Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Painting break calipers suggestion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by medtech
Oh, I got confused, I thought the OP was asking for DIY tips?
Shawn, I guess Eli's suggestion is that you pay him big bucks to do it for you.
You won't see your car for a week. Maybe you can take the bus?
Not big bucks for most if you're willing to spend the $400 but I hear they have a DIY in a box over at AutoZone at only $39 for you ......

Old 11-14-2008, 11:55 AM
katheikia is infamous around these parts
Can I just buy the red calipers???

Old 11-14-2008, 04:49 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by katheikia
Can I just buy the red calipers???
Of course you can...... Pretty expensive but yes.

-Eli

Old 11-14-2008, 05:12 PM
sapple89 is infamous around these parts
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Does excellent work

Don't reach for the DIY box, it will chip away.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:59 PM
blueILLUSION97 is infamous around these parts
Yep DIY for calipers kinda sux. It took me a whole day to prepare them right and paint them. And it looked awesome! for about 6 months. Now the paint lost its bright color and looks very aged. No cliping thou, just where the rocks hit but i dont count those as rocks might even chip powder coat. Anyway i have seen lots of Eli's work in person and its looks flawless. Ill let him do my wheels once im ready for some more cosmetical upgrades on my car.

Old 11-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Kingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud of
well i just painted mine with this caliper spray paint i first but a primer then i spray painted it and its been one day but it feels really soft and like it will chip of easily and i put like 3 or 4 coats one each. do you think i should put a clear coat over it or anything?
thanks
once mine starts to wear of ill re-do it at fastforwardwheels!

Old 11-17-2008, 06:49 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Kingshawn1234
well i just painted mine with this caliper spray paint i first but a primer then i spray painted it and its been one day but it feels really soft and like it will chip of easily and i put like 3 or 4 coats one each. do you think i should put a clear coat over it or anything?
thanks
once mine starts to wear of ill re-do it at fastforwardwheels!
The clear coat is going to protect the paint to a certain extent but then again the prep work is also important..

-Eli

Old 11-17-2008, 08:56 PM
Kingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud of
k thanks. do you thinks its because i didnt sand it down but idid put a primer first

Old 11-18-2008, 06:40 AM
onemanclique is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by medtech
Eli,

Beautiful work!

Agreed!

Old 11-24-2008, 08:25 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Kingshawn1234
k thanks. do you thinks its because i didnt sand it down but idid put a primer first
Usually if it feels soft it's because they are still wet, if you put too much paint down and don't have the ideal dry conditions it may require more time to dry.

Because I choose to hard-bake after painting it pretty much is ideal conditions no matter the conditions out-side....

Good Luck,

-Eli

Originally Posted by sapple89
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Does excellent work

Don't reach for the DIY box, it will chip away.
Thanks

Originally Posted by onemanclique
Agreed!
Thanks,

Old 11-24-2008, 06:55 PM
alright thanks

Old 11-24-2008, 07:57 PM
djenders has a spectacular aura aboutdjenders has a spectacular aura about
Here are my little brakes. LOL

Get a idea on yellow calipers.

Attached Images   
Old 11-24-2008, 08:40 PM
nice! did u paint them your self?

Old 11-24-2008, 08:41 PM
ill post pics of my car sooon
just lowered it today

Old 11-24-2008, 08:57 PM
Kaz
Kaz is a jewel in the roughKaz is a jewel in the roughKaz is a jewel in the roughKaz is a jewel in the rough
def show us some pics... but I can also attest to the fact that unless prepped correctly you wont have your work last for too long. Just had my car worked on by Fastforward wheels and they do great work. I highly recommend them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Painting break calipers suggestion