Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Painting break calipers suggestion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 11:28 AM
djenders has a spectacular aura aboutdjenders has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Kingshawn1234
nice! did u paint them your self?

I think you were asking about my cayenne. Those come yellow from the factory with ceramic rotors for $8800 option. But money every spent.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:00 AM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by djenders
I think you were asking about my cayenne. Those come yellow from the factory with ceramic rotors for $8800 option. But money every spent.

Very nice, I did mine in Speed Yellow as well.... Dang aren't we crossing some of the same mods here....

I was going to post some photos but since I'm having my systems all upgraded right now I'll wait for my new system before uploading anymore....

I'll post some photos of mine in about a week. By the way Cayennes, Turbo 997/ GT3/2 RS brakes require larger decals up-front.

-Eli

Old 11-27-2008, 12:56 AM
Kingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Kaz
def show us some pics... but I can also attest to the fact that unless prepped correctly you wont have your work last for too long. Just had my car worked on by Fastforward wheels and they do great work. I highly recommend them.
i cleaned them really good and with a very high pressure air pump kind of a thing then i primered it then sprayed 3-4 coats of caliper spray paint... i think im going to add a clear coat soon
do you think i prepped it correctly?

Old 11-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Kingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud of
I just got my car lowered with eibach springs and it makes a very weird sound. when i go over a bump or driving slow or when i break or make turns it sounds like theres something broken in the springs and its moving around and like hitting something, maybe it needs to be oiled. im not sure how to explain the sound but do u think its normal do i have to wait for the springs to break in or something please let me know thanks .

Old 11-27-2008, 09:17 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
I just got my car lowered with eibach springs and it makes a very weird sound. when i go over a bump or driving slow or when i break or make turns it sounds like theres something broken in the springs and its moving around and like hitting something, maybe it needs to be oiled. im not sure how to explain the sound but do u think its normal do i have to wait for the springs to break in or something please let me know thanks .
Doesn't sound normal, we can certainly take a look at it for you to see if we can figure out what's going on down here....

It would have to be sometime next week as no one is in till Monday..

By the way, who performed the install? What did they say?

-Eli

Old 11-30-2008, 03:59 PM

Old 12-01-2008, 01:12 PM
DEFILER is infamous around these parts
Nice set of calipers. The clamping force looks to be sufficient also.

Old 12-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
nice job.

did you do the yellow to try to imitate the ceramics or do you just like the yellow?

Old 12-01-2008, 05:01 PM
just like the yellow and everyone does red... what are the ceramics?

Old 12-01-2008, 05:03 PM
just like the yellow and everyone does red... what are the ceramics?
Ceramic Brakes PCCB best option I ever got.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Do you guys think i should paint the cayenne emblem yellow?
any other mods you guys recommend?

Old 12-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Former Vendor
Do you guys think i should paint the cayenne emblem yellow?
any other mods you guys recommend?

Might be too much... Just my .02 but I decided against