Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Techart Module Install Error?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 10:19 PM
mpatrizio is infamous around these parts
Techart Module Install Error?

Hey guys,

I picked up a used Techart module for my CTT, and I'm wondering about the install procedure. I replaced the existing module in rear storage bay and now I've got an error "Air Suspension Error, Workshop". So I uninstalled the module, put the OEM box back in the truck and the error went away.

The strange part is that I unisntalled and reinstalled the Techart module with the same results, but the techart module seems to be working since I was able to lower the truck well below the "loading" level, and I'm able to drive at the OEM loading level.

Is there a certain process for installing the module?

IE: put the key position to Accessory 1, then plug the module in or plug the module in and clear the codes with an OBD2 scanner, or disconnect the negative battery terminal overnight?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Side note, I don't think the dealer would look kindly to "calibrating" the suspension whil the CTT sits on the Techart module so that's not an option IMO.

Thanks guys.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:49 PM
canberk is infamous around these parts
you better talk to techart about this issue

Old 10-27-2008, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by canberk
you better talk to techart about this issue
Worth a try, but I doubt that they'll do much for a used module. Has anyone had luck with them, I seem to recall that their customer service was almost nonexistant?

Honestly, I'm hoping that I'll go out to the car in the morning and the error will be gone. It wouldn't be the first time that's worked for me with modern cars.

Does anyone know if there is some kind of "hard reset" for the Cayennes? For some reason I think it just needs to be reset via OBD2 or by disconnecting the negstive battery terminal for an hour.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:14 AM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Youre suppose to take it to the dealer for calibration.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:21 PM
copasetic222 is infamous around these parts
Yes, Alex911s is correct. I have talked to both CEC, the North American distributor for TechArt and a large TechArt dealer and you have to calibrate it. I'm installing one next week and my dealer had never installed one before but after looking at it they are willing to do it.

Old 11-03-2008, 05:30 AM
CEC told me the same thing. I'll be swinging past the dealer sometime this week.

Does anyone have a link to the install instructions?

Old 11-03-2008, 10:36 AM
copasetic222 is infamous around these parts
I have the instructions CEC sent me. Send me your email and I will send them to you.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Got them from another member. Thanks guys.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:05 AM
mikezlee is infamous around these parts
Need Techart Module Instructions

Hi guys, I just bought a used Techart Lowering Module from ebay, but I don't have the install instructions. Can any of you guys PM to me? Thanks so much!

Old 03-07-2013, 01:08 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
You brought a 5 year old thread back to life! That is incredible, sir.

BTW, the Techart manual is not too help. Just open the rear passenger storage area and remove/replace the identical module. Then you have to have it recalibrated.

Old 03-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Haha! Yes, I'm getting desperate here. I understand it's supposed to be plug and play, but nothing is ever simple in my life. I actually have a cd changer where the air suspension module is supposed to be, and the module itself is below it, in some really tight space. I was pulling on the lock for about an hour until my hand pretty much was bleeding from all the sharp edges. It wasn't fun. I managed to install it finally, but I noticed my back right wheel is a little higher than the rest. So for safety reasons, I will be going to the dealer tomorrow to get it calibrated and aligned correctly. The only thing that worries me is that they seemed a little hesitant about installing it. I'm trying to get a hold of the manual so I can hopefully convince them that it's pretty straight-forward. Basically, I'm trying to make this easy for them as much as possible. Would they need the correct offsets and numbers to do the calibration? I'm guessing the manual would contain the recommended specs by Techart. If you guys have any idea what those numbers are, please let me know!

BTW, I've been obsessing over the mods you've done especially the Turbo S conversion. Do you happen to live in the tri-state area? I would love to checkout your Turbo and have a chat about how I would go about converting mine to Turbo S specs. Thanks for all your help and contribution to the forums!

Old 03-07-2013, 08:51 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mikezlee
I actually have a cd changer where the air suspension module is supposed to be, and the module itself is below it, in some really tight space. I was pulling on the lock for about an hour until my hand pretty much was bleeding from all the sharp edges. It wasn't fun.
I had the same problem with the cd changer and amp being in the way. It was a royal pain with way too many sharp corners.

I'm trying to get a hold of the manual so I can hopefully convince them that it's pretty straight-forward. Basically, I'm trying to make this easy for them as much as possible. Would they need the correct offsets and numbers to do the calibration? I'm guessing the manual would contain the recommended specs by Techart. If you guys have any idea what those numbers are, please let me know!
The Techart manual (misplaced mine since it was useless) will not be able to help you in this regards since the module is an OEM module that has been reprogrammed (read: no special values to input). This means that you do not have to "convince" the dealer that it is easy to calibrate the module. Just tell them to hook up their PIWIS and do a standard "Level Control Module" calibration for your air suspension. This would be no different than if you got the original OEM module replaced with another OEM module.

BTW, I've been obsessing over the mods you've done especially the Turbo S conversion. Do you happen to live in the tri-state area? I would love to checkout your Turbo and have a chat about how I would go about converting mine to Turbo S specs.
Thanks - send me a PM and we can touch base.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the info. I tried to drop it off the dealer, and they refused to install it because of "potential lawsuits" that may result from this aftermarket product. I am planning to get it installed with an independent Porsche shop, and hopefully it doesn't throw out error codes.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the info. I tried to drop it off the dealer, and they refused to install it because of "potential lawsuits" that may result from this aftermarket product. I am planning to get it installed with an independent Porsche shop, and hopefully it doesn't throw out error codes.
Ugh.. I hate it when I get that sort of response. Which is somewhat typical in the NE. This is why I do almost all of my own work. With that said, do you have a Durametric? If so, I can send you my crude instructions on how to calibrate the air suspension yourself. I calibrated my Techart module in my garage b/c I did not like Techart ride height in front/rear.

For anyone reading this, it is still on my to-do list, to fully flesh out these instructions and post a thread for all to enjoy

Old 03-08-2013, 11:23 AM
I don't have a Durametric, but I think the independent garage that will work on my SUV uses that. Yes, please send instructions when you can!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Techart Module Install Error?