Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Dension GW500 +BTA1500 bluetooth for iphone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 10:00 PM
mungh is infamous around these parts
Smile Dension GW500 +BTA1500 bluetooth for iphone

Hi, I'd like to share my early experience of Dension GW500 +BTA 1500 for iphone. I bought the package as a group buy from Eric in another forum. I have my local audio guy install. Ipod connector locates at the bottom space of center console along with USB and aux port. Mic is in front of mood lamp. I'm satisfied with overall look.(see photos)
For BTA 1500, it connects to my iphone automatically and I can use all tel buttons of PCM for receiving call and dialing. Sound comes from the speaker of Cayenne and quality is very nice. Echo is easily managed with volume adjustment. There has been an issue of low mic pickup for BTA. Mine has also lower pickup than desirable but easily handled by speaking a little louder. But I hope the gain of mic would be increased somewhat. Receiving a call, caller ID stored on iphone is displayed at the bottom of PCM screen. I tested receiving a call when I play song through GW500. There was no problem receiving a call, music was muted automatically and bell rung through the car speaker. It was exactly same as iphone was not connected to GW500.
For GW500, I can control iphone through PCM & steering wheel buttons only. Control by iphone is disabled when connected. I don't know whether I can enable it in setting menu. Text info of songs are displayed on PCM. But it allows a single line display so either a tile or an artist is showing depending on a setting. Sound quality is awesome. It charges iphone when connected.
Overall impression of this package after a short use is good.
Anyone who wants to know an audio guy in Houston area for this installation ask me. He was exceptional both in service and charge.

JM

Attached Images     
Old 10-07-2008, 10:33 PM
canberk is infamous around these parts
great explanation of everything. Thanks

Old 10-08-2008, 12:08 PM
christx997 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mungh
Hi, I'd like to share my early experience of Dension GW500 +BTA 1500 for iphone. I bought the package as a group buy from Eric in another forum. I have my local audio guy install. Ipod connector locates at the bottom space of center console along with USB and aux port. Mic is in front of mood lamp. I'm satisfied with overall look.(see photos)
For BTA 1500, it connects to my iphone automatically and I can use all tel buttons of PCM for receiving call and dialing. Sound comes from the speaker of Cayenne and quality is very nice. Echo is easily managed with volume adjustment. There has been an issue of low mic pickup for BTA. Mine has also lower pickup than desirable but easily handled by speaking a little louder. But I hope the gain of mic would be increased somewhat. Receiving a call, caller ID stored on iphone is displayed at the bottom of PCM screen. I tested receiving a call when I play song through GW500. There was no problem receiving a call, music was muted automatically and bell rung through the car speaker. It was exactly same as iphone was not connected to GW500.
For GW500, I can control iphone through PCM & steering wheel buttons only. Control by iphone is disabled when connected. I don't know whether I can enable it in setting menu. Text info of songs are displayed on PCM. But it allows a single line display so either a tile or an artist is showing depending on a setting. Sound quality is awesome. It charges iphone when connected.
Overall impression of this package after a short use is good.
Anyone who wants to know an audio guy in Houston area for this installation ask me. He was exceptional both in service and charge.

JM
hey can you hook me up with the info on the installer?

Old 10-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Installer

Thanks, canberk.

Hey christx997,
I can't PM due to low counts so I post here.
Please try Jerry at Houston Cartronics.
713-952-2700

JM

Old 10-08-2008, 08:11 PM
thanks mungh!, you think it can work with blackberry's??

Old 10-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Kingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud of
can i get anything like this in los angeles

can i get anything like this in los angeles this looks good

Old 10-09-2008, 05:47 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Chris - yes BB's seem to work fine.

King....hit our website Order page at BumperPlugs.com. It's all there for ya. GW500 and BTA1500 combo if you want both. GW500 alone if just iPod is needed.

Email me with q's anytime. Thanks. Great writeup JM

Old 10-09-2008, 03:28 PM
thanks eric

Old 10-13-2008, 02:48 PM
Firmware update

I updated firmware to 2.13 Dension sent to me by asking.
Now song title and artist are showing at the same time on PCM audio & main screen.
Firmware update is quite simple by plugging in USB thumb drive.
I think USB port gives more versatility in contrast with Mobridge.

JM

Old 10-14-2008, 11:47 PM
Former Vendor
mObridge is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mungh
I updated firmware to 2.13 Dension sent to me by asking.
Now song title and artist are showing at the same time on PCM audio & main screen.
Firmware update is quite simple by plugging in USB thumb drive.
I think USB port gives more versatility in contrast with Mobridge.

JM
We have software update over SD card and software update now available over Bluetooth in addition to the SD card and dealers have a third method of using a USB dongle. Whats not to like

Old 02-01-2010, 08:58 AM
Flauto is infamous around these parts
I am considering to purchase a Dension 500 with BTA for my car and in Italy the company in charge of the distribution declares that jailbroken iPhone should not work with the Dension equipment. In your forum you mentioned iPhone but I have no idea if it is "regular" or jailbroken. Can you please update me?
I have clearly a jailbroken iPhone and looking forward to have an evidence that it works properly with dension 500 and BTA.
Is it possibile that the iPhone jailbreak affects its BT communication?
Thanks
ciao
Flavio

Old 02-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
Eric - thinking about this but don't you need to have had the cd changer to get this to hook up nicely?

Old 02-02-2010, 06:28 PM
liuxiaoyu is infamous around these parts
may i ask does the 6 disc CD-changer in the trunk still working after installed it?

Old 06-15-2010, 11:46 AM
laxman1100 is infamous around these parts
Are you guys able to change tracks while it's streaming audio through bluetooth?

Old 06-17-2010, 07:25 AM
laxman1100 is infamous around these parts
Finally found out that it's not possible to stream. Iphone does not have AVRCP in the bluetooth stack that allows control.

There's a few solutions out there, but nothing easy...iPhone is one of the only devices that doesn't have that enabled. ugh.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dension GW500 +BTA1500 bluetooth for iphone