Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Custom bypass pipes??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 08:45 PM
cayenned has a spectacular aura aboutcayenned has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Seattle996
Ok...so I went to a local welding/exhaust shop and they wouldn't touch it. Say its illegal to remove cats?? It seems true, but these are secondary cats. Does that make any difference? How did people get theirs on their car.., some must have installed them at a shop. And if so, how come they didn't bring that up?
Were you able to finally get the bypass pipes done?

Old 03-20-2008, 06:10 AM
ErikG is infamous around these parts
ErikG
How did those pipes work out?
Still waiting for them to show up, my wife ordered them, and they supposedly have been shipped. Seller has excellent ebay rating, but at the moment I'm not that impressed. When they show up I will report back on the install

Old 03-20-2008, 04:46 PM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute
Keep us in the works Erik.., I'm curious as well. I got an exhaust installed now.. so I'm not sure if the bypass would be too loud. But regardless, let me know.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:38 PM
stikystikyricky is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Seattle996
Keep us in the works Erik.., I'm curious as well. I got an exhaust installed now.. so I'm not sure if the bypass would be too loud. But regardless, let me know.

Hey im out here in Newcastle. I have an 05 S and im probably going to swing by a few shops tomorrow to see if someone can make them for me. I will let you know.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:55 AM
DEFILER is infamous around these parts
Most shops won't touch it unless performance oriented. The shops that won't, will probably ask you to tow the car in and tow the car out after completion (ie. track) Most muffler shops don't want the liability because it's a huge fine to them.

They don't care that you still have another set of cats. A cat is a cat to them.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:37 AM
stikystikyricky is infamous around these parts
Seattle996... Find a shop yet? I found one in Renton that will do it for $300. Pm me for more details

Old 02-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stikystikyricky
Seattle996... Find a shop yet? I found one in Renton that will do it for $300. Pm me for more details
I ended up purchasing a used set of Fabspeed Bypass pipes on the board here and had it installed at a local shop. The Cayenne NEEDS bypass pipes.. the sound is so much better than just an exhaust mod. I liked my magnaflows.. but w/ the bypass its killer. And in the car you just hear a rumble, not loud. Outside the car is another story,

Old 08-20-2010, 08:48 AM
Habanero is infamous around these parts
Sorry to raise the dead thread here...

I shipped my SuperSprint Muffler from my Cayenne over to the States as I was not using it. Installed it on my Touareg V8 in the states and had the resonators removed.. Sounds awesome!

Old 11-04-2010, 10:56 AM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
Question, I am just considering bypassing the muffler.........cat deletion is too raspy in my opinion.

What would the lack of mufflers sound be deeper and less raspy too???? nothing on youtube so far.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:32 AM
loveivs is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mlc.design
my tuner removed my cats

i heard out here in Jerz if a cop road side inspect your vehicle its a $50,000 fine and they impound the vehicle
The states are full of insanity
I think remove second cat should not be a problem. Any professional muffler shop can make bypass pipe by request. It's just a pipe.

I order mine with rear exhaust.

Last edited by loveivs; 11-05-2010 at 12:38 AM.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:07 AM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
I got some custom by-pass pipes installed for $150 along with hangers that use the factory mounts. Sound difference isn't as noticeable as people claim and as for power benefits, not that awesome either. Of course I can see how this might be better for a turbo model, I just have the S. When I did cat deletes in my WRX, I felt and heard immediate improvement.

Old 11-05-2010, 05:50 AM
CBRacerX is a splendid one to beholdCBRacerX is a splendid one to beholdCBRacerX is a splendid one to beholdCBRacerX is a splendid one to beholdCBRacerX is a splendid one to beholdCBRacerX is a splendid one to beholdCBRacerX is a splendid one to beholdCBRacerX is a splendid one to behold
Anyone have YouTube links for the sound from this mode?

Old 11-05-2010, 06:40 AM
loveivs is infamous around these parts
Check out "shark werks" website. I've seen some there.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:19 PM
RobsCountach is infamous around these parts
Legally, you're only required to have '1' Cat. Most companies use the 1st down the line ONLY because they need to get hot to work properly. The 1st Cat is only useless for 1 minute... after that, the 2nd down the line is hot.

Its stupid.

So, which are folks by-passing anyway ? 1st or 2nd down the line from the block ?

Old 11-05-2010, 07:22 PM
RobsCountach is infamous around these parts
Oops, I meant the 1st Cat is only USED for 1 minute !

Why can't we edit our own posts anyway ?

Originally Posted by RobsCountach
Legally, you're only required to have '1' Cat. Most companies use the 1st down the line ONLY because they need to get hot to work properly. The 1st Cat is only useless for 1 minute... after that, the 2nd down the line is hot.

Its stupid.

So, which are folks by-passing anyway ? 1st or 2nd down the line from the block ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Custom bypass pipes??