Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

back to the porsche family-- cayenne GTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 01:17 AM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
back to the porsche family-- cayenne GTS

i've kept my eye open for a GTS. it's was hard pulling the trigger since i have a E63 AMG to trade in. i was told that it would be bloody. but it didn't stop me from checking with local dealers for their white GTS status.

anyway, i found one today with all the right options. so i went for it and kept my eyes closed on the paperwork for my trade-in!!

no pics since it's late, but here is the option list:

2009 GTS with tip
sand white
std havanna
bi-xenon
PCM/nav
heated seats
light comfort pkg
xm with traffic
universal audio interface
variable power steering
panoramic roof
sun screen
rear camera/park ***
bose
bluetooth

very excited as a first time cayenne owner. hopefully get to spend sometime with it tomorrow.

Old 09-21-2008, 01:31 AM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
congrats, I was contemplating an e63 before the GTS.

Old 09-21-2008, 02:29 AM
Banned
NCMD is infamous around these parts
congrats! enjoy in good health.

Old 09-21-2008, 04:01 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Congrats! Make sure to make some pics.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:45 AM
LAbull is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by trovan
i've kept my eye open for a GTS. it's was hard pulling the trigger since i have a E63 AMG to trade in. i was told that it would be bloody. but it didn't stop me from checking with local dealers for their white GTS status.

anyway, i found one today with all the right options. so i went for it and kept my eyes closed on the paperwork for my trade-in!!

no pics since it's late, but here is the option list:

2009 GTS with tip
sand white
std havanna
bi-xenon
PCM/nav
heated seats
light comfort pkg
xm with traffic
universal audio interface
variable power steering
panoramic roof
sun screen
rear camera/park ***
bose
bluetooth

very excited as a first time cayenne owner. hopefully get to spend sometime with it tomorrow.
Damn you. I wanted to be the only one in LA with those exact options.
Congrats. Take pix please.
To make it worse, don't you live in the valley? "

Old 09-21-2008, 10:59 AM
bumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond repute
WOW!!! Congrats!! Take pics, gotta check this puppy out....

Old 09-21-2008, 02:57 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
thanks guys. i took the car this morning to golf. thankfully we were playing 40 min away.

i find the seats very supportive and the new navigation is nigh/day from last version. my bluetooth sync took 1 min and works wonderfully with my entire phonebook downloaded. i used the sports mode for a few min and i truly appreciate the sports exhaust just like my old 997. i used the panoramic roof for a few min before the sun got to be too much.

as for the power, it seem as quick and powerful as the E63 and it handdles very well. seems like there is more and more ower if needed. he air suspension is great for different preferences.

for the dislikes, the parktronic lights are big and ugly whilte the warning signal is going off like crazy even wih large distancd. it is much noiser than expceccted. i chose havanna interior after having black for every cars i have owned. i still like it but wil need sometime to get useed to it. gas consumption don't seem too good, but don't care right now!

would get all the same options exccept i don't think would get panoramic roof. usb interface is a must as you can plug in any USB to play music from it.

LA bull, i am in the valley, but i will stay away stiuio city!

Old 09-21-2008, 05:38 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Can't wait for pictures!

Why was the E63 trade in so bloody? And why'd you trade?
Does the GTS ACTUALLY seem as powerful?

Old 09-21-2008, 08:41 PM

LA bull, i am in the valley, but i will stay away stiuio city!
Good, because this town is only big enough for one of us.

But when mine comes in we'll take some pix

Why no panoramic roof?

Old 09-21-2008, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by WyattH
Can't wait for pictures!

Why was the E63 trade in so bloody? And why'd you trade?
Does the GTS ACTUALLY seem as powerful?
i don't think the GTS is truly as powerful. however, it has all the power i ever need and it felt i can get more. it definitely doesn't have the same feel when i step on the amg. it also feels much bigger and doesn't give the sense of low on the ground when it comes to handling.

reasons for the change:

1. i have a problem. i can't hold on to a car for more than 6 months. i actually had the e63 for eight! yes, i need help like more people on the board.
2. i can definitely use a little more space in the backseat with a new baby.
3. i didn't get the GTS in janurary since they just came out. but then i saw the GTS commerical they day after i got the e63. i have never stop looking at it since both on the road and internet.

i promise to keep the GTS for 3 years!!

Old 09-21-2008, 09:57 PM
OCPorsche is infamous around these parts
Not everyone can have a pano roof like you LAbull I have the VIN number for your car as well, I will send it over tomorrow when I am in the office.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by LAbull
Good, because this town is only big enough for one of us.

But when mine comes in we'll take some pix

Why no panoramic roof?
pic with both cars will be awesome!

i had the same roof on the e63 and rarely use it. i just don't think i will use it. i prefer not to be under the sun! this explain why i only had a convertible once-- for 6 months. however, i was told by the dealer how great it is... i will have an open mind!

Old 09-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by OCPorsche
Not everyone can have a pano roof like you LAbull I have the VIN number for your car as well, I will send it over tomorrow when I am in the office.
Hmmm.....I like the way that sounds.

Starting at 12:01 AM I will be holding my breath

Old 09-21-2008, 11:19 PM
pic with both cars will be awesome!

i had the same roof on the e63 and rarely use it. i just don't think i will use it. i prefer not to be under the sun! this explain why i only had a convertible once-- for 6 months. however, i was told by the dealer how great it is... i will have an open mind!

Coming from a convertible and always being the guy with all the windows down, sun roof open and AC on, I think I will love it.

Please post pix already. Really..WTF!?!?!?!!?

I have a couple guys here in LA who take some great car shots. 1 more month for me.
Did you get full leather?

Old 09-22-2008, 07:29 AM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
i don't think the GTS is truly as powerful. however, it has all the power i ever need and it felt i can get more. it definitely doesn't have the same feel when i step on the amg. it also feels much bigger and doesn't give the sense of low on the ground when it comes to handling.

reasons for the change:

1. i have a problem. i can't hold on to a car for more than 6 months. i actually had the e63 for eight! yes, i need help like more people on the board.
2. i can definitely use a little more space in the backseat with a new baby.
3. i didn't get the GTS in janurary since they just came out. but then i saw the GTS commerical they day after i got the e63. i have never stop looking at it since both on the road and internet.

Congrats man!! GTS are great cars and in white!! good choice..

OK !!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: back to the porsche family-- cayenne GTS