take over my friend's lease and the rates are about $900/mo. Beat that!

Old 02-09-2008, 01:34 PM
ZEMDOGG is infamous around these parts
Wantone, I would love to help you out but I cannot. Only used cars. Porsche turned their heads the past few months and they actually have come down and are getting more aggressive on shipping. It may be harder for you very soon. Best of luck though and if there is a pre-owned Cayenne you need let me know and I can help you there.

-Andreas

Old 02-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Hi Andreas, yes all the mfgs are making it more difficult HOWEVER Porsche has recently turned a blind eye on exports and unfortunately most salespeople don't get 'the memo' and probably never will. The people who are letting the export market thrive is not me or you. It's the GMs and Fleet managers who are selling to exporters directly and in the process bypassing their salespeople. How many 2008 Cayenne V6s in black or basalt black have you seen on the streets? If you see a black V6, semi loaded, being ordered or traded to another dealer, chances are it's for an exporter? I have right now an order for a used 2004 Cayenne Turbo in Blue. If you have something like that, please PM me.

Old 02-09-2008, 10:12 PM
cellg8 is infamous around these parts
man..they're so beautiful!

Old 02-09-2008, 10:37 PM
canberk is infamous around these parts
Wantone, would u be interested in a basalt black 08 cayenne s with pasm air suspension and all the possible options on it? It has 5800 miles on it...

Old 02-09-2008, 11:12 PM
mishref is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by wantone
I was thinking .. thats possibly the nicest cayenne interior I have ever seen, then I realized its a Bentley.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:27 AM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
Love those E63s!
And yes that's a lot of Cayennes!
They are popular in Europe, saw a lot in Greece.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:46 AM
wilfred is infamous around these parts
Hi guys, yes the cars are being shipped to Russia. Ukraine to be exact. The profits unfortunately are not as profitable as many would think. Dealers, no offense, are being brain washed to believe that exporters like us are making 10s of thousands when this is not the case. Buyers overseas know a thing or two about 'window stickers' and MSRP prices from the Internet. So what I make is basically finding the cars and making between MSRP and what dealers are willing to sell over invoice. In between that margin I still need to pay inland trucking which can sometime cost between $500-$1300 if they're going cross country and commissions to the sales people who put my orders in. ZemDogg, would love to buy from you. PM if you're interested. From the photos I have customers for Reds, Blues, Grays, Jarma, and Silvers. If anyone is willing to help I am also looking for people to help.
A friend of mine has been exporting Hummers to China for years. He buys from dealers out of state so he doesn't have to pay sales tax & license since the vehicle will not be driven on public roads. I am sure GM and the dealers knows when an individual buy so many Hummers every month...

So my question is what can Porsche, GM, or any manufacturer really do if a customer walks in, buy a car and export it? There is nothing illegal about it?

Old 02-10-2008, 11:49 AM
There is nothing illegal about exporting, pardon me for standing on this soapbox, but what car dealers like GM, Porsche, MBZ, Audi, BMW, and Audi are doing today is a grave disservice to the salespeople at the dealerships trying to earn a living and a disservice to the American export trade.

Salespeople like ZEMDOGG are told each month to sell x number of units to make their sales quota. At the current economy, how many people are buying Cayenne V6s? In fact how many new 2008 Cayennes, X5 4.8s, Hummers, or Audi Q7s do you see on the road??? The only people who are buying are foreigners. Awesome so there's still a market and ZEMDOGG can still make a living because people like me will buy 20-40 units a month but guess what? Porsche North America says we will slap you (the dealership) huge fines for exporting cars to overseas because you are hurting foreign markets with the cheaper priced US cars. Well you know what, why don't the mfgs just set a ONE PRICE policy across the world then no one would be interested to buy US Cayennes which are underpowered anyway. So salespeople like ZEMDOGG are told to sell sell sell but you give them a big order and they can't accept. What sucks for ZEMDOGG is that there are many dealerships out there who are still exporting but all those export sales are controlled by the general managers, fleet people, and owners. In fact what ZEMDOGG doesn't know is that Porsche is turning a blind eye and as a result I have dealers asking me if I can place 4, 8, 10 car orders to sustain sales at the dealership. Another reality which many people don't know is that some dealerships use racial profiling to screen customers. Walk in as an Asian or Russian fellow and offer to buy a car for another State and immediately you'll be denied the purchase. Walk into a Porsche, MBZ, or Audi dealership offer to buy multi-units, you will also get denied.

In any country, when you declare to a dealership that you're exporting a product and pay good money, in full, never is tax accessed. If tax is added on to a car, those taxes can be refunded. This has been the case for Asia and Europe. Even Canada with their GST (you can get half back) Only in the US are taxes NON REFUNDABLE after purchase. For this reason when you buy a product, present a re-sale license, and claim it for export, your supplier must not charge you tax. What dealers are doing today to prevent export is charging you tax for cars that aren't going to be driven on American roads! Hence people buy from out of State.

To set the facts straight, EXPORTING IS NOT ILLEGAL. When I pay for a car with a price that both dealer and I agree to and with clear title, I can take the car apart, torch it, or re-sell it. The car is mine. Dealers have no say what you do once the car leaves the dealership. Dealers are making it sound like exporting is a crime and claim that exporters like us are making huge profits selling cars to overseas markets. What these dealerships DO NOT REALIZE is that in overseas markets road taxes are higher than what they are here in the US. They are double sometimes triple! Salespeople are then lead to believe we're making $50K off a $55K Cayenne! I open this discussion to the dealers and would love to hear what you have to say.

