Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne GTS came in this week

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 07:42 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Cayenne GTS came in this week

We picked it up Thursday night, what an awesome truck! Haven't got to spend much time with it yet but the little bit I did get to drive it, I have to say it is quite impressive. What an exhaust note!!!

Here's the options list:

Cayenne GTS Tiptronic 9PA AL1
BASE Base Model Description
A1 Black
A1 Black
TR Standard Black Interior w/Alc
G0R Tiptronic S
PC3 Bi-Xenon Headlights with Washe
PF1 Porsche Communication Manageme
PK2 Frnt/Rear Seat Htr inc Str Whl
PO4 Light Comfort Package in combi
QR1 Compass Display
0AW Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control
0TD Floor Mats
1D6 Trailer Hitch without Hitch Ba
1N3 Variable Assist Power Steering
2D1 Enlarged Rear Spoiler
3FU Panoramic Roof System
3J7 Porsche Crest in Headrests
3X1 Ski Bag
3Y4 Roll-up Sunscreens on rear sid
7X2 Front and Rear Park Assist
9VL Bose Surround Sound System

Next week I'm going to get the windows tinted and have the black Techart Formula GTSs mounted.
Only compliant is the cheesey plasticy dash, pod, center stack and door caps. Hardly fitting for a $90k automobile! Any ideas/opinions about replacing with stock leather (probably pretty pricey) or getting the existing stuff covered?

Let me know your thoughts on the leather thing......

Last edited by LRDog; 09-02-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Banned
///M TECHNIK is infamous around these parts///M TECHNIK is infamous around these parts///M TECHNIK is infamous around these parts
Congrats!! Its beautiful.....love the aggressive stance/fenders of the new cayenne.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:54 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful car congrats!!

Old 05-03-2008, 08:22 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chuck z

Only compliant is the cheesey plasticy dash, pod, center stack and door caps. Hardly fitting for a $90k automobile! Any ideas/opinions about replacing with stock leather (probably pretty pricey) or getting the existing stuff covered?

Let me know your thoughts on the leather thing......
Do you mean the PCM? Is this a option to get this leather wrapped when you order? I am considering ordering the cayenne but not sure what color.

You like the panaramic roof? It looks like its allot of fun.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:29 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by globalm3
Do you mean the PCM? Is this a option to get this leather wrapped when you order? I am considering ordering the cayenne but not sure what color.

You like the panaramic roof? It looks like its allot of fun.
You would order the "full leather" interior option. We had very specific criteria and couldn't order on b/c you cannot (or at least a month ago you couldn't) order a pano roof. Pano, PDCC, crests and trailer hitch were some of the must have items. Were very few black GTSs equipped like we wanted, leather was one option we sacrificed to get the rest. The plastic looks really cheap!

The pano roof is ultimate cool! It feels like an open air car when its all the way open. Has 15 different settings to stop at b/f its all the way open. Has a shade that blocks light when you want to keep sun out. Highly recommend.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:36 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chuck z
We had very specific criteria and couldn't order on b/c you cannot (or at least a month ago you couldn't) order a pano roof. Pano, PDCC, crests and trailer hitch were some of the must have items.
I dont really understand. So you ordered or didnt get to order it or you cant order it that way?

tnx

EDIT: Beautiful car

Old 05-03-2008, 09:12 PM
NeverFastEnough is infamous around these parts
nice!!............Congrats on the new truck.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Former Vendor
LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !
Nice looking Cayenne. I love the GTS, check out the 5th gear video pitting it against the X5 if you haven't already.

We make a bunch of interior parts in carbon for the Cayenne if you like the look of carbon.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:33 PM
SoCal955 is infamous around these parts
CONGRATS and enjoy!!

Old 05-03-2008, 09:59 PM
eurospek is infamous around these parts
Perfection.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:45 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Congratulations, beautiful cayenne and I must say the panaromic roof is one of the best options on the cayenne.

Old 05-04-2008, 12:36 AM
Blazing is infamous around these parts
Congrats on your GTS

Old 05-04-2008, 12:48 AM
EnriqueCK is infamous around these parts
I know you're adding the Techarts', but I do think those wheels complement the GTS nicely. Congrats and enjoy in good health!

Old 05-04-2008, 08:17 AM
Originally Posted by globalm3
I dont really understand. So you ordered or didnt get to order it or you cant order it that way?

tnx

EDIT: Beautiful car
We didn't order it per se, we had the dealer do a locate of Cayenne GTSs already built that was either already here, at port, on the boat or waiting for a boat. We had very specific criteria we had to have and anything additional was good. Only 2 here or inbound were black with a pano roof and had PDCC that also met the most of the other criteria. The dealer who was getting the other (in CA) wouldn't trade for it.

As for the pano roof, if you walked into a dealer right now you'd probably be told you cannot order a Cayenne with a pano roof. Evidently, their supplier is maxed out on the number they can build in any given year and cannot supply anymore for the forseeable future.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by EnriqueCK
I know you're adding the Techarts', but I do think those wheels complement the GTS nicely. Congrats and enjoy in good health!
You're right, the stock wheels really fit the style of the Cayenne GTS nicely. Always loved black Techarts' on a blacked out Cayenne too. We are having the machined lip on the wheel painted red which should really compliment the calipers and the blacked out look.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne GTS came in this week