Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne GTS prices?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Ginuwine is infamous around these parts
Cayenne GTS prices?

hi everyone, im from vancouver canada, im absolutley in love with this forum, u guys are great, and the cars are just amazing So now I am ready to buy a cayenne gts, coming from a x5 4.6is, I was looking at the new x5's but the gts just look sooo darn nice. However reading these forums showed me how much discount us dealers are giving... 10-15grand? (correct me if im wrong plz). I am just wondering if anyone knows what kind of discount that canadian dealers are giving on new porsches? if its around 10-15 grand. I will probably have one in the next weeks thnx

Old 06-04-2008, 01:42 PM
mlc.design is infamous around these parts
i heard 3 or 4 grand off sticker

Old 06-04-2008, 02:01 PM
CatDog is infamous around these partsCatDog is infamous around these parts
why not just import it from the states?

You'll have the same warranty and save big

Old 06-04-2008, 02:23 PM
NeverFastEnough is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CatDog
why not just import it from the states?

You'll have the same warranty and save big
Are you sure about that? I have heard that many US Porsche dealers were instructed not to sell new vehicles to Canadians (but used is OK), so as not to p*** off the Canadian dealers. I do not think there are many (if any) "used" GTS's out there yet. There were also some rumours of not honouring US warranties in Canada (several car manufacturers do this, or apply a surcharge if a Canadian buys a US car new and expects service in Canada. Once again "used" is OK though).

If I were Ginuwine I would check first.

Last edited by NeverFastEnough; 06-04-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:17 PM
thnx for the quick replies guys, just wondering, during this time period, are the us dealers still giving the same kind of discount as yearend? or earlier within the year, also did any of the gts owners get such big discounts?

Old 06-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Pugman is infamous around these parts
IIRC, the really big discounts mentioned on this board were for 2006 CTTs left over after the redesigned 2008s came out. I can't imagine anyone getting $10-$15K off of a GTS--that would be below cost unless it was loaded with nearly every option.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:22 PM
NeverFastEnough is infamous around these parts
There might be discounts for the GTS but I would assume they are rare since it is a new, "high demand" (if you believe Porsche) vehicle. Even my dealership which is very small relative to many, has had a couple GTS's on the lot unsold, but admittedly not for long...no discounts.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:10 PM
MIGZ is infamous around these parts
just got one yesterday, $6,500 off sticker.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:20 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MIGZ
just got one yesterday, $6,500 off sticker.
Thats great...

Old 06-05-2008, 02:21 AM
hey guys, i checked today, I cannot buy a brand new us porsche, dealers wont allow it. I think im going down to local porsche dealer to see their prices, if not, i mite just get a full load x5 4.8i haha still a nice car tho

Old 06-05-2008, 02:34 AM
blkf430 has a spectacular aura aboutblkf430 has a spectacular aura about
sorry to jump in like this, but is the bodykit on the GTS, the same one that of the cayenne turbo?

Old 06-05-2008, 06:23 AM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
my guess is that it is 3% or 4%

Old 06-05-2008, 06:57 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by blkf430
sorry to jump in like this, but is the bodykit on the GTS, the same one that of the cayenne turbo?
You have to order 2D1 - Sportdesign Package (unique front and rear lower bumper covers, extended roof spoiler and rocker panel extensions) for $4,785 to get the look of the GTS for a turbo. If you want the same wheels as the GTS that's another $4,145.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:09 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cpa4S
my guess is that it is 3% or 4%
As we get closer to 09 production, those dealers with 08s will be discounting more. I got more than double your estimate over a month ago when we bought ours. I'm always hesitant about talking $ discounts b/c the less new buyers pay the less those of us that have a CGTS the less they are all going to be worth on resale. Besides, people should be competent enough to do some research on their own to figure out where the market is. Look on the internet, call a few dealers...... I don't necessarily do all the work to help someone else get a better discount?

Old 06-05-2008, 10:02 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
The local Vancouver Porsche dealer is known to not give any discount, and I doubt that there will be a free 08 GTS in showroom for purchase unless someone back out of their order. I bought 2 new Porsches from this dealer and still could not get any discount for my new CTT, so I got mine in Victoria. Send me a PM if you want to talk.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne GTS prices?