Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

New product lowering module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 11:57 AM
SSWIM is infamous around these parts
Will this work on the 08 CTT??? If I missed the answer somewhere I apologize.

Thanks
Sam

Old 09-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Targa Tim
DASwagenz,

great review, but why is the renntech module causing harsh ride but not the solo? I thought they are just doing the same thing?!
Im wondering the same thing, what is the difference between a renntech or 'other' model versus this one?? Shouldn't ride quality be the same?

Old 09-22-2008, 01:54 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
On normal ride the adjustable liks do not make the car appear any lower. On the lower setting before loading level it rides smooth until you hit a dip(no dampning) and on bumps it is brutal.

I hope this one helps.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:01 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
placing an order from them as well. I left a message for him.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:33 PM
Just spoke to the owner. Sounds like a nice guy and called me back pretty quickly.

He did mention if I wasn't happy with it that he would refund me the money back minus shipping and handling.

I hope I do not have to exercise that offer

Old 09-22-2008, 03:56 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
looking forward to Alpine and Alex's driving reports before ordering.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:04 PM
Damn we are the GUINEA PIGS!! Squeak squeak Alex will get his first since he is Cali darn those west coasters!

Old 09-22-2008, 10:36 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
So please if anyone can answer this.
Does it lower it anymore than loading mode or just keeps it driving at loading mode?

Thanks in advanace.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:01 AM
globalm3 - it does not lower it lower than the loading level. It just allows it to stay at the loading level with enough pressure in the bags to not cause the harsh ride that the lowering links causes when lowered. I spoke to the owner yesterday and I addressed this as the first concern. I would like it lower but I can also see why he wouldn't go lower than loading level since it would decompress too much air out of the bags to make it comfortable and it would create such negative camber that it would be unsafe and perhaps even bad for the driveline. I can accept that reason so I ordered one.

I hope to find out soon.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:33 AM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
bags or struts?

Old 09-23-2008, 09:47 AM
Struts....bags....it's all about ball bearings...

Old 09-23-2008, 10:06 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Even at loading level, there is significantly more negative camber (particularly the front wheels) when compare to normal driving level.

So the question is do we need to adjust the wheel alignment after installing this solo module? and if we did, and when we unplug or turn off this module, do we need to re-adjust the alignment again?

Old 09-23-2008, 10:15 AM
Banned
DASWagenz is infamous around these parts
Smile

Sorry guy's been on the road.

Targa Tim-

From what I understand this is the only module which does not re-calibrate the stock PASM & Height Control Values. It's sole purpose is to access the loading level without speed restrictions. The damping controls work just like stock so while in the loading level I can still use the Comfort/Normal/Sports modes to adjust the ride to my liking. This IS NOT like the other modules on the market which are much firmer in every mode. Only drawback is a warning light on the dash display when the unit is turned on which acts kinda like a safety feature so you know your at minimum clearance, but I can live with that because it works so much better than everything else I've tried. My buddy just received his solo-mod for an 08 GTS and he's thrilled with the ride and it looks sweet with the stock 21s, DAMN....I wish I could get a stick in my Turbo!

Cheers!

Old 09-23-2008, 10:17 AM
To be honest it will be some time before we can say for sure. If you intend to drive it with the loading level all of the time then I would suggest aligning it at that level and then deal with some postive camber or 0 camber when raised. I am sure the align shop can help you figure that out.

I currently drive with the lowering links and set at the low level. I have about -2.0 negative camber on my rears and about 1.5 negative on my fronts and I like it enough to keep it. I check my tires on a weekly and monthly basis to see if I get any major wearing so that I can change the specs if needed. So far I have not needed to change it and no noticeable inner wear of of the tires.

Since I am riding with the links about equal or a little lower than the loading level currently then I can assume it will be okay with the new module since it will be the same height. I would hope that it would be lower but he said it wasn't. We will see and I will do a before and after to show results. I will install the OEM links back in and place it on the load level to give a comparison and perhaps even a measurement from center of the rim to the fender.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:20 AM
Thanks DAS for your feedback. That is what the owner told me as well that it doesn't touch the PASM controls so it won't harshen the ride. It involves itself more from the compression controls bypassing the PASM system all together.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: New product lowering module