Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

best lowering module opinions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 07:19 PM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mattjtaylor50
i have noticed the bumpiness at this level as well. i am also running 22's. i have heard no issues about ride quality from any of the lowering modules. although the car is riding on the same shock it must adjust pressure in them or something. i will likely purchase a module at a later date. but have other priorities in the near term; winter rims/tires & bypass exhaust
I'm wondering that as well. Does ANYONE know the answere to that? What is EXACTLY the difference between my cheap lowering arms VS you guys with the electronic module? Could someone explain, I would like to know if it makes sense to swap out for one.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:53 AM
DynamicMotoring is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Seattle996
I'm wondering that as well. Does ANYONE know the answere to that? What is EXACTLY the difference between my cheap lowering arms VS you guys with the electronic module? Could someone explain, I would like to know if it makes sense to swap out for one.

The lowering links basically compress the air shocks more, which causes higher cylinder pressures(think lowering spring effect) whereas the lowering module drops cylinder pressure (shortens cylinders) and gives a lower ride height.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:11 AM
mattjtaylor50 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DynamicMotoring
The lowering links basically compress the air shocks more, which causes higher cylinder pressures(think lowering spring effect) whereas the lowering module drops cylinder pressure (shortens cylinders) and gives a lower ride height.
i will definitely swap out my links for a module in the future but just spent a bunch of cash on some new tech art 22" wheels.

does anyone know if the adjustable links will cause damage to the current shocks due to the increased pressure/bumpiness?

Old 07-16-2008, 11:15 AM
atlshaver has a spectacular aura aboutatlshaver has a spectacular aura about
It is my understanding that it will decrease the life but I do not have any firsthand experience.

Old 07-16-2008, 04:33 PM
analogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of light
All the kits should really do the same thing - just get the computer to run the car at a lower ride height. The air suspension is what it is - at normal ride height it's fine but you will hit the bump stops more the more you lower it.

You can lower it for free if you know someone with a VAG COM programmer, you just change the stored numbers for each corner's ride height. Not sure why people are paying for these kits or arms when you can do it for free. Maybe the Porsche can't use the programmer, only the VW?

Last edited by analogmike; 07-16-2008 at 04:36 PM.