Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Who has cat-bypass exhaust for 08 GTS ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 11:11 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by globalm3
I can answer one for you

1. They are a ***** to instal but if you know what to do I would say its about a 3 hour job max.
The only difficult part for me was the top bolt on each side flange as it is pretty tight up in there so access is to losen it up is tough. Lot easier on the bypass install b/c w/o the cat there is much more room. I would imagine that it you do not have a lift in your garage it would make it more a PITA than difficult. Thankfully I have one so overall I'd have to say it was a pretty easy job for me.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:13 AM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chuck z
The only difficult part for me was the top bolt on each side flange as it is pretty tight up in there so access is to losen it up is tough. Lot easier on the bypass install b/c w/o the cat there is much more room. I would imagine that it you do not have a lift in your garage it would make it more a PITA than difficult. Thankfully I have one so overall I'd have to say it was a pretty easy job for me.
Exactly that was a *****!!! Get a small wrench if you can to get it in there will help allot. If you can master this shouldnt take you but 1.5 hours.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:14 AM
Hedge-Hog is infamous around these parts
Holy heck....so much for "2-day" international...got them already! Gotta love the USD/CAD parity for us Canucks.

Hopefully, it's a simple swap...I've swapped catbacks and mid-pipes but all of those are flange-to-flange connections.

Thx again! Cheers.

Originally Posted by Jeremy@Fabspeed
It was great speaking with you today, and thanks again for your order! They are packed up and waitin in the shipping dept. for the FedEx man! Let us know what you think after you get them installed.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:39 AM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
took me an hour to do it. the flex pipe flexes, so if you bend it down wards, the top bold is accessible

Old 07-08-2008, 11:49 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by drjoe
took me an hour to do it. the flex pipe flexes, so if you bend it down wards, the top bold is accessible
Did you take the undertray and the support for the undertray off too? I could probably do the second one in ~1.5-2 hours as its always easier after you have things figured out. I tried to flex the cat pipe to get access but unless you removed the large cross member I couldn't move it enough to make a diff.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:32 PM
grant6923 is infamous around these parts
took me maybe an hour at MOST! to install! VERY easy if you pull down on the "flex pipe"

Old 07-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Wow, you guys are quick; probably faster than the pros? .....it did take me a while to get it up on the lift, the GTS is so wide the track was almost wider than my ramps.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:44 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Did you take the undertray and the support for the undertray off too? I could probably do the second one in ~1.5-2 hours as its always easier after you have things figured out. I tried to flex the cat pipe to get access but unless you removed the large cross member I couldn't move it enough to make a diff.
yea chuck, you have to unbolt the cross member..

Old 07-09-2008, 12:34 AM
Hedge-Hog is infamous around these parts
Not sure if it's ok to cross-post but found a page describing the procedure: http://www.turbo911.com/showthread.php?t=293 I envy you guys with hoists.

Old 07-09-2008, 06:52 AM
Originally Posted by drjoe
yea chuck, you have to unbolt the cross member..
not trying to be a pita but are you talking about the small cross member that the undertray bolts to or this one?

Last edited by LRDog; 07-09-2008 at 06:59 AM.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:32 AM
stealthTT is infamous around these partsstealthTT is infamous around these parts
not trying to be a pita but are you talking about the small cross member that the undertray bolts to or this one?
I have completely removed it, and then it was piece of cake; I couldnt see how else I could benefit from the flex section (this one does flex a lot ). you have there 6 bolts, and I had put "something"(dont know how its called - see pictures) to mantain the same level on the gearbox, then it was very easy. gl.
some phone pictures, and it took us about 1 -1 1/2 hours to do it.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:42 AM
That's kinda what I thought. I left that cross member in place which made it flex very little and tight to get to the top bolt on each side. Thanks for the clarification pictures.

Originally Posted by stealthTT
I have completely removed it, and then it was piece of cake; I couldnt see how else I could benefit from the flex section (this one does flex a lot ). you have there 6 bolts, and I had put "something"(dont know how its called - see pictures) to mantain the same level on the gearbox, then it was very easy. gl.
some phone pictures, and it took us about 1 -1 1/2 hours to do it.

Last edited by LRDog; 07-09-2008 at 09:45 AM. Reason: removed the pictures
Old 07-09-2008, 07:48 AM
stealthTT is infamous around these partsstealthTT is infamous around these parts
generaly speaking, when I think of bolts on exhausts - they will not open, even if you will use spray, or anything that comes to mind. that is why I've been anxious when I've seen the top ones. too high, too little space to use a big wrench or a pneumatic tool.
good luck with everything and let us know how it is with them.
GL.
Ilie

Old 07-09-2008, 10:58 AM
Pasman is infamous around these parts
Thanks for all the imput. Now I have the hammer cocked and putting pressure on the trigger...lol

Any performance benefits other than a louder exhaust? And is it so loud
that I will be cursed at like some of the Harley riders out there.
There is loud and then there is LOUD.

Thanks again and cheers!!
Paul

Old 07-09-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Pasman
Thanks for all the imput. Now I have the hammer cocked and putting pressure on the trigger...lol

Any performance benefits other than a louder exhaust? And is it so loud
that I will be cursed at like some of the Harley riders out there.
There is loud and then there is LOUD.

Thanks again and cheers!!
Paul
It's not that loud, in my opinion I could stand it a bitter louder even still....

Jeremy posted a dyno chart that shows 11bhp and 12 ft-lbs of torque.

Go for it. Bam!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who has cat-bypass exhaust for 08 GTS ?