Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne handling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 02:25 PM
ruzz1 is infamous around these parts
Cayenne handling

can anyone explain what is so great about the cayenne handling? reviews seem to rave about it being the best in its class etc. I have an 06 3.2 v6model with 26k kms, with 255/55/18 wheel setup, and I feel that the car has quite a lot of bodyroll! therefore not that safe taking fast corners/or agressive driving etc. my other car is the infiniti fx35, now this car handles like a sports car with little bodyroll and immediate steering response, therefore making the driver more confident driving aggresively. the cayenne seem more floaty compared to the fx35.

secondly, the steering response is somewhat delayed and not sharp. anyway to improve this?

I am not trying to discredit the cayenne, but i just want to know what is it most about its handling that ppl rave about?

Old 07-25-2008, 04:10 PM
LAbull is infamous around these parts
Not sure about the standard Cayenne but the GTS handles just as well as 911.
I was blown away by it.
With PDCC that eliminates the body roll when taking corners much faster then a "SUV" should.
Some people say they feel the benefits of PDCC just in changing lanes however I have not experienced that as of yet.

Go test drive the GTS and compare it to your Cayenne. Maybe that will help.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:56 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
DOes yours have PSM air suspension? If not, that is one significant difference in handeling.
If your car doesn't h ave the PDCC, well it's a completely different car with/without it.

Now yes there are other sports "cars" that will handle better than the Cayenne GTS with PDCC, but not many.
When I say there are those cars, I am referring to a lambo, ferarri, the Carerra GTS, and others in that class.

No car and even your infinity even comes close to the handleing in the Cayenne GTS with PDCC.

And LAbull, when I say changing lanes, I don't mean take your sweet time and go from one lane to the other in about 75 feet. I am meaning jerk it. PLace your hands at the appropriate spots on the wheel and make it take the turn at 90 degrees.
It is AMAZING. I find myself going around corners, when noone is around like a crazed maniac. There is absolutly NO body roll, and the car goes instantly into the curve with no hesitation or roll. And when noone is around I will also pretend there are cones all over the back streets and see how the car handles going in and out of them. Yes, I will need new tires before I hit 12K, but oh well. The car is amazing.

Just go test drive a NEW Cayenne with PSM and PDCC, and you will see the difference right there.
There is a reason the Cayenne GTS is around 100K and the Infinity isn't and it just isn't because of the name< it's also the technology.

good luck.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by Jace
DOes yours have PSM air suspension? If not, that is one significant difference in handeling.
If your car doesn't h ave the PDCC, well it's a completely different car with/without it.

Now yes there are other sports "cars" that will handle better than the Cayenne GTS with PDCC, but not many.
When I say there are those cars, I am referring to a lambo, ferarri, the Carerra GTS, and others in that class.

No car and even your infinity even comes close to the handleing in the Cayenne GTS with PDCC.

And LAbull, when I say changing lanes, I don't mean take your sweet time and go from one lane to the other in about 75 feet. I am meaning jerk it. PLace your hands at the appropriate spots on the wheel and make it take the turn at 90 degrees.
It is AMAZING. I find myself going around corners, when noone is around like a crazed maniac. There is absolutly NO body roll, and the car goes instantly into the curve with no hesitation or roll. And when noone is around I will also pretend there are cones all over the back streets and see how the car handles going in and out of them. Yes, I will need new tires before I hit 12K, but oh well. The car is amazing.

Just go test drive a NEW Cayenne with PSM and PDCC, and you will see the difference right there.
There is a reason the Cayenne GTS is around 100K and the Infinity isn't and it just isn't because of the name< it's also the technology.

good luck.

Are you saying I take my sweet time to change lanes? I challenge you to a lane change off!

Old 07-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
right on.
I am definetly challenging you, if you cannot notice a difference it's b/c you are grandma-ing the car.
It's noticeable.
When you're in CO, or if in Texas, b/c I am driving there next week, it's on.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:50 PM
right on.
I am definetly challenging you, if you cannot notice a difference it's b/c you are grandma-ing the car.
It's noticeable.
When you're in CO, or if in Texas, b/c I am driving there next week, it's on.
You challenged me. Who wants to go to CO or TX anyways. Come out to CA and it's on!

***small print...my car is not here yet.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:11 PM
OCPorsche is infamous around these parts
I will supply the cars but if you hurt them you pay for them! haha

Old 07-25-2008, 06:14 PM
break it you buy it, nice.
gotta head to tx for work for a few days, develpoment project, and well as for CA, feels like I am there already....everyone I meet here in CO is from CA, and well, we have the bad drives like CA.

love the small print..... ah I forgot yours is coming..... you'll love it when you get it.

gotta run, going out for sushi.... yum

Old 07-25-2008, 06:53 PM
break it you buy it, nice.
gotta head to tx for work for a few days, develpoment project, and well as for CA, feels like I am there already....everyone I meet here in CO is from CA, and well, we have the bad drives like CA.

love the small print..... ah I forgot yours is coming..... you'll love it when you get it.

gotta run, going out for sushi.... yum
I wish alot more people would head for CO. Those are all the people we don't want!

Out for Sushi as well. ***small print #2....sushi by the ocean must be better then sushi by the rockies. Unless it's rocky mountain oysters which I would never touch.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by OCPorsche
I will supply the cars but if you hurt them you pay for them! haha
I didn't hurt them the first time but I think there was a darker stain on the back seats where you were sitting after you got out of the car.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:52 PM
mlc.design is infamous around these parts
toss a nice set of 20s on that bad boy and enjoy

I have a V6 with stock suspension annd 22 x 10s holds the road nicely can take a NJ road 45mph marked at 80 to 90 no roll

Old 07-26-2008, 01:08 AM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ruzz1
my other car is the infiniti fx35, now this car handles like a sports car with little bodyroll and immediate steering response,

I've driven the fx35 and 45 and they handle very well. From what I remember they weigh alot less than the Cayenne. Its probably because the Cayenne was actually designed to be taken off road and tow rear trailors and thus has alot more 'metal' under there. The FX is more of a pretty commuter car. Definitely does NOT handle as well as a sports car as you state though...not even close. Go jump in a Corvette and then get back into your FX and tell me it handles the same.

Old 07-26-2008, 02:36 AM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Just not driving to it;s limits... drive faster..

Old 07-26-2008, 05:38 AM
mudman2 is infamous around these parts
Use the grab handles and try to kill yourself on a hard right you will be suprised. In comparison the FX is a toy

Old 07-26-2008, 06:18 AM
ruzz1 is infamous around these parts
hmmm...so i guess to be abe to see the major difference or worth of the raved handling, is to really whack a corner i.e drive agressively? but how often do one do that? its also dangerous. ( i dont doubt the gts or air suspension wud have better handling, i'm talking about the v6)

anyhow, i dont really drive fast, well more so becos i feel less confident in the cayenne. i'm thinking of putting spacers to widen the stance a bit and put eibach lowering springs. will maintain the 18 inch set wheels due to engine only a v6. would this plan improve my handling??? or shud i just maintain standard and put in 20 inches?

help me guys.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne handling