Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Who has cat-bypass exhaust for 08 GTS ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 10:36 PM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by fredttx50
Startup non-sport mode, then sport mode (you immediately here difference).
And what a big difference there is...

Old 07-05-2008, 12:24 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Just got back from a test drive after installation. EVERYBODY needs a set of these to hear that wonderful V8 better! Super easy install (of course I have a lift that really helps). There is not much difference in sound at idle but when you are into the throttle they really sign. Just like the vid Jeremy posted. There seems to be a flat spot where they go quiet (at least from the drivers seat they seem to go quiet) at about 3400 rpm through ~4000 and after you hit 4k rpms they realy bark!!! A marked improvement no doubt. Highly recommend this piece, this was my first interaction with the guys at Fabspeed and in spite of a small blip (which they handled top notch) I highly recommend them too!

Old 07-06-2008, 10:01 AM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
are you feeling any of it in the pedal?

what about sticking on those BMC air filters as well.

can they be too loud!

Old 07-06-2008, 10:37 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cpa4S
are you feeling any of it in the pedal?

what about sticking on those BMC air filters as well.

can they be too loud!
Honestly, I haven't driven it enough to answer your first question. I don't really expect to be able to feel 12 bhp though. I'll get back to you on that one.

I'm a little hesitant on the BMC filters for three reasons. First is oil getting on the wire in the MAF and second I'm unsure if it would/could affect the warranty since it is intake to the motor and not exhaust. And last like you say they're make noise, I'd rather hear exhaust. Just my opinions and they may be totally unfounded

Last edited by LRDog; 07-06-2008 at 10:46 AM.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:53 AM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Bypass pipes sound tinny when cold, but better when the GTS warms up...but I do feel less pedal resistance when revving into higher rpm's. Gotta do some more driving.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:25 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
thats my favorite sounding v8 besides a ferrari v8.

Old 07-06-2008, 08:21 PM
mlc.design is infamous around these parts
Sounds ridiculous man !

Old 07-07-2008, 07:54 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Awesome.... I am glad everything worked out for you. Thank you for all your kind words! You are a great guy

Originally Posted by chuck z
Just got back from a test drive after installation. EVERYBODY needs a set of these to hear that wonderful V8 better! Super easy install (of course I have a lift that really helps). There is not much difference in sound at idle but when you are into the throttle they really sign. Just like the vid Jeremy posted. There seems to be a flat spot where they go quiet (at least from the drivers seat they seem to go quiet) at about 3400 rpm through ~4000 and after you hit 4k rpms they realy bark!!! A marked improvement no doubt. Highly recommend this piece, this was my first interaction with the guys at Fabspeed and in spite of a small blip (which they handled top notch) I highly recommend them too!

Old 07-07-2008, 11:24 AM
Hedge-Hog is infamous around these parts
Thx for all the vids, guys! It convinced me enough so I just ordered them. Can't wait. Thx for making these, Jeremy.

Last edited by Hedge-Hog; 07-07-2008 at 11:26 AM. Reason: fixed spelling
Old 07-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
It was great speaking with you today, and thanks again for your order! They are packed up and waitin in the shipping dept. for the FedEx man! Let us know what you think after you get them installed.

Originally Posted by Hedge-Hog
Thx for all the vids, guys! It convinced me enough so I just ordered them. Can't wait. Thx for making these, Jeremy.

Old 07-07-2008, 07:41 PM
younggli is infamous around these parts
how about v6?

Old 07-08-2008, 03:20 AM
stealthTT is infamous around these partsstealthTT is infamous around these parts
regards from Romania and thanks to Joey from Fabspeed. your products are quality products, all I can say is that they have fitt better than the OEM cats, manual TIG welded and mandrel done = very nice fittment and quality.
So for those with 955 CS wondering how these will work: you'll get a better throtle respond, the car remains quiet until almost 4k rpm, so if you dont rev hard you will receive just a smooth sound out of the engine, but the stock catback the sound is a little raspy for me after 4k as I have stated, maybe my catback doesnt work that well but the next thing to do will be to go with the catback. If I have to do it again? yes I will, its a must!!
thanks Fabspeed!!!

Ilie.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:25 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by younggli
how about v6?
Yes we have 2ndary catbypass pipes for V6 vehicles in stock and ready to ship.
Fabspeed Motorsports Porsche Cayenne V6 Secondary Catbypass Pipes 2008+

We also have V6 catbypass pipes available for earlier model years.
http://www.fabspeed.com/cayenne.html

Old 07-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Pasman is infamous around these parts
Thinking about pulling the trigger on a set of these.
A quick question to those who have installed them...

1. How easy are they to install? 1 hour job with some loosening/tightening of bolts
or an afternoon of wrenching. Is there some welding involved?

2. What percentage wise are they louder than the original pipes? Just wondering if they
will be obnoxious or not

3. Is the extra horsepower noticable?

Thanks in advance and Cheers!!
Paul

Old 07-08-2008, 11:01 AM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Pasman
Thinking about pulling the trigger on a set of these.
A quick question to those who have installed them...

1. How easy are they to install? 1 hour job with some loosening/tightening of bolts
or an afternoon of wrenching. Is there some welding involved?

2. What percentage wise are they louder than the original pipes? Just wondering if they
will be obnoxious or not

3. Is the extra horsepower noticable?

Thanks in advance and Cheers!!
Paul
I can answer one for you

1. They are a ***** to instal but if you know what to do I would say its about a 3 hour job max.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who has cat-bypass exhaust for 08 GTS ?