Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

New product lowering module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 12:01 PM
porscheaudifam is infamous around these parts
I unplugged the two wire connector under my 2005 CTT; with both wires disconnected I got the suspension to stay down but the I also lost my radio and Nav.
the center dash displayed the screen that shows the suspension moving (yellow line and arrow to where it was going - which showed it red on the bottom - access/load position - no red exclamation)
I think APLINE_997 said earlier it is only one of these - i will try one disconnected and see what is up!
THX everyone - glad 6speed took take of 6speed!

Old 01-08-2009, 10:04 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by porscheaudifam
I unplugged the two wire connector under my 2005 CTT; with both wires disconnected I got the suspension to stay down but the I also lost my radio and Nav.
the center dash displayed the screen that shows the suspension moving (yellow line and arrow to where it was going - which showed it red on the bottom - access/load position - no red exclamation)
I think APLINE_997 said earlier it is only one of these - i will try one disconnected and see what is up!
THX everyone - glad 6speed took take of 6speed!
Please snap a picture for us.

tnx

Old 01-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Banned
Mayor 1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Factory I slow at mods during the winter times...Not like its snowing here but I am just lazy mode during winter. I will have pics up soon when I decide to get the thing installed. Maybe this weekend.
Have a part number for the switch you're using? Kinda like to take a look at it if you don't mind. You can PM me as I can look it up on the Porsche system.

Thanks,

Old 01-16-2009, 11:32 AM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
damn nothing yet????

Old 01-16-2009, 11:33 AM
LosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of light
I know this is delayed response but did anyone end up getting a refund for this mod?

Old 01-18-2009, 08:59 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
I had a Turbo Cayenne the first year they came out but sold it 2 years ago. On Jan 2nd purchased a Turbo S so I am new to the Cayenne section of 6Speed. This thread is extremely informative and I want to thank Alpine_997 for sharing his knowledge. Alpine_997 - Are you saying just purchase two more plug ends, attach them to the present ends (that way they can be replugged at anytime) and run the wires from the new ends to a new switch? This could be mounted anywhere but purchasing a switch from Porsche and installing it in the switch panel on the car would be much cleaner. Do you need to "switch" all three wires? Is there a downside to the TechArt/Cargraphic module other than the price?

Last edited by imcarnuts; 01-18-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:38 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Hey Duff - who let you in?

It seems that my wires vary from the 09's GTS/Turbo so far. Out of the three wires there are only two that you would need. I will check on my switch tomorrow and let everyone know the part numbers once I can confirm it will work.

My wires are as follows:

Three Yellow Wires - Yellow/Blue - Yellow Solid - Yellow Black. The yellow wires end with a Male Molex Type End which plugs into a female receiver that contains three wires that are Black/Green/Red.

My wires are located behind the DVD panel under the passenger seat. It is the only set of wires that I could locate. The Yellow/Blue and Yellow/Black are the two wires that matters for the switch/override.

It is a simple on/off switch that can be placed in the same panel area as the vent controls behind the porsche plate above the ashtray.

There are a few good modules out there but for what they do I felt the price did not justify the end result. To some it would be worth it and for that I say have at it I don't drive with it lowered all the time due to the change in geometry of the alignment. But its nice to have it low from time to time when I want. Having to buy the $2500-$3000 module and perhaps paying another $150.00 to have the service shop program it was not worth it to me for the times I would want the use of it.

H&R sells a more tweakable lowering control module which lets you fine tune lowering heights to all 4 wheels. I think it regulates the voltage to raise/lower the car. The TechArt Module doesn't allow for that. They have the Alarm Arming/Lower it down to loading level feature but thats not a big deal to me.

Its too simple not to try it out.

This mod is simple, less than $50 for the switch and remains factory.

I hope to get an answer on the right switches tomorrow and then present a DIY by next week.

As far as the wires mine are Brown/Yellow Stripe, Brown Solid and Black.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:44 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Hey Duff - who let you in?
Actually I had to buy my way in to the tune of a check to Sewickley Porsche for $1xx,xxx.xx. Damn your initiation fees are stiff.
My wife actually drives this vehicle most of the time. I will have to check and see what combo of wires I have.

