Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

My GTS is a gonner on Monday ;)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 09:00 PM
NeverFastEnough is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by fredttx50
Honestly probably the end run of me and Porsches. I think next will be Ferrari or Lamo.
Sorry to hear that but it seems like a logical progression .

I do not think it is a stretch but there are probably a lot of people on these and other webpages, who watch your pics and videos just to see what you will do next, and see if they want to do that to their own cars or trucks. Hopefully you do not lose that, but it can become costly being one of the leading "beta testers".

Old 08-20-2008, 07:21 AM
emm2wc is infamous around these parts
Congrats

Old 08-20-2008, 03:58 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NeverFastEnough
Sorry to hear that but it seems like a logical progression .
Agree that it is a logical progression to go to Ferrari and Lambo afterwards.

The only problem is that you'll be paying more, but may not get more (in terms of driving and handlling) in return. Most of the money is going into the brand name.

My next car in a few years will most likely be the next gen GT3. The only way to get close to the same performance from Ferrari or Lambo is double the price or more. Then at this price, I definitely won't be using it on the track.

Old 08-20-2008, 04:34 PM
copasetic222 is infamous around these parts
Curious about the mods

Fred,
Please educate me. Why FabSpeed cat bypass pipes but not FabSpeed mufflers? How does Cargraphic exhaust differ? Will you keep the stock sport exhaust tips? It was my understanding that the Turbo S will be lowered like the GTS is from the factory. Will you lower it further or isn't it lowered by Porsche after all? My dealer's concerned about EVOMs software mods and the Porsche warranty. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Old 08-20-2008, 04:41 PM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by copasetic222
Fred,
Please educate me. Why FabSpeed cat bypass pipes but not FabSpeed mufflers? How does Cargraphic exhaust differ? Will you keep the stock sport exhaust tips? It was my understanding that the Turbo S will be lowered like the GTS is from the factory. Will you lower it further or isn't it lowered by Porsche after all? My dealer's concerned about EVOMs software mods and the Porsche warranty. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Regarding lowering same on GTS and TTS. I always like to have the option of lowering the car even more, hence why I got the Techart lowering module. It's awesome. Straight ECU swap. Basically I now drive as low as parking level when it was stock. Parking level is much lower then stock and when you lock car, it automatically lowers and then raises when unlocking.

As for warranty, I don't care as I have great relationship with my dealership. If any issues, just have reflashed to stock. I've been doing ECU mods to all my porsches and have never had any issues with EVOMS since 2002!!

As for the exhaust/cats I am now getting both sets from the same manufacture.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:46 PM
copasetic222 is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the info, Fred.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:08 PM
CarGuy56 is infamous around these parts
pics of ur new cayenne?

Old 08-22-2008, 04:33 PM
Banned
lemansz20 is infamous around these parts
I am still waiting on pics, I assume monday already passed, so get out of the gt and post some pics of the new truck. CHOP CHOP, your toys give me something to look at for at least 3 days usually.

Old 08-23-2008, 12:52 AM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TraderHal
some change their toothbrush every week others wait until the bristles fall out.
FWIW, you should change your toothbrush at least once a month.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:57 PM
FULL BOOST is infamous around these parts
Bob,

Really? Once a month?

Old 08-26-2008, 12:47 AM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
All, I will post pics once the car is all done. Hopefully end of next week and pics by Kirby

Old 08-26-2008, 01:58 AM
emm2wc is infamous around these parts
Cannot wait to those pics.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:11 AM
TurboTronic is infamous around these parts
The anticipation is killing me!

Old 08-26-2008, 08:56 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
for those of you with the 08 CayenneTT I'll have some good news and an announcement shortly on the ECU flashing... I believe the EVOMSit software is currently the only one available for you the new TFSI based Cayenne TT's. Drop me an Email to alex@sharkwerks.com if you have any questions.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:48 PM
wantone is infamous around these parts
Fred, I was wondering when you'd pick up that Turbo S? I'm working with Mike Bradley but how much are you getting off? PM me!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My GTS is a gonner on Monday ;)