Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

best lowering module opinions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 04:31 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
best lowering module opinions

which is the best lowering module that will work with the already air suspension.
Pros/'cons for each out there and which do you feel is the best?

Old 07-13-2008, 04:54 PM
atlshaver has a spectacular aura aboutatlshaver has a spectacular aura about
My only experience is with what I have - FVD. Operationally I am very pleased with the operation and the ability to fine tune the settings. Also, FVD customer service has always been very good to me.

Last edited by atlshaver; 07-13-2008 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:59 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
what does it do exactly? is there any altered ride comfort?

Old 07-13-2008, 05:40 PM
No change in ride comfort. It simply lowers the drive height over the range of settings. The lowest setting is flat out all of the way down and full height is the same as stock. All of the settings in between the two extremes are just modified.

Old 07-13-2008, 05:44 PM
and you are able to drive in any of these settings?
Unlike the stock, where you cannot drive in the "lowest" or the "highest".
correct?

Old 07-13-2008, 05:51 PM
You cannot drive in the lowest loading setting but that one is totally down on the bump stops, literally.

Old 07-13-2008, 09:10 PM
inflbkballa is infamous around these parts
I have the TechArt ELM. Options are the same as the FVD, in fact I believe all of the ELM's are basically the same. I have 22's and have no problems driving around in the lowest setting, I didn't notice any difference in ride quality, but I only test drove a few turbo's without it before purchasing mine already equipped with the unit.

Old 07-14-2008, 09:16 AM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
I have a TechArt unit as well. Came with my Turbo. Lets me drive in the lowest setting (above the "Loading Level" setting). No complaints. It even drops the CTT down to the "Loading" setting when you exit and lock the vehicle (just for looks, I think).

Old 07-14-2008, 12:36 PM
ammo_collector is infamous around these parts
I also have the TechArt. No complaints. Also, when visiting the dealer, literally takes me 30 seconds to reinstall the OEM unit.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Precision is infamous around these parts
I was told by techart that for the GTS it really doesn't lower that much more for driving, only when you stop and park. Anyone else have experience with this.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:28 PM
alex@wheelexperts is infamous around these parts
We had the TechArt Lowering Module on our Project CTT and loved it. It was a perfect drop.

The cool feature is that it lowers to loading level when you lock your doors and walk away.

PM me for special pricing

Old 07-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Filin is infamous around these parts
I have installed lowering arms from http://www.adjustableairride.com/
lowered 30mms from the stock low setting

Attached Images  
Old 07-14-2008, 11:59 PM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Filin
I have installed lowering arms from http://www.adjustableairride.com/
lowered 30mms from the stock low setting
I got these to, and I like them. However, the ride is a bit bumpy when I go into the 2nd lowest level on the suspension. I'm wondering if these other modules are bumpy in that level? Anyone? I got 22's as well.

Bojan

Old 07-15-2008, 05:06 AM
No, the ride isn't bumpy with a module and I also have 22's.

Old 07-15-2008, 03:48 PM
mattjtaylor50 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Seattle996
I got these to, and I like them. However, the ride is a bit bumpy when I go into the 2nd lowest level on the suspension. I'm wondering if these other modules are bumpy in that level? Anyone? I got 22's as well.

Bojan
i have noticed the bumpiness at this level as well. i am also running 22's. i have heard no issues about ride quality from any of the lowering modules. although the car is riding on the same shock it must adjust pressure in them or something. i will likely purchase a module at a later date. but have other priorities in the near term; winter rims/tires & bypass exhaust

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: best lowering module opinions