Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Custom bypass pipes??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 07:22 PM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
I did it and its just as good. Saved me about $400 bucks too!!

Old 11-05-2010, 07:54 PM
RobsCountach is infamous around these parts
Also, let us know 'who' they came from. I just went to eBay but couldn't find anything for the price you mentioned ?

I just can't see paying $500 for $50 worth of piping...

Originally Posted by ErikG
Still waiting for them to show up, my wife ordered them, and they supposedly have been shipped. Seller has excellent ebay rating, but at the moment I'm not that impressed. When they show up I will report back on the install

Old 11-07-2010, 12:31 AM
Lion1978 is infamous around these parts
Anybody install cat bypass on new cayenne s? I want to hear sound.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:35 PM
twinturbos is infamous around these parts
Wow! That looks like crap! You didn't connect the hangers, looks like they're gonna come off; you used another section of pipe for the bend; and your welds look awful! Why did you wanna do this yourself?

Old 11-10-2010, 07:34 PM
S-B-D is infamous around these partsS-B-D is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Seattle996
Ok...so I went to a local welding/exhaust shop and they wouldn't touch it. Say its illegal to remove cats?? It seems true, but these are secondary cats. Does that make any difference? How did people get theirs on their car.., some must have installed them at a shop. And if so, how come they didn't bring that up?
These cats are unrelated to emissions. They are there to smooth out the sound of the exhaust. There are no O2 sensors whatsoever realted to these cats. No sure why they are even called cats.

Old 11-10-2010, 07:44 PM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by twinturbos
Wow! That looks like crap! You didn't connect the hangers, looks like they're gonna come off; you used another section of pipe for the bend; and your welds look awful! Why did you wanna do this yourself?
HAHAHAHA UR so crazay!! You go spend your 600 dollars on two pieces of shiny chrome pipe and show it off to your friends!! Bling Bling!! The hangers are connected, don't know how you cant see that. As for the welds, who gives how purdy they are guy, I'm not entering it into a friggin beauty contest. THEY WORK!!

Old 11-10-2010, 08:08 PM
BLKPPR is infamous around these parts
Twin turbos, not to be an aXX here but your whopping 3rd post on this forum and you are slamming someone? I joined 2 months ago but know better than to go on to an internet forum and start criticizing people and their work. BTW, its a pipe under the car and he did weld in the hanger. It isn't going anywhere and no one will ever see it. Just saying.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:54 PM
twinturbos is infamous around these parts
Just being honest. A lot of times I see post after post where no one really has the guts to say they don't really like something. True, the pipes don't have to look nice. Good for you for making it work McGeyver style. Just be sure to keep the original cats and TRY to have a professional shop put them back on if you ever want to sell the car in the future.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:56 PM
spinny02 is infamous around these parts
Amen

Originally Posted by FastHackem
HAHAHAHA UR so crazay!! You go spend your 600 dollars on two pieces of shiny chrome pipe and show it off to your friends!! Bling Bling!! The hangers are connected, don't know how you cant see that. As for the welds, who gives how purdy they are guy, I'm not entering it into a friggin beauty contest. THEY WORK!!

Old 11-11-2010, 10:50 AM
signature65 is infamous around these parts
Just being honest. A lot of times I see post after post where no one really has the guts to say they don't really like something. True, the pipes don't have to look nice. Good for you for making it work McGeyver style. Just be sure to keep the original cats and TRY to have a professional shop put them back on if you ever want to sell the car in the future.

******! Try doing some work with your hands and actually creating something.

It always astounds me how we as Porsche people ostracize the guys who like to work on things themselves. Make our own projects and develop our own solutions. This is not the 80's anymore and the stereotype of porsche drivers has changed.....well most of us!

Ferdinand Porsche:
"I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself"

Old 11-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Thumbs up

Looks good to me. Pure function there.

MIG Welds look strong. No reason at all to have fancy pretty TIG welding under there. Good to see more *real* motorheads picking up Cayennes and not just the "look at what I spent" crowd.

I think it's silly that these things cost $800 aftermarket. I've bought super complicated headers for domestic stuff that cost much less than that. (Don't even get me started on tuning and steering wheels for these)

Originally Posted by FastHackem
I did it and its just as good. Saved me about $400 bucks too!!

Last edited by Cole; 11-11-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:22 PM
Sleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the rough
I agree with Cole those welds are not going to effect the performance one bit. Did the same mod on my 04 CS and sounded great. GL

It is pretty funny how the OPs name is fasthackem though lol

Last edited by Sleepy996; 11-12-2010 at 07:14 AM.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:56 PM
hulahula is infamous around these parts
+1 for the effort. No satisfaction when I had a shop do mine. If I could pull it off myself, I'd carry around a creeper to show off my handy-work.

Last edited by hulahula; 11-11-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:05 PM
RobsCountach is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

+ 1 ..

Originally Posted by cole
looks good to me. Pure function there.

Mig welds look strong. No reason at all to have fancy pretty tig welding under there. Good to see more *real* motorheads picking up cayennes and not just the "look at what i spent" crowd.

I think it's silly that these things cost $800 aftermarket. I've bought super complicated headers for domestic stuff that cost much less than that. (don't even get me started on tuning and steering wheels for these)

Old 11-12-2010, 06:40 AM
Matrix is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Cole
Looks good to me. Pure function there.

MIG Welds look strong. No reason at all to have fancy pretty TIG welding under there. Good to see more *real* motorheads picking up Cayennes and not just the "look at what I spent" crowd.

I think it's silly that these things cost $800 aftermarket. I've bought super complicated headers for domestic stuff that cost much less than that. (Don't even get me started on tuning and steering wheels for these)

I agree 100%, Bassani race headers + full exhaust cost me $1800 for my ford lightning. I give the OP rep for doing it himself and not giving into the high markup because you own a Porsche. The funny thing is that about 1 out of 100 Cayenne owners may buy something from these vendors due to the inflated price. If they started selling these mods for a realistic prices they would sell tons of them and make some real money.

Last edited by Matrix; 11-12-2010 at 06:44 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Custom bypass pipes??