Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

TSB Issue coolant level 2006 Cayenne S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 01:10 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
TSB Issue coolant level 2006 Cayenne S

Hello fellow board members,

I just wanted to say that if you have a 2006 Cayenne S or Turbo make sure you double check on the Coolant level because there seems to be a factory issued tsb published towards the coolant level being very low, in which the dealership should replace the two worn plastic pieces to "metal" parts on the warranty or to the goodwill program if the car has less than 100,000km.

Yesterday on my way back home after a hectic day, the last thing I want is for my car to overheat and stop me half of the distance of my daily commute.

The temperature raised to about 110 C and thats dangerous as if I continued. What bothers me the most is that the stingy dealership over here never informed me about this, the same issue happened to a close friends Cayenne S which is the same build year as the one I've got.

I dont know why dont these dealers emphasize on this critical issues, Mercedes-Benz Kuwait personally called me to schedule a checkup on our S-class and porsche kuwait doesnt even recognize their customers if the sale has done.

Last edited by MeanMachine; 10-29-2008 at 01:12 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:37 AM
canberk is infamous around these parts
sorry for what happened yesterday. Great information though. Didn't you get an alarm message saying that the coolant level is low?

Old 10-29-2008, 03:47 PM
cayenned has a spectacular aura aboutcayenned has a spectacular aura about
I have an 04 S and couple of days ago I got a low coolant message. I took my car into the dealer on monday to have it checked for a CPO warranty. They said they are replacing some coolant hoses, so I guess it might be the same issue.

Old 10-29-2008, 04:53 PM
PCS7 is infamous around these parts
I also had the same thing happen to me the other day. I have an '04 S and the check coolant light came on. Soon thereafter the engine overheated. I had the car towed to the dealer and they told me that they needed to replace the plastic hoses with aluminum ones. They had just finished performing the 40k service the week before also. I dont understand why they couldnt have just done it then instead of waiting for them to crack.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:18 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PCS7
I also had the same thing happen to me the other day. I have an '04 S and the check coolant light came on. Soon thereafter the engine overheated. I had the car towed to the dealer and they told me that they needed to replace the plastic hoses with aluminum ones. They had just finished performing the 40k service the week before also. I dont understand why they couldnt have just done it then instead of waiting for them to crack.
There is no real way of knowing when it is going to be an issue, until your coolant dumps out. They are buried beneath the intake manifold and there is no way to look at them. It is not so much about mileage, as heat cycles. The more times they are heated and cooled, the more they will weaken. At least Porsche recognized the problem, and created the aluminum ones, as I know at first sign of this problem, all that were available as replacements were the same plastic ones.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:55 AM
tonga3 is infamous around these parts
Is this something that is an inevitability or is it some isolated cases? I have an '05 CS with 107000km's on it and wonder whether I should get these replaced before the issue arises.

Thanks
Andy

Old 10-30-2008, 10:45 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Yes they are replacing these hoses to aluminum ones as stated by one of the members, yes a message did appear stating that the coolant level is low which lead me to drive for 5 more minutes to find a place to park in as I was driving on the highway on my commute back to home.

Old 11-27-2008, 12:12 PM
CayenneS is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the note.
Not to mention how hot it gets in the Arabian penincula..
Arabian Gulf dealers should care much about our cars as much as they care about collecting money