Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

New product lowering module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 07:14 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
New product lowering module

Guys found this company that was working on a new lowering module

for the CTT/Q7/Touareg.. they are in the Sacramento area.. spoke to the

owner today, he said he's been tracking and testing for 18 months, I know

you guys have been waiting for a cheaper alternative, maybe this is the

answer and personally I dont like the links

i'll volunteer as a guineapig, I'm getting mine on the 25th..

Will give feedback... anyway here's the site

http://www.solo-technologies.com/

his reponse to my email-----------------------------

I’ve been using the module on my car as a prototype for the last 18 months and have attended a number of track days
@ Thunderhill/Laguna Seca and Infineon. You will be astonished at the handling capability of our vehicles while in the
“loading level” at speed. It’s truly awesome! I will have our newest shipment of modules in by next Wed. the 24th
and I will overnight your module so you can enjoy the fun for yourself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 01-04-2011 at 12:23 PM. Reason: active link to a commercial non sponsor site
Old 09-20-2008, 11:37 PM
Cannoli is infamous around these parts
Alex - thanks for the heads-up. I'll take a look at this ...

Old 09-21-2008, 10:26 AM
canberk is infamous around these parts
alex please update us as soon as you receive the module and gave the first try...

Old 09-21-2008, 11:25 AM
04CTT is infamous around these parts
Please let us know asap cause that is much more reasonable price

Old 09-21-2008, 02:54 PM
111GTS is infamous around these parts
also interested in this! quoting from his email "loading level at speed" makes me want to get one now.

Old 09-21-2008, 03:25 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
subscribed!!!!

The links dont lower it anymore than this would, correct?

Old 09-21-2008, 05:40 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Loading level looks so good. Can't wait to see..

Old 09-21-2008, 07:34 PM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute
Having installed the links.., I wouldn't do it again. I loved it at first due to the look, but the ride quality sucks if you want it to look low and sporty. I've adjusted them 3 different times now and I have just been wanting to put the stock links back in and eventually go lowering module because of the stiff ride. I've heard that the links don't affect ride quality, but thats not true from my experience. I'm hoping the electronic module keeps ride quality smooth but lowers like the links. This is a good deal and I'm going to order it as well shortly.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:08 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Alex I knew it was only a matter of time before you modded that thing

Great news and I hope it works out for those looking for a cheaper alternative. The main thing is the ride quality as the links are not a good alternative to ride quality + ride height. It gets rough at lowered setting. I haven't tweaked like some but I would assume it won't get much better. I can handle it but many passengers can't

Subscribed..

Do you know if it is plug and play? They don't say it but word as such.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:06 PM
canberk is infamous around these parts
the website says it's a DIY plug and play module, no splicing nothing... Sounds like miracle..

Old 09-22-2008, 01:55 AM
Banned
DASWagenz is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up Just got my SOLO-Technologies module!

I wasn't to sure when I ordered, seemed too good to be true.
Ordered mine 5 days ago, and got it yesterday and it works!

I spent $200 today just driving every twisty road I could find. Product looked wierd when I received it, but as advertised I installed it in about 5 min. The directions were simple, I plugged it in under the passenger seat and screwed in two safety screws. There's a **** which turns the module on/off to allow the use of the loading level, other than that works just like stock when switched off. Ride is better than the adjustable links or the Renntech Module I just paid to take off because of tire rub/wife complaints-harsh ride.

I'm running 22in sport technos on a 06 Turbo S with no rubbing at all, and my damping adjustments still work like stock.

I've spent over $4600 in parts and labor trying to get the look and ride that this thing did in 5 min for $615 bucks including shippping. No brainer here, go get one before they raise the prices, I would have paid five times the amount had I known about them first.

BTW-Anyone interested in a Renntech Module or Adjustable Links?

Old 09-22-2008, 07:15 AM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Alex I knew it was only a matter of time before you modded that thing

Great news and I hope it works out for those looking for a cheaper alternative. The main thing is the ride quality as the links are not a good alternative to ride quality + ride height. It gets rough at lowered setting. I haven't tweaked like some but I would assume it won't get much better. I can handle it but many passengers can't

Subscribed..

Do you know if it is plug and play? They don't say it but word as such.

looks like DASWagenz beat me to it

Old 09-22-2008, 09:47 AM
04CTT is infamous around these parts
Does anybody have a contact phone number to talk to someone at this company?

Old 09-22-2008, 09:52 AM
916 284-7244

Old 09-22-2008, 11:53 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
DASwagenz,

great review, but why is the renntech module causing harsh ride but not the solo? I thought they are just doing the same thing?!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: New product lowering module