Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Who has cat-bypass exhaust for 08 GTS ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 12:39 PM
Pasman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jeremy@Fabspeed
They were supposed to be $680.00 when we released them, but somehow all our price sheets and webpage stated $625.00.
If you would like to oreder these today give me a call and ask for me. I will honor the price of $625.00 for you
Thanks Jeremy, much appreciated!!
Just ordered them and I'll let you know how everything goes.

Paul

Old 07-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
They are packed up and sitting in shipping/recieving waiting for FedEx to pick up!! Let me know how afetr you install them

Originally Posted by Pasman
Thanks Jeremy, much appreciated!!
Just ordered them and I'll let you know how everything goes.

Paul

Old 07-16-2008, 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by Jeremy@Fabspeed
They are packed up and sitting in shipping/recieving waiting for FedEx to pick up!! Let me know how afetr you install them
Holy crap Jeremy

They sound awesome! My neighbors are going to love me!

Installation was pretty simple once you take the cross brace off.
I have no idea how you can get to those bolts otherwise?

Thanks again!

Old 07-17-2008, 03:17 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
I was going to call Jay, but just realized east coast time, closed 17 minutes ago.
Had some questions on the ECU flash for GTS auto.
I'll wait till tomorrow. I have some contacts asking around for me for modding.....
And sound clips of those????

Old 07-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Hedge-Hog is infamous around these parts
OK...what's the dang trick to remove the upper nut from the passenger side pipe? I've removed the undertray for better access and every nut/bolt except that one. Flexing the pipe down doesn't clear it (I'm using a flex-head gear wrench). I tried to undo the cross brace but that thing holds up the tranny/center diff! What am I doing wrong?

TIA!

-one frustrated hedgehog

Old 07-19-2008, 11:48 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hedge-Hog
OK...what's the dang trick to remove the upper nut from the passenger side pipe? I've removed the undertray for better access and every nut/bolt except that one. Flexing the pipe down doesn't clear it (I'm using a flex-head gear wrench). I tried to undo the cross brace but that thing holds up the tranny/center diff! What am I doing wrong?

TIA!

-one frustrated hedgehog
I used a very small socket and an open end wrench. It's very slow going and the hardest to get at.

Old 07-19-2008, 10:27 PM
I put a bucket of paint sealer and some old college books to hold the tranny
up, then took the two horizontal bolts off that hold the transmition in place. They go through the flexible rubber piece, then the cross bar comes right off after
you remove the bolts that hold on the secondary cats that your removing. I had the truck on ramps and set it too the highest air suspension setting.

Once that cross piece is off, then you have easy access to all the bolts using the flex pipe.

Very low tech way, but I tried to do it without removing the cross brace and found that there was no way that I could do it.

Old 07-19-2008, 11:13 PM
Hedge-Hog is infamous around these parts
Thx for the responses!

I did it nice and slow per ChuckZ's suggestion. Finally got it off...my neck is so sore from supporting my noggin 3" below a 5500lbs object. When I first took the bolts off the cross brace (not the one on the chassis but the one on the diff/tranny), I didn't think and the tranny dropped almost onto my face! Wow, almost got a Darwin Award. Anyhoo, it took me forever to jack up the tranny and reinstall the bolts. After that, I decided to leave the brace intact. I used a flex-head gear wrench and slowly worked the nut off the wrench. Removal was the biggest PITA but installation was a lot simpler. Hardest part was holding the pipes in the proper position while snugging the bolts back on. Took me about 4 hrs to do...although the satisfaction of DIY is high, next time I'd let a pro do it.

But the great thing is, when the car fired up...WOWEEE. Nice gutteral growl. Car is not too loud so the missus isn't complaining (like she does with my RX-7). Normal cruise is more audible but not obnoxious. Sport Mode brings it to life...especially on take-off. Nice V8 roar and bark.

Thanks again for the tips...and major thanks to Fabspeed for this product.

Cheerios!

-H

Old 07-20-2008, 01:25 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hedge-Hog
Thx for the responses!

I did it nice and slow per ChuckZ's suggestion. Finally got it off...my neck is so sore from supporting my noggin 3" below a 5500lbs object. When I first took the bolts off the cross brace (not the one on the chassis but the one on the diff/tranny), I didn't think and the tranny dropped almost onto my face! Wow, almost got a Darwin Award. Anyhoo, it took me forever to jack up the tranny and reinstall the bolts. After that, I decided to leave the brace intact. I used a flex-head gear wrench and slowly worked the nut off the wrench. Removal was the biggest PITA but installation was a lot simpler. Hardest part was holding the pipes in the proper position while snugging the bolts back on. Took me about 4 hrs to do...although the satisfaction of DIY is high, next time I'd let a pro do it.

But the great thing is, when the car fired up...WOWEEE. Nice gutteral growl. Car is not too loud so the missus isn't complaining (like she does with my RX-7). Normal cruise is more audible but not obnoxious. Sport Mode brings it to life...especially on take-off. Nice V8 roar and bark.

Thanks again for the tips...and major thanks to Fabspeed for this product.

Cheerios!

-H
Wow! Glad you didn't get hurt! Good story, aren't they great!

Old 07-21-2008, 05:33 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
There are sound clips on the first page of this thread. If you have any questions about the bypass pipes or ECU flash please feel free to contact me.

Originally Posted by Jace
I was going to call Jay, but just realized east coast time, closed 17 minutes ago.
Had some questions on the ECU flash for GTS auto.
I'll wait till tomorrow. I have some contacts asking around for me for modding.....
And sound clips of those????

Old 07-31-2008, 11:59 AM
I posted this right after installing the bypass pipes and in another thread posted that by disconnecting the vacuum lines to the rear muffler seem to solve the flat spot/go quiet issue?

Originally Posted by chuck z
Just got back from a test drive after installation. EVERYBODY needs a set of these to hear that wonderful V8 better! Super easy install (of course I have a lift that really helps). There is not much difference in sound at idle but when you are into the throttle they really sign. Just like the vid Jeremy posted. There seems to be a flat spot where they go quiet (at least from the drivers seat they seem to go quiet) at about 3400 rpm through ~4000 and after you hit 4k rpms they realy bark!!! A marked improvement no doubt. Highly recommend this piece, this was my first interaction with the guys at Fabspeed and in spite of a small blip (which they handled top notch) I highly recommend them too!
Originally Posted by chuck z
Disconnected both vacuum lines (there is one on each side of the rear muffler), put screws in each and then took it for an extended test ride. Not one time did it "go quiet" at any point through the rev range. Perhaps the bypass pipes somehow mess with the vacuum flappy whatever? ...or perhaps its messing with me and after I say this it will go quiet every time?

Old 07-31-2008, 01:56 PM
grant6923 is infamous around these parts
but does that mean that it is always loud all the time then? ??? Even when the sport button is NOT ON

Old 07-31-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by grant6923
but does that mean that it is always loud all the time then? ??? Even when the sport button is NOT ON
Yes. Even with the bypass it's not obnoxiously loud. I always drove with the sport button pushed cause I like to hear it a little bit.