Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Me Thinks I have The Most Cayennes ;)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 11:10 AM
GossettPorsche is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by wantone
I'd absolutely LOVE to but due to Porsche's higher pricing of cars outside the US and the Euro, it makes poor business sense! If Porsche decides to price their cars cheaper in South Africa, heck I am there.
This is exactly why PCNA has the no-export sales policy in place. otherwise PAG would be forced to raise the prices of these cars for our market.

I understand your logic, but you exporting US market cars undermines both PAG and their dealer network in other markets. and it's a bit different with Hummers, since it is a USDM product, made here.

you're welcome to buy all the pre owned ones you want though. all it does is reinforce resale value for the brand, and the cars, since increases the demand on them pre owned. and that's a good thing, especially for owners.

Old 02-24-2008, 01:27 AM
wantone is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GossettPorsche
This is exactly why PCNA has the no-export sales policy in place. otherwise PAG would be forced to raise the prices of these cars for our market.

I understand your logic, but you exporting US market cars undermines both PAG and their dealer network in other markets. and it's a bit different with Hummers, since it is a USDM product, made here.

you're welcome to buy all the pre owned ones you want though. all it does is reinforce resale value for the brand, and the cars, since increases the demand on them pre owned. and that's a good thing, especially for owners.
I'd have to disagree with you Dustin. *I don't think I am undermining any markets. *1. Dealers agree to sell me at price 'x', I pay price 'x' and should be able to re-sell it to whoever I choose. I am not getting Cayennes at a better price than any walk in customer. 2. Porsche is undermining themselves. Me and my industry would not exist if they didn't set up a 2 price system. You follow me? As one rapper has it... "Don't hate the player. Hate the game." **

Old 02-24-2008, 11:14 PM
j911 is infamous around these parts
As soon as I mention "export", dealers don't want to deal with me. Especially the Mercedes dealers. I've heard few dealers got fined up to $7500 per car and losing allocations for selling to an exporter. So sometimes being upfront, you wouldn't have access to the car you really need for you client.

Also, potential overseas clients are aware of the prices of cars are being sold (or the MSRP) in the U.S. so the profit margin is not that great as mentioned by the original poster.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:20 PM
Ain't that the truth!

Old 02-29-2008, 01:11 AM
j911 is infamous around these parts
Ain't that the truth!

Wantone, can you pm me. What sort of help do you need?

Old 02-29-2008, 11:00 AM
DAM
DAM is infamous around these parts
Why don't you target the used market? Buy every 08 you can that hits a dealer other than Porsche?

If they would adjust Canadian prices, I would be all over this. Buy in Alberta where there is no Provincial Sales Tax, and get back half the GST. Too bad our cayenne S's start $15 grand higher up here.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:55 PM
^ The problem with the used market is that there is little to no used, demo, Cayenne V6s out there. The ones that are there dealers are discounting very little.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Finality is infamous around these partsFinality is infamous around these parts
^ The problem with the used market is that there is little to no used, demo, Cayenne V6s out there. The ones that are there dealers are discounting very little.
From what I read up on Porsche NA cut US numbers for a few months so as not to flood the market.

wantone: you have a PM

Old 04-08-2008, 02:11 AM
Hsiang613 is infamous around these parts
very nice... r u trying to "steal" it outta the country?

Old 04-08-2008, 09:05 AM
JackGt3 has a spectacular aura aboutJackGt3 has a spectacular aura about
Hi Andreas, yes all the mfgs are making it more difficult HOWEVER Porsche has recently turned a blind eye on exports and unfortunately most salespeople don't get 'the memo' and probably never will. The people who are letting the export market thrive is not me or you. It's the GMs and Fleet managers who are selling to exporters directly and in the process bypassing their salespeople. How many 2008 Cayenne V6s in black or basalt black have you seen on the streets? If you see a black V6, semi loaded, being ordered or traded to another dealer, chances are it's for an exporter? I have right now an order for a used 2004 Cayenne Turbo in Blue. If you have something like that, please PM me.
I hope you make nothing but money but If i were you and this was my living I certaintly would "taunt porsche's blind eye" on a public message forum
!

you know they read all these boards

Old 04-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Hsiang613 is infamous around these parts
what if i were to purchase a cayenne from wonton? could that be done? or do i have to go though a porsche dealer to get one?