Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Parking brake light stays lit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 04:58 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Parking brake light stays lit

I had an issue with the parking brake light staying on last night. I pushed the brake back in several times thinking it would pop the brake out 'just a little more' and trigger the light to turn off but it didn't work. The light stayed on and it beeped at me the whole ride home (only about a mile). This morning the light was off and all has been well so far. Any ideas or similar problems?

Old 06-17-2008, 05:36 PM
atlshaver has a spectacular aura aboutatlshaver has a spectacular aura about
Try to reach down while you pull the release and see if it will come up anymore. If so, you need a new "return shock" or whatever it would be called. Mine was replaced under warranty as it was getting weak (along with the rear gate shocks).

Old 06-17-2008, 07:58 PM
BobbySpeed is infamous around these partsBobbySpeed is infamous around these parts
This is the one problem I have. The solution is simple- lift the parking brake pedal up a little and it will shut off.
When I get some free time I'll get under there and fix it myself

Old 06-17-2008, 08:14 PM
montyb1990 is infamous around these parts
ya, it happened to me once, just use your foot (or hand) to pull it towards you a little bit more... it seemed to just get a little stuck and not fully fully release... hope that helps...

Old 06-17-2008, 09:23 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Thanks all. I'm suspecting that my tailgate should open a bit more as well. I'm only 5'8" and I can hit my head on the end of the tailgate.

Old 06-17-2008, 11:25 PM
mlc.design is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SeattleBum
Thanks all. I'm suspecting that my tailgate should open a bit more as well. I'm only 5'8" and I can hit my head on the end of the tailgate.
there was a recall on those hinges

Old 06-18-2008, 06:01 PM
wilfred is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SeattleBum
I had an issue with the parking brake light staying on last night. I pushed the brake back in several times thinking it would pop the brake out 'just a little more' and trigger the light to turn off but it didn't work. The light stayed on and it beeped at me the whole ride home (only about a mile). This morning the light was off and all has been well so far. Any ideas or similar problems?
I have an 06 Titantium, mine was coming on going over railroad tracks and stuff... Told my service advisor and right away he said the assembly needed to be replaced. Which was all under warranty.

I just looked up the receipt and the part no. is 955-423-052-06