The facts are here and I encourage you to call to your local dealership and see for yourself. If by chance you're able to offer me any new or used Cayennes, Q7s, GL450s, I will gladly buy from you.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by canberk
Wantone, would u be interested in a basalt black 08 cayenne s with pasm air suspension and all the possible options on it? It has 5800 miles on it...
Canberk, I'll be very frank since you're also a member on this board and I don't want to appear as a low baller. For Ukraine, they're looking at stripped low optioned Cayennes. If I were to buy, I'd have to be slightly below low KBB's trade-in price to 1. cover inland transport from Chicago (where you're at) to Jersey, 2. Freight from Jersey to Ukraine. Your best bet is to try and sell in your local markets.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:54 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Porsche North America says we will slap you (the dealership) huge fines for exporting cars to overseas because you are hurting foreign markets with the cheaper priced US cars. Well you know what, why don't the mfgs just set a ONE PRICE policy across the world then no one would be interested to buy US Cayennes which are underpowered anyway.

One price? Then Porsche would get different prices because exchange rates constantly fluctuate.
Allow/encourage exports? So that the domestic dealers in other countries can suffer?

Okay...

Old 02-10-2008, 07:25 PM
wilfred is infamous around these parts
There is nothing illegal about exporting, pardon me for standing on this soapbox, but what car dealers like GM, Porsche, MBZ, Audi, BMW, and Audi are doing today is a grave disservice to the salespeople at the dealerships trying to earn a living and a disservice to the American export trade.

Salespeople like ZEMDOGG are told each month to sell x number of units to make their sales quota. At the current economy, how many people are buying Cayenne V6s? In fact how many new 2008 Cayennes, X5 4.8s, Hummers, or Audi Q7s do you see on the road??? The only people who are buying are foreigners. Awesome so there's still a market and ZEMDOGG can still make a living because people like me will buy 20-40 units a month but guess what? Porsche North America says we will slap you (the dealership) huge fines for exporting cars to overseas because you are hurting foreign markets with the cheaper priced US cars. Well you know what, why don't the mfgs just set a ONE PRICE policy across the world then no one would be interested to buy US Cayennes which are underpowered anyway. So salespeople like ZEMDOGG are told to sell sell sell but you give them a big order and they can't accept. What sucks for ZEMDOGG is that there are many dealerships out there who are still exporting but all those export sales are controlled by the general managers, fleet people, and owners. In fact what ZEMDOGG doesn't know is that Porsche is turning a blind eye and as a result I have dealers asking me if I can place 4, 8, 10 car orders to sustain sales at the dealership. Another reality which many people don't know is that some dealerships use racial profiling to screen customers. Walk in as an Asian or Russian fellow and offer to buy a car for another State and immediately you'll be denied the purchase. Walk into a Porsche, MBZ, or Audi dealership offer to buy multi-units, you will also get denied.

In any country, when you declare to a dealership that you're exporting a product and pay good money, in full, never is tax accessed. If tax is added on to a car, those taxes can be refunded. This has been the case for Asia and Europe. Even Canada with their GST (you can get half back) Only in the US are taxes NON REFUNDABLE after purchase. For this reason when you buy a product, present a re-sale license, and claim it for export, your supplier must not charge you tax. What dealers are doing today to prevent export is charging you tax for cars that aren't going to be driven on American roads! Hence people buy from out of State.

To set the facts straight, EXPORTING IS NOT ILLEGAL. When I pay for a car with a price that both dealer and I agree to and with clear title, I can take the car apart, torch it, or re-sell it. The car is mine. Dealers have no say what you do once the car leaves the dealership. Dealers are making it sound like exporting is a crime and claim that exporters like us are making huge profits selling cars to overseas markets. What these dealerships DO NOT REALIZE is that in overseas markets road taxes are higher than what they are here in the US. They are double sometimes triple! Salespeople are then lead to believe we're making $50K off a $55K Cayenne! I open this discussion to the dealers and would love to hear what you have to say.

The facts are here and I encourage you to call to your local dealership and see for yourself. If by chance you're able to offer me any new or used Cayennes, Q7s, GL450s, I will gladly buy from you.
Maybe things have changed since the last time I talked to my friend that exports Hummers. But why do you have to tell the dealers you are exporting it?

My understanding is if I buy a car from out of state, I do not pay sales tax and license in that state. I would only pay them in my state/local DMV if I decide to register the car here so I can drive it on public roads. But in his case, he would have the Hummers truck directly to the shipping company where they shoved them in the containers. As long as he can proof ownership of the vehicle to US Customs (making sure the vehicles are not stolen or still have a lien), he never has any problem.

So what I am saying is, can't you just not tell the dealer you will be exporting it? I have bought few cars for friends overseas in the past and never experienced any problems. Yes, the dealers have asked if I will export the vehicle and I tell them no

Old 02-10-2008, 11:13 PM
Wilfred, things have not changed much. If you live in Texas and decide to buy a car from a Texas dealer, dealer will charge you tax. If you tell them you are exporting then 'supposedly' they should not charge you tax. Hence we are always up front with our intentions. Some dealers entertain it, some don't.

Old 02-11-2008, 07:15 AM
ZEMDOGG is infamous around these parts
Wantone be careful buddy. Policy has changed again. They turned a blind eye I belive to boost sales. They JUST releases a memo that they will be cracking the whip hard and heavy. As of right now for us the fact is we are all out of Cayenne S right now and have only 3 V6s right now. All retail customers. The Cayenne is selling. Not in previous numbers but selling none the less.

And I will keep my eyes open for a Blue turbo! Thanks!

-Andreas

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Me Thinks I have The Most Cayennes ;)