Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Handling/suspension--GTS vs. Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 10:08 PM
Subbie is infamous around these parts
The car is standard Sand White and it was ordered from the factory with the Sport Design Package. I also have white guages on black and dark wood interior, the guages came out really well.

Thanx for the nice words. All the things I loved about the 04 are even better and more refined for 08.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Cannoli is infamous around these parts
Looks great Subbie ... I really like your choice of wheels too.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:37 AM
Pasman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Subbie
The car is standard Sand White and it was ordered from the factory with the Sport Design Package. I also have white guages on black and dark wood interior, the guages came out really well.

Thanx for the nice words. All the things I loved about the 04 are even better and more refined for 08.
Hi Subbie
Your Turbo looks stunning! You are right about the handling between the older cayennes and the new ones. I had a '04 "S" and just recently traded it in for a '08 GTS and the overall feel for the GTS is a much lighter nimbler car.

Paul

Attached Images  
Old 04-16-2008, 10:16 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Subbie what kind of exhaust mods did you do? My 08CTT comes in next month

Old 04-16-2008, 10:57 AM
I havnt done anything other than the lowering module and wheels, those are stock tips and exhaust. I personally didnt like the 'Sport Tips' from the factory. All my toys go to Sharkwerx, so we're in the process of deciding on exhaust and software. Both Alex and I are big on fit n finish and atm, unless things have changed, there arent many choices for the 08's. Since the CTT is my daily driver I want a great outside sound without in cabin resonance.

Originally Posted by eclou
Subbie what kind of exhaust mods did you do? My 08CTT comes in next month

Old 04-16-2008, 11:03 AM
Last time I was at my dealership they had a GTS outside. I asked them to start it, for a factory setup it sounded great! Enjoy your GTS you'll turn some heads with it.

This was the first time I got the same car back to back, CTT to CTT, I really enjoyed the first one. Porsche did a great job refining the feel of the car and got some of the bugs that were bothering me about the first generation.

Originally Posted by Pasman
Hi Subbie
Your Turbo looks stunning! You are right about the handling between the older cayennes and the new ones. I had a '04 "S" and just recently traded it in for a '08 GTS and the overall feel for the GTS is a much lighter nimbler car.

Paul

Old 04-17-2008, 01:15 AM
Pasman is infamous around these parts
You are right about the attention. I already had a guy in a 3 series BMW pull beside me and take some photos while I was driving!
Cheers!
Paul

Old 04-17-2008, 09:08 AM
copasetic222 is infamous around these parts
I had a '04 "S" and just recently traded it in for a '08 GTS and the overall feel for the GTS is a much lighter nimbler car.
So does the '08 Turbo have that same lighter, nimbler feeling as the GTS

Old 04-17-2008, 11:59 AM
Thats a really good question, and I dont know the answer. You'd certainly have to campare apples to apples, ie the CTT would need to have the same or close wheel size and possibly lowered to compare. I believe both have air supsension, other than that... ???

Originally Posted by copasetic222
So does the '08 Turbo have that same lighter, nimbler feeling as the GTS

Old 04-17-2008, 12:16 PM
Cj_boxster is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Cannoli
Spoke to my Porsche Salesman who came up the ranks through the Service Department. Mechanically, the 957 Cayenne GTS and the 957 Cayenne Turbo are the same, even with PDCC. However, the GTS does have different software that controls the suspension, throttle response, transmission shifting (Tiptronic), etc.

They (my Porsche dealership) has yet to look under the hood at the software. However, they are curious as most us and will be investigating the software differences.

Your wrong about the Transmission detail. On the TwinTurbo model you get a Tiptronic automatic transmission but on the GTS, you get a 6 speed MANUAL transmission... not tiptronic.
Plus, the GTS is a Naturally aspirated engine produces 405hp while the TwinTurbo produces 500hp so definitely not the same. Also the body styling is different... Not sure which i like the most yet but the GTS is looking pretty good!
GTS specs
http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/ca...ndetail/drive/
TwinTurbo specs
http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/ca...ndetail/drive/

Last edited by Cj_boxster; 04-17-2008 at 12:23 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:46 PM
Cannoli is infamous around these parts
CJ - I don't know if you've heard yet, but some, yes some, Cayenne GTS' are ordered with the tiptronic transmission and not the manual 6 speed - hard to believe, right?

I won't speak about Boxsters (I'm sure you've got that covered), but on Cayennes (955 and 957) there are various driving modes the vehicle can be set to, and yes, these modes (Comfort, Normal, Sport) do change the dynamics of the suspension.

And I see you've not considered what this thread is about ... handling and suspension differences between the two sub-models. What you are bringing to light is off topic. Feel free to start another thread to discuss the different specs between the Cayenne GTS and the 957 Cayenne Turbo. Better yet, why don't YOU go to a Porsche dealer and ask them what the difference is between the Cayenne GTS and the 957 Cayenne Turbo in handling and suspension.

Last edited by Cannoli; 04-17-2008 at 01:48 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:35 PM
Cj_boxster is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Cannoli
CJ - I don't know if you've heard yet, but some, yes some, Cayenne GTS' are ordered with the tiptronic transmission and not the manual 6 speed - hard to believe, right?

I won't speak about Boxsters (I'm sure you've got that covered), but on Cayennes (955 and 957) there are various driving modes the vehicle can be set to, and yes, these modes (Comfort, Normal, Sport) do change the dynamics of the suspension.

And I see you've not considered what this thread is about ... handling and suspension differences between the two sub-models. What you are bringing to light is off topic. Feel free to start another thread to discuss the different specs between the Cayenne GTS and the 957 Cayenne Turbo. Better yet, why don't YOU go to a Porsche dealer and ask them what the difference is between the Cayenne GTS and the 957 Cayenne Turbo in handling and suspension.
Ah your right, I did take the thread off topic by mentioning the HP differences, I went to the porsche website and played alittle with the Car Configure feature and seen the Auto trans is Availible for it. Ill gracefully bow-out of this one cause i can already tell your ready to sink your teeth into me with condescending attitude.