Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne and LED Trailer Lights ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 10:02 AM
CupsRule is infamous around these parts
Question Cayenne and LED Trailer Lights ...

I have pulled my (former) open trailer with my '06 Cayenne S and my dealer was unable to make it work with the LED lights so I had to install the older style incandecent lights.

Just ordered my new trailer and my dealer says they are unable to get an answer from Porsche on how to make it work. As many Cayennes that are pulling trailers I can't believe some are not using LED lights which are basically standard these days.

Has anyone out there found an easy fixed to regulate the voltage to make the Cayenne compatable with LED trailer lights

Thanks

Old 08-30-2008, 10:10 AM
PTEC is infamous around these parts
There is an adapter that you can get for LED lights. Try calling a U-haul (no joke) and asking them. I have the part number written down somewhere if they cant find it for you. Its not an official 'Porsche' part which is why the dealer doesn't know about it.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by PTEC
There is an adapter that you can get for LED lights. Try calling a U-haul (no joke) and asking them. I have the part number written down somewhere if they cant find it for you. Its not an official 'Porsche' part which is why the dealer doesn't know about it.
I know it's no joke ... or thought that, I was told that with my other trailer and the U-haul people said they did not have such a thing ... after searching parts books in front of me ... I'll try again, if you could find the part number or even close to the specific name for the adapter it would be a great help.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:11 PM
Porsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to behold
here you go 30 bucks i think

http://store.uhaul.com/product_detail.aspx?id=4089

Kyle

Old 08-30-2008, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by Porsche917
here you go 30 bucks i think

http://store.uhaul.com/product_detail.aspx?id=4089

Kyle
Thanks Kyle ... before seeing this I just went to the site and was going to post the same thing ... by looking at it, it surely doesn't go between the harness on the vehicle and the trailer wiring as it is a round 7 prong hook up for brakes etc., looks like a deadend ... must go in the engine compartment somewhere ... but at least its a start.