Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 01:25 PM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
I think it might actually be ATP (never heard of it prior to this forum)... did some research and this is what I came up with::
http://www.essentialstyling.com/atp_truck.htm

--looks as if someone bought the ATP wheels and put new wheel caps on his wheels in the picture shown above, probaly someone who was a Gemballa wanna-be or somthing??

Ryan

Old 08-07-2004, 01:33 PM
Priority member
CTcayenne is infamous around these parts
F1Drew, have you read the email I sent to you? I found it in http://www.essentialstyling.com/cayenne_wheels.htm
It said it is AT Crossspoke split rim. I bet they are different rims. TIRERACK has them. Check tirerack too. The pic posted by SANDOVAL is infact gemballa's wheel.
Btw, how did you see the gemballa marked in the center cap of the pic I posted, bcoz I tried zooming in and change the resolution, but still can't see it.

Old 08-07-2004, 01:37 PM
Priority member
Originally posted by CayenneS
--looks as if someone bought the ATP wheels and put new wheel caps on his wheels in the picture shown above, probaly someone who was a Gemballa wanna-be or somthing??

Ryan
Not to be rude to gemballa or anyone. I think they are made by the same factory, probably gemballa just made their own center cap, and put it on. There are many company that does it. same wheel with different brand.

Old 08-07-2004, 01:42 PM
F1Drew is infamous around these parts
I am personal friends we the US distributor and have been looking at these wheels and center caps for almost two years. Also, once you have physically seen one you would know that's Uwe Gemballa's signature on that cap.

Old 08-07-2004, 01:45 PM
sammyf is a glorious beacon of lightsammyf is a glorious beacon of lightsammyf is a glorious beacon of lightsammyf is a glorious beacon of lightsammyf is a glorious beacon of lightsammyf is a glorious beacon of light
Okay here is AT Italia Wheel and Gemballa:

Almost identical!

-Sam

P.S. I think 41 lbs is kinda heavy... Porsche 19" are ~28 lbs. Anyone know the weight of 22" Techarts?

Old 08-07-2004, 01:46 PM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
Its amazing... i know exactly what your talking about TCayenne. For example:: OZ wheels makes the wheels for AMG, HAMANN!! among many others. Its crazy... the price difference... yet they are made by the same people!

Ryan

Old 08-07-2004, 01:52 PM
Yep, can't tell them apart. The Gemballa wheel is made by Speedline.

Old 08-07-2004, 01:54 PM
Sam, Where did you get the weight specs?

Old 08-07-2004, 01:55 PM
Priority member
So, is there any difference between gemballa's and others(ATP, AT Italia) except for the center caps?

Old 08-07-2004, 01:57 PM
Hard to say without looking into this further. As your aware, looks can be deceiving.

Old 08-07-2004, 01:58 PM
Priority member
Originally posted by F1Drew
Hard to say without looking into this further. As your aware, looks can be deceiving.
Very TRUE.... hehehe...

Old 08-07-2004, 02:00 PM
sammyf is a glorious beacon of lightsammyf is a glorious beacon of lightsammyf is a glorious beacon of lightsammyf is a glorious beacon of lightsammyf is a glorious beacon of lightsammyf is a glorious beacon of light
Called Tirerack and they told me the weight. Also, they are currently available in 2 offsets:

22X10 5-130 ET60 ATI PRESA $559.00
22X10 5-130 ET41 ATI PRESA $529.00

-Sam

Gravity Cast Construction - NOT A TRUE MULTI PIECE WHEEL.

Old 08-07-2004, 02:06 PM
Are the ATP wheels offered in the same sizes and offsets as Gemballa? Is so, I would contact the ATP reseller and find out who makes the wheel. Also ask them to physically inspect them vs. Gemballa, (not just a picture) they may see something we don't. I would also have them both weighed.

Old 08-07-2004, 02:14 PM
Sam, Would be interesting to get weight specs. on the Techart, HRE, Cargraphic etc. as most of us are not just concerned with looks but also weight/performance. I would assume that because the HRE wheel is forged it would be one of the lightest and also most expensive.

Old 08-07-2004, 02:18 PM
TT
Guys i found out another interesting thing:: check out the AT Italia Inox... it looks EXACTLY like that 5 spoke wheel gemballa carries!! If someone would plesae post a picture of the two, i dont have a picture thingy and i gotta go to bed.

This is exciting.. hehe.. =)

Ryan

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wheels