Old 01-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Reborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to behold
Okay, I have been following this thread closely and seen references to many lowering modules out there (Techart, Renntech, 9ff, Rinspeed, Carnewal, etc) as well as this home mod. I also searched and could not find an answer to the below question...

Do all of these modules only effect the air spring settings or are there some that adjust the shock settings as well?

I know some of the modules are electric but what does that buy you (other than load level with alarm arming)?

Really trying to decide which way to go on this...

Last edited by Reborn996; 01-20-2009 at 02:35 PM. Reason: typo correction
Old 01-21-2009, 10:58 AM
Jeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Reborn996
Okay, I have been following this thread closely and seen references to many lowering modules out there (Techart, Renntech, 9ff, Rinspeed, Carnewal, etc) as well as this home mod. I also searched and could not find an answer to the below question...

Do all of these modules only effect the air spring settings or are there some that adjust the shock settings as well?

I know some of the modules are electric but what does that buy you (other than load level with alarm arming)?

I'm in the same boat, David. I'm leaning towards paying the extra $$ and going with the Techart module.

I'd be surpised if any of these modules adjusted the shock settings. Hopefully someone with definitive knowledge will comment.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:30 PM
mattjtaylor50 is infamous around these parts
module

Originally Posted by Reborn996

im interested in this as well
a module is the only way to go. links are cheap fix and way too bumpy
techart is most likely the best but most expensive
does any one have experience comparing ride quality to rinspeed or renntech?
also does any one know price difference between the modules (ball park)
thanks

Old 01-21-2009, 01:24 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
The switch/wire option(cheap alternative) allows for the use of all shock settings if that is what you are asking. The only setting in the 08/09's that does not function is the Sport ECU mode which generally triggers the SPORT Shock setting. If I want an extra umph I just push the PSM off and its bumps the rev ranges up and its plently sporty almost too touchy for the first time users. I ride around in this mode from time to time and its really fun.

The links are bumpy but there is a fine tune compromise that I had to continue to adjust until I got it right.

Note to those waiting on the switch picture. The reason I don't have it is that they can't sell you a switch part. You have to buy the whole control unit. So its back to finding a switch that I can make fit. Perhaps with an on/off whit led of some sort.

I like to do little mods so its no biggie. I know some just want to get it over with.

Last edited by ALPINE_997; 01-21-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:09 PM
Reborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to behold
Alpine, what I was actually referring to was a module that would modify the factory shock settings to match the lowered ride height. This would be to make the ride smoother in the lower setting. It seems even the electronic lowering modules only effect the air springs but I have seen some references to the TechArt module having a better ride quality which is why I asked if the electronic modules effected the shocks too.

Also, I just ordered a used climate control unit for my Cayenne that I will only be using some parts off of. If there is a switch from it you need I could probably get it to you. Just waiting for delivery on it.

David

Old 01-21-2009, 09:04 PM
Reborn - ahh. In regards to the module most of them are made my H&R(heard it from a few installers) but mostly sold a private label here and H&R overseas for some reason. They have 4 fine tuning adjusters which seems to regulate the voltage going to each sensor to fine tune it lower than some of the other modules out there. The modules appear only to set the ride heights as the Shock settings are programmable to the individual so they don't change those settings. There is a point of horrible returns when you cross a few mm's and the car will behave harsely because of those few mm's.

The fronts are more effected by the lowering than the rears which tends to create a bouncier feel. I have raised it up a few mm's and it changed the dynamics/feel greatly. Don't get me wrong it isn't like comfort but its very tolerable and the chassis side to side leans are greatly reduced. I can say at the lowest setting that I had it on at one time was amazing in corners but it would require a new kidney riding it in too long that way

There is a good compromise that can be had and without a module. For me its just the fun and trying.

Let me know what parts you have left. I have a few ideas if not.

I will look for the wires for the GTS and Turbo Owners this weekend perhaps when I am the dealership and can get wire schemes.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:59 PM
NanaimoCTT is infamous around these parts
I don't understand why people say the links are bumpy! Wouldn't the electronic modules and this switch ALSO make the ride bumpy too?? Are they all just reducing the air in the bags??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: New product lowering module