Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne GTS came in this week

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 08:22 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LaneS
Nice looking Cayenne. I love the GTS, check out the 5th gear video pitting it against the X5 if you haven't already.

We make a bunch of interior parts in carbon for the Cayenne if you like the look of carbon.
.....and some nice looking stuff too. I saw the pics of TK's Cayenne TT.

Old 05-04-2008, 10:25 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Looks awesome! How much costs the panoramic roof option?

Old 05-04-2008, 10:56 AM
alex@wheelexperts is infamous around these parts
great looking truck....

interior wise, it all depends on how crazy you want to get. I wouldnt do much else besides a TechArt steering wheel.

But it all depends on how crazy you want to get... haha...

Old 05-04-2008, 11:26 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Speedshaq
Looks awesome! How much costs the panoramic roof option?
It makes it feel like a convertible when its all the way open. Option listed for $3,900.

Old 05-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by alex@wheelexperts
great looking truck....

interior wise, it all depends on how crazy you want to get. I wouldnt do much else besides a TechArt steering wheel.

But it all depends on how crazy you want to get... haha...

We only want to get rid of the cheapo plasticy looking surfaces on the dash, pod, center stack and top of the door panels. It would be done in black to match the stock interior and nothing as wild as that second picture........

Could you make any suggestions? Do you think the stock parts would be cost prohibitive or should we look at customizing it.

Old 05-04-2008, 12:09 PM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chuck z
It makes it feel like a convertible when its all the way open. Option listed for $3,900.
Not bad at all considering that it transforms it into a true convertible

Old 05-04-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by Speedshaq
Not bad at all considering that it transforms it into a true convertible
Well, okay, maybe a modern day targa?

Old 05-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Banned
Cool

Well, okay, maybe a modern day targa?
Yep, even better!

Old 05-04-2008, 01:36 PM
alex@wheelexperts is infamous around these parts
We only want to get rid of the cheapo plasticy looking surfaces on the dash, pod, center stack and top of the door panels. It would be done in black to match the stock interior and nothing as wild as that second picture........

Could you make any suggestions? Do you think the stock parts would be cost prohibitive or should we look at customizing it.
PM sent..

Old 05-04-2008, 02:30 PM
mlc.design is infamous around these parts
congrats

i love it !

Old 05-04-2008, 02:48 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
We didn't order it per se, we had the dealer do a locate of Cayenne GTSs already built that was either already here, at port, on the boat or waiting for a boat. We had very specific criteria we had to have and anything additional was good. Only 2 here or inbound were black with a pano roof and had PDCC that also met the most of the other criteria. The dealer who was getting the other (in CA) wouldn't trade for it.

As for the pano roof, if you walked into a dealer right now you'd probably be told you cannot order a Cayenne with a pano roof. Evidently, their supplier is maxed out on the number they can build in any given year and cannot supply anymore for the forseeable future.
Wow I guess the pano roof option is a big hit. In Texas it seems to hot in the summer to do this but I am still considering it.

Looks amazing

Old 05-04-2008, 04:41 PM
lvrs is infamous around these parts
Sweet, congrats! Like that pano roof

Old 05-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by alex@wheelexperts
PM sent..
Hi Alex, thanks, I got your PM but I cannot respond since I only have 12 posts (need 15 to be able to respond to a PM?). Can I get just leather pieces for the dash, pod, center stack trim and door top trim from Techart?

Old 05-05-2008, 02:18 AM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
chuck,

is it fast?
which is better, '08 RR Sport S/C or '08 Cayenne GTS?
Cayenne is faster I presume?

Old 05-05-2008, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by Fantasma
chuck,

is it fast?
which is better, '08 RR Sport S/C or '08 Cayenne GTS?
Cayenne is faster I presume?
It's not CTT (had an 04 CTT) fast but will definitley will hold its own. Comparison between GTS and the RRSC? Both have good points and weak points. Since I am a fairly big guy (5'-17") I like the GTS as the RRSC has a fairly small drivers compartment. I hate the dash, pod, center stack and door top trim look in the GTS. It's a plasticy cheapo looking material. The RRSC is basically made of the same stuff I'm sure, it just doesn't look as bad. We're looking into doing leather on the offensive surfaces in the GTS. The GTS does feel faster and definitley sounds better. I like the styling of the GTS over the RRSC but that's personal opinion I know. The cup holders in the RRSC suck! They are probably too large for even the biggest jumbo drink from a fast food place and a bottle of water will fly out of them at the slightest turn! RRSC is a very well built vehicle has ~2200 miles and has been trouble free, we'll see on the GTS.......

BTW, the RRSC is for sale on eBay right now: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-Supercharged-Sport-Perfect-Rear-Ent-DVD-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ160236548479QQihZ006QQcategoryZ62 95QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne GTS came in this week