Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

window tinting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
window tinting

I searched the forum and I could find an exact answer to my question.....

What is the best window tint brand out there?

I can't take it anymore and am going to tint the front wondows of mt GTS.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Old 08-22-2008, 05:49 PM
LAbull is infamous around these parts
People will say F1 but I think its over rated.
Especially if you live in CO where it's not near as sunny as it is here in LA.

3M and Llumar have done me well in my last 5 cars.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
royal or suntech any good? Two different places use those and I have no clue.

Old 08-23-2008, 09:49 AM
Come on guys, chime in. I am getting this thing tinted within the next few days and need to know what options are out there and what everyone recommends. I will search for a company that installs what is recommended, but obviously I need those recommendations.... let's get to it.

Old 08-23-2008, 10:20 AM
LAbull is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jace
royal or suntech any good? Two different places use those and I have no clue.
Never heard of either...

I will be getting Llumar platinum on my GTS when it gets here.

Old 08-23-2008, 10:28 AM
bmwman3241 is infamous around these parts
Here in the UAE, it is HOT, and most upper class people (Nicer cars) go with V-Kool which costs between $1000-$1500. Other popular companies on many of the cars are 3M and SunGuard. To get the clear front windshield is the most expensive part of the tinting process, and usually costs about $500 itself. I got all my cars done with V-Kool, and it was worth it.
On my moms Lexus, I tinted it medium, and within 1 day repaid it to get it all dark. V-Kool is good for a dark film tint, as well as keeping your car cool. The VK Series is the best one, compared to the other V-Kool series.

Old 08-23-2008, 11:05 AM
THe whole V-Kool series is Metallic. I wouldn't go that route with cell phone reception and GPS installed, but not sure...

well after a few phone calls and after reading a few message boards, it seems LLumar is almost equal to SunTek, and in my area 90% of the installers only offer suntek, so that's the route I am going.

To me it's just tint. My other cars have had suntek from what I remember and they never bubbled, never faded, always looked 100% all the time.

Thanks for the input. Made an appointment for wednesday 7am.
I am going 20% in the front's and 35% on the back. From the outside this should look even all the way around which is the uniform look I want.

I will post a few snaps when complete....

Last edited by Jace; 08-23-2008 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:20 PM
bmwman3241 is infamous around these parts
In the end it is your choice, But I have had these 2 cars tinted.
2007 Lexus RX400h Silver, FULLY LOADED.
VK-75 all around with VK-15 on windshield. Navigation and phone work fine, and the color of the tint looks dark black and not grayish.
2006 BMW 325i Graphite, Loaded
VK-75 Back, VK-50 Front, VK-15 Windshiled. Navigation and Phone work fine. Gives the car a dark tint and matches the color of the car.
2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali White. Fully Loaded with Mods.
Im going to get VK-75 all around, with VK-50 on the windshield.

Old 08-23-2008, 01:26 PM
thanks to everyone that lent some advice.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:45 AM
03LX470 is infamous around these parts
How about Huper Optik (they told me theirs was ceramic vs v-kool being metallic) ?

I've had V-Kool before - no problems.

Also tried Huper Optik - no problems.

I wonder if all the "premium films" are more or less the same. At the end of the day perhaps it boils down to how good their marketing is.

Just my 0.02

Old 08-24-2008, 08:55 PM
mlc.design is infamous around these parts
i heard 3m is the best

Old 08-25-2008, 08:49 AM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
Ive used Suntek in the past and had 0 problems. The rest is hype. You are good with Suntek.

Old 08-25-2008, 03:18 PM
ya, I had suntek on my gs450h, and past vehicles and never an issue with discoloring or bubbllies or anything like that....
probably has alot to do with the installer. And this guy has probably done 10 of my past cars no joke, so I feel confident it will be what I expect.
Wednesday 7am can't come soon enough.....
Probably go 20-25% on the front, with 45-50% on the back.... whatever % on the back just to match so it looks even from the outside is what I want....
we'll see.
I'll post a pic after.... or after it dries.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:18 PM
hardman is infamous around these parts
huper optic

I had it on my RS4 and it looked great, seemed to be a good heat shield and wore well. It is ceramic and is slightly more $ than 3M and the like but probably worth it.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:27 PM
PTEC688 is infamous around these parts
Call Extreme Car Audio. I'm not affiliated with them, but they are great at tint and have done a lot of Porsches. Several of them being vehilcles that I see a lot and the tint looks and holds up great. I'm not sure what brand(s) they use, but they will tell you. Very nice guys. Very professional. Ask for Lee. Thats who I normally talk to. 616-452-3222

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: window tinting