Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

PDCC vs no PDCC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 07:14 AM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
PDCC vs no PDCC

i have had my PDCC'd turbo for 5 months now and have also had the chance to spend 3 days driving the non-PDCC'd GTS. these comments are my opinion only and probably impacted somewhat by the fact that i would never get an SUV without air-suspension which is required option for PDCC:

bottom line is that if i was ordering a Cayenne i think i would never order it without PDCC; this is probably regardless of the model . the incremental price is on the residual if you lease and if you buy it, well, it should be raise the used sale value. it is safe to say, that you would never "regret" getting the PDCC.

TURBO - if you can't order for whatever reason, i don't think i would get a turbo w/o the PDCC. that whole turbo, jet warp experience needs the PDCC. i have let a client use mine for the last 2 days - he has had a totally loaded 2004 CTT since new and he is completley blown by my machine.

GTS - wouldn't order w/o PDCC. if you aren't/can't order because it just is there, it is not a deal breaker in this car because of the rest of the car. the seats are awsome at compensating for the bop and roll. the roll on smooth driving input is nominal enough and with the GTS imo adds to the overall "throw it into a corner" thing. the 21's that are standard with the GTS are pretty sticky and really are a steal as standard on that car. in the winter with 18's and snows, it will likely bop around more, but hey, it is winter and you need to adjust for conditions! i think that after dring the non-PDCC'd GTS for a few months, i will likely not notice what i am missing 70% of the time. my conclusion is based on that idea/feeling.

V6 - if $ are not an issue then no doubt would order. it adds to the smoothness that you would get from the V6 givin it's reduced HP. if i got a V6 for the spouse, again i would air suspension it as always, but i would not PDCC hers.

final comment is that imo PCNA should be disgraced at how little their own team knows about PDCC or has experienced the technical option. the level of indiference that i have seen at Canadian dealers and read about regarding US dealers is just really disappointing.

Last edited by Cpa4S; 06-13-2008 at 07:21 AM.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:46 AM
Subbie is infamous around these parts
I completely agree with you based on my experience with an 04 (without) to an 08 CTT (with). Now if Porsche would give an option to NOT have the heavy off road stuff we'd be there.

Old 06-13-2008, 12:01 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
To me there is no point to buying a Cayenne without PDCC.

Old 06-13-2008, 12:18 PM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eclou
I second that.

Old 06-13-2008, 12:40 PM
LAbull is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Speedshaq
I second that.
Now I have to go find one with PDCC and test drive before order goes in.

Old 06-13-2008, 02:23 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by eclou
i think there are a few more aspects and dimensions to the Cayenne then just PDCC.

Old 06-13-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by LAbull
Now I have to go find one with PDCC and test drive before order goes in.
if you have time to change your order LA, then stop listening to the sales person who probably has never really used PDCC themselves. as i mention, if you get it, you will never kick yourself that you did get it.

i am not ordering so will get my manual GTS w/o PDCC; that is what's there and i am more then happy with my decision.

Old 06-13-2008, 02:52 PM
LAbull is infamous around these parts
Orders have not gone in because official pricing is not out yet unless that happened today.

I know I loved the way the GTS drove everytime I took it out.........

We'll see if I have time next week.