Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Sprint Booster Installed:throttle Lag Gone!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 08:08 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
Finally installed it! took every bit of 2 minutes, noticed great throttle response once I'am up am moving around thirty five - forty, seems to take second gear all the way to red line taking its time, quicker without it the plug adapter from a dead roll??? Could this be from the ECU flash?? Fabspeed? almost crawls off the line, sounds like your staying in 1st gear in a forty mile an hour zone?? anybody else experience this?? great once your moving.
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
It is great once I get rolling, I even tried the tiptronic in 1st, before I used to be on the other side of the intersection before anybody else even started rolling. Its great and very responsive once rolling? I'm thinking the Fabspeed tune? I might call Fabspeed tomorrow and ask?
The Sprint Booster should definitely be improving your response right off the line, as well as once you are moving. If it's not then you may have another issue that is coming into play.

Not sure what you are trying to say about it affecting the throttle response at redline, because the Sprint Booster only effects the throttle curve until about 3/4 of the way through the rev range, then it reverts to stock.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:03 AM
mrvegas is infamous around these parts
If I buy this, can I get my dealer to install it? Does it affect warranty?

Old 09-17-2009, 09:18 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not sure why but it did?? I talked to GMP yesterday only possible conclusion may be defective? I returning today's mail and will love to try again with a new one once it is shipped to me, as soon as I removed it the truck ran the exact way before I plugged it in?? The best way to describe the problem was that it seemed like the transmission was in low range (on four wheel drive other vehicles you have a high and low range tranfer case setting, this seemd like it was in low range, reving very slowly but the engined sounded like I should be going 10 times faster and went all the way to red line?? Once past 2nd gear it was fine and I really could feel the booster responce?? I am willing to try another one?

Originally Posted by GMP Performance
The Sprint Booster should definitely be improving your response right off the line, as well as once you are moving. If it's not then you may have another issue that is coming into play.

Not sure what you are trying to say about it affecting the throttle response at redline, because the Sprint Booster only effects the throttle curve until about 3/4 of the way through the rev range, then it reverts to stock.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:26 AM
mrvegas is infamous around these parts
How much does it cost?

Old 09-18-2009, 08:26 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mrvegas
How much does it cost?
Originally Posted by mrvegas
If I buy this, can I get my dealer to install it? Does it affect warranty?
Here's a link with the price: http://www.gmpperformance.com/index....ail&PID=204325

You should have no issues with the warranty. And there's no need to have the dealer install it. It's really easy, and we have a how-to posted here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...r-install.html

Old 09-28-2009, 05:56 AM
GoodSpeed is infamous around these parts
I installed my Sprint Booster last week. It took me 10 minutes!
After a few miles driving you get used to the very different and prompt gas response. I like it

Old 09-29-2009, 02:15 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up 2nd time is a charm!

Thanks Matt for shipping me another Sprint Booster, took few minutes to install and works great!, incredible how touchy the pedal is, love the response time, It's a damn shame I now have to try one on my 996TT!! Let me know if you can test the one I sent back, curious if it was defective or on my end from incorrect install???? Thanks again!! If it works the same way as the CTT when I install it on my 996TT I may have to install one on my 99' 996???? when will it end........
Here's a link with the price: http://www.gmpperformance.com/index....ail&PID=204325

You should have no issues with the warranty. And there's no need to have the dealer install it. It's really easy, and we have a how-to posted here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...r-install.html

Old 09-30-2009, 02:14 AM
al7zin_ad is infamous around these parts
I will send my car to the service,, shall I remove the Sprint booster?

Old 10-03-2009, 01:33 PM
lydboj is infamous around these parts
Installed my sprint booster today, and the result is awesome!

Old 10-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Road Runner is infamous around these parts
Question:

I don't have the throttle lag that some others have reported in this thread!
Therefore, would there be any kind of benefit for me to install this device?
Also, does it use noticeably more fuel over stock?

Old 10-06-2009, 02:42 PM
I will test one in the day or two, 06 Cayenne S, I will let you know.
Originally Posted by Road Runner
Question:

Old 10-07-2009, 07:29 AM
Site Sponsor
Originally Posted by al7zin_ad
I will send my car to the service,, shall I remove the Sprint booster?
No need really, as it's not going to be picked up by a scan tool, and I doubt the average technician would notice it unless they actually went under the dash looking for it. But it's easy enough to remove if you want to.

Question:

Go out and rev your the car a few times, paying close attention to when the tach actually responds to throttle input, and how far your foot has to move to make it rev. It's not impossible for the lag to vary from Cayenne to Cayenne, but I'd be VERY surprised if you didn't have at least some delay. It's present on nearly all the drive-by-wire cars I've ever driven.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:57 PM
Road Runner is infamous around these parts

Go out and rev your the car a few times, paying close attention to when the tach actually responds to throttle input, and how far your foot has to move to make it rev. It's not impossible for the lag to vary from Cayenne to Cayenne, but I'd be VERY surprised if you didn't have at least some delay. It's present on nearly all the drive-by-wire cars I've ever driven.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Response to GMP performance.

I just tested my completely stock 04 Cayenne S for throttle response under various conditions.
From a dead start or even at any speed, pushing the throttle 1/16 to 3/4 rapidly or slowly does not produce a lag of any kind (instant neck snapping response).

At wide open throttle there is a delay of about a second or so just before the car starts to pull very strongly. This delay is more noticeable at highway speeds.

It feels to me that this delay is caused by the transmission trying to find the proper gear before it allows more power to be applied by the computer.

In this case, will your device make any real difference other then just exaggerating the pedal travel?

Old 10-09-2009, 03:37 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of

I just tested my completely stock 04 Cayenne S for throttle response under various conditions.
From a dead start or even at any speed, pushing the throttle 1/16 to 3/4 rapidly or slowly does not produce a lag of any kind (instant neck snapping response).

At wide open throttle there is a delay of about a second or so just before the car starts to pull very strongly. This delay is more noticeable at highway speeds.

It feels to me that this delay is caused by the transmission trying to find the proper gear before it allows more power to be applied by the computer.

In this case, will your device make any real difference other then just exaggerating the pedal travel?

You sure you're stock? My '05 Turbo doesn't even give me a 'neck snapping' response.

Old 10-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Site Sponsor

We're not talking about the lag when the throttle has already been applied (i.e. when the signal has already reached the ECU). Is this what you were getting at with your WOT scenario? That has nothing to do with the Sprint Booster's purpose...

What the Sprint Booster does is speed up the signal that is sent response to your throttle input. Once it has been received, the Sprint Booster's job is done. And yes, this does exaggerate the throttle travel, but this translates into quicker reaction by the computer.

If you'd like to test one out for yourself, we've been sending these out with a 30-day money-back guarantee. The only ones we've had returned have been switching to a more aggressive/less aggressive version.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster Installed:throttle Lag Gone!!!