Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Sprint Booster Installed:throttle Lag Gone!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Road Runner is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GMP Performance
We're not talking about the lag when the throttle has already been applied (i.e. when the signal has already reached the ECU). Is this what you were getting at with your WOT scenario? That has nothing to do with the Sprint Booster's purpose...

What the Sprint Booster does is speed up the signal that is sent response to your throttle input. Once it has been received, the Sprint Booster's job is done. And yes, this does exaggerate the throttle travel, but this translates into quicker reaction by the computer.

If you'd like to test one out for yourself, we've been sending these out with a 30-day money-back guarantee. The only ones we've had returned have been switching to a more aggressive/less aggressive version.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
GMP Performance,

As I don't seem to have the typical throttle lag problem that other Cayenne owners have reported, I just can't see the benefit in my case.

But thank you very much for your generous offer and your prompt response!

Old 10-09-2009, 11:59 PM
Road Runner is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SeattleBum
You sure you're stock? My '05 Turbo doesn't even give me a 'neck snapping' response.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Seattle,

Yes the vehicle is 100% stock, but the throttle is super touchy and will initially firmly plant you back in your seat!
My girlfriend is always complaining about this.

I once drove a well dealer maintained also stock 2004 Turbo, and it was a dog off the line in comparison to mine, but had noticeably quicker acceleration when the boost finally kicked in. Perhaps the reason is that maybe the final drive gearing is a bit taller on the turbo then on the S so that it can achieve a higher top speed.
Just a guess!

I have an annoying 1 sec + lag at WOT during highway speeds, just before the trans downshift takes place.
That is the problem I would like to eliminate. I was inquiring if maybe the Sprint Booster device could help get rid of this lag, but it doesn't seem that way.

Old 10-10-2009, 02:51 AM
Hawk375 is a name known to allHawk375 is a name known to allHawk375 is a name known to allHawk375 is a name known to allHawk375 is a name known to allHawk375 is a name known to all
I had an annoying delay in response when I would press the pedal in my 05 turbo. After I had installed the sprint booster, the pedal response is much quicker. On the highway I had the same delay, it was akin to putting in a phone call for more power "all cylinders are currently busy, please hold and your request will be answered in the order it was received." before the booster. With the booster installed it responded much quicker...for an auto.