Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

window tinting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Had mine done 1 week ago, will post some pics as soon as I have one free second, but it turned out awesome.
The guy that did it, has probably done 15 of my past cars, and family recommendations, and it turned out perfect.

I think he did 25 or 30 on the backs, and 17% on the fronts.
That was the lightest color he could co on the backs and front, to get it to match perfectly, without just going sooo dark on both.

Looks great though. ah jeeze, I will go outside and take a pic in the garage, for all that are up at this hour surfing.... I will post a better one, not from tmy iphone at a later date....

here ya go.

Attached Images  
Old 09-14-2008, 01:25 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
here are some updated tint pics.
Love the look and so glad I did this for several reasons....

Attached Images    
Old 09-14-2008, 01:42 PM
oh, and there have been questions about clear bras and such, well look at my pictures up close, I have the entire front of the car, and about 1/2 my hood wrapped with 3M, both my side mirrors.

You can't notice anything any you can't even tell it's there, unless you get up close to it and can sometimes see the line in the right light...

I would recommend it always, for every car.

Old 12-16-2008, 02:06 AM
LosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of light
Waaa

Originally Posted by bmwman3241
Here in the UAE, it is HOT, and most upper class people (Nicer cars) go with V-Kool which costs between $1000-$1500. Other popular companies on many of the cars are 3M and SunGuard. To get the clear front windshield is the most expensive part of the tinting process, and usually costs about $500 itself. I got all my cars done with V-Kool, and it was worth it.
On my moms Lexus, I tinted it medium, and within 1 day repaid it to get it all dark. V-Kool is good for a dark film tint, as well as keeping your car cool. The VK Series is the best one, compared to the other V-Kool series.
I am going to try and get this question across as clearly as possible. Does the VK or 3M tinting add that purple glare that I see on some high end cars front windshields sometimes that make the car look extra sexy from the right angle. (I hope someone knows what I am talking about) It looks like the window has had anything done to it but with a trainned eye you notice that nice glare? If anyone has an idea of what I am talking about, how do you achive that purple glare. This glare is seen from outside perspective.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:57 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LosAngeles
I am going to try and get this question across as clearly as possible. Does the VK or 3M tinting add that purple glare that I see on some high end cars front windshields sometimes that make the car look extra sexy from the right angle. (I hope someone knows what I am talking about) It looks like the window has had anything done to it but with a trainned eye you notice that nice glare? If anyone has an idea of what I am talking about, how do you achive that purple glare. This glare is seen from outside perspective.
That purple coloring that your referring to is just the windshield itself. The reason it has that coloring is because the glass has a UV protection in it. Not sure of how you can achieve that look without the glass already having it, hope this helps

Old 12-16-2008, 01:54 PM
jcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to behold
what's the legal limit, 15%?

Old 12-16-2008, 02:22 PM
LosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by dinorocz
That purple coloring that your referring to is just the windshield itself. The reason it has that coloring is because the glass has a UV protection in it. Not sure of how you can achieve that look without the glass already having it, hope this helps
Clarified, Thanks

Old 12-16-2008, 05:59 PM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jcpca356
Legal limit depends on the state laws.. For example in Florida (and Im sure places with similar weather) allow very dark tint, while places like New York, max tint is 50%, which if you know is like having no tint at all. I like most though cant do without tint and have mine at 20% which is dark enough for me.

Attached Images   
Old 12-16-2008, 09:16 PM
huskyfan23 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jcpca356
It varies from state to state. The guy that tinted my last vehicle used 5% and 8% and I had to pay cash because he said it was illegal.

Thanks for this thread! It reminded me that I need to get my CTT tinted! The rear is factory tinted but I know they sometimes have trouble matching with factory tint, so I may need to get the entire thing tinted.

Old 12-17-2008, 02:22 AM
Lightbulb ?

Hmm... So if I understand correctly factory rear windows have tint inside the glass or something. So is it possible to order new front windows that have tint inside them to exactly match rears?

Old 12-17-2008, 08:35 AM
huskyfan23 is infamous around these parts
I don't think they tint the front windows from the factory.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:50 AM
jcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to behold
hmm, gotta get my MB tinted too. i guess the tint shop would know the legal limit. i'll just get the max possible. thanks.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by LosAngeles
Hmm... So if I understand correctly factory rear windows have tint inside the glass or something. So is it possible to order new front windows that have tint inside them to exactly match rears?
your avatar is funny. i once took pictures of all the keys of my 4 car fleet...2 keys for each car + valet keys...

Old 12-17-2008, 09:05 AM
CayenneS is infamous around these parts
I did my CS tinting at Zeibart for all glasses including front glass for about 800 $ in Riyadh Saudi Arabia, and It's great sun insulator..

Old 12-17-2008, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by huskyfan23
I don't think they tint the front windows from the factory.
Yes I understand. But here is my question lets say one of your rear windows brakes and you order a new one it will come pre tinted..... So is there any manufacture that could fabricate your front windows to come pre tinted for exact matching? (maybe I am the only one who has ever thought of this or is crazy enough to want to go through this process)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: window tinting