Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

squeaking brakes...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 10:32 AM
canberk is infamous around these parts
squeaking brakes...

my brakes just started to squeak when i gently press the brake pedal on low speeds. Why why why? I hate it... Brought it to dealer today for oil service and maintenance, they'll also look for it...

another question, is the rear viper of 2008 is different than the previous models?

Old 08-28-2008, 03:11 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
my dealer said the squeaking is normal and cannot be fixed.

From what I remember, rear wiper is the same.

Old 08-28-2008, 05:03 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
maybe some dust? hopefully not a rock....

hp breaks squeak at times.
knock on wood. 3K miles and nothing yet.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:38 PM
Dealer today showed me a bulletin that porsche released, it says Cayenne has a big brake system and light and medium breaking may cause squeak and it's a part of normal operation. it sucks though...

Old 08-29-2008, 12:54 PM
wilfred is infamous around these parts
It's just brake dust, rinse with water.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by wilfred
It's just brake dust, rinse with water.
it worked, however it's still strange..

Old 08-29-2008, 11:54 PM
Cannoli is infamous around these parts
Brake squeal comes from an oscillation of the brake pads against the rotors. You'll notice if you apply more pressure through the calipers, the noise stops.

Brembo (and other manufactures) have developed the brake pads for the Cayenne with large steel cylinders on the edge of the pads. This is to dampen the oscillation (noise) when light pressure is applied to the pads.

As others have said, wash the brake dust out between the pads and rotors. Porsche does NOT recommend applying brake pad paste on the pads (for the 955/957 Cayennes). However, I've used this trick on my Mercedes vehicles and it did the trick (no brake squeal).

Old 08-31-2008, 02:26 PM
PTEC688 is infamous around these parts
Water will help and so will a few really hard stops, but the "brake quiet" on the back of the pads along with keeping them clean should do the trick. Like previously stated, it's a vibration so "gluing" the pads to the calipers is the best way to get rid of it.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by PTEC688
Water will help and so will a few really hard stops, but the "brake quiet" on the back of the pads along with keeping them clean should do the trick. Like previously stated, it's a vibration so "gluing" the pads to the calipers is the best way to get rid of it.
i "glued" them and seems to be better now, but it really sounds odd on a Porsche, if you look from a pedestrian's eye walking on the sidewalk...