Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cabin smell :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 10:26 AM
mlc.design is infamous around these parts
Cabin smell :(

Hey all

I have a strange odor coming from the AC of my cayenne

it has 28,646 miles on it and has a odd odor...could this be a filter needing replacement?

Shouldn't the dealer do this on normal check ups?

Thanks MLC

Old 06-24-2008, 10:40 AM
wantone is infamous around these parts
This is a common problem with all cars whose owners constantly use A/C. What drivers should do is right before turning off the car they should shut off the A/C and switch to FAN mode. What is happening is this, A/C creates condensation. When cars are immediately switched off, the condensation slides backwards down the vents, hoses, pumps and mildew then builds. For this reason before you turn off your car, switch the A/C off, then let the vents run for a few minutes in FAN mode which helps dry out the vents where A/C condensation may accumulate. This takes out 90% of the funky odor. As for your problem now, you will need to replace all your hoses.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:42 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mlc.design
Hey all

I have a strange odor coming from the AC of my cayenne

it has 28,646 miles on it and has a odd odor...could this be a filter needing replacement?

Shouldn't the dealer do this on normal check ups?

Thanks MLC
I'm sure it's a filter problem, it needs to be changed or cleaned. And yes, on normal checks the dealer should verify this...

Old 06-24-2008, 10:46 AM
mattjtaylor50 is infamous around these parts
smell definitely from old cabin filter.
i have same problem with benz and need to change it!

it should be part of service but i am not sure at what miles
it looks like a simple DIY, do a search, but it sits under passengers foot well

Old 06-24-2008, 01:47 PM
CaptPegLeg is infamous around these parts
There is a spray available that is supposed to neutralize the odor and I guess the mildew that can grow in the ac system. I think I have a can but never have used it so I don't know how effective it is.

Old 06-24-2008, 02:31 PM
EMart is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CaptPegLeg
There is a spray available that is supposed to neutralize the odor and I guess the mildew that can grow in the ac system. I think I have a can but never have used it so I don't know how effective it is.
Einszett Klima-Cleaner

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...Cleaner/Detail
or
http://www.detailersdomain.com/index...PROD&ProdID=41

Last edited by EMart; 06-24-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:18 PM
Thanks Fellas

Old 06-24-2008, 08:18 PM
TT Turbo 22 is infamous around these parts
I actually had this same exact problem with my car when I had around 30K miles. I just never really cared enough to do about it. But after a while and with one person saying some to me about it I decided to bring it to the dealer. What they ended up doing was just replacing the Air Filter and some Pollen Filter and it was fixed. The AC hasn't smelled bad at all ever since. Definitely bring it in... no need to drive a $100K+ vehicle and have it smell.

Best.

TT

Old 06-24-2008, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by TT Turbo 22
I actually had this same exact problem with my car when I had around 30K miles. I just never really cared enough to do about it. But after a while and with one person saying some to me about it I decided to bring it to the dealer. What they ended up doing was just replacing the Air Filter and some Pollen Filter and it was fixed. The AC hasn't smelled bad at all ever since. Definitely bring it in... no need to drive a $100K+ vehicle and have it smell.

Best.

TT

How much was it

Old 06-24-2008, 11:10 PM
TT Turbo 22 is infamous around these parts
How much was it
I cannot recall off the top of my head but I do not believe it was much more than 40 or so dollars. If I get a chance to stop at the dealer tomorrow I will ask for you.

Best.

TT

Old 06-25-2008, 12:07 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CaptPegLeg
It works well, i know from experience; but if you go to your dealer it will change the whole filter.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:43 PM
I am going in today 8 am for service center console needs replacement and i will ask about the air filters

Keep you posted

thnx
mlc

Old 06-26-2008, 01:27 AM
Banned
I am going in today 8 am for service center console needs replacement and i will ask about the air filters

Keep you posted

thnx
mlc
We wait updates then.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:14 AM
stealthTT is infamous around these partsstealthTT is infamous around these parts
I did it yesterday. same problem here. went to the dealer, and changed the cabin filter and still having bad smell. then I used 2 AC cleaning sprays, from Wurth. it is not so difficult to do it by yourself, you need to pull out the cabin filter, start the ventilation on recirculation mode then start spraying in the filter box, so that all the spray will go into it. those sprays have long hoses, so that you can insert them inside as longer as possible. also, the second thing is to insert them directly into the dashboard air ducting, and only after you have inserted them completely you will have to spray them and start pulling it out while spraying, so that you will cover all the inside surface of the tubes.

hope that will help.
gl

Old 06-26-2008, 08:48 PM
All FIXED

air filter and pollen filter replaced Free of charge

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cabin smell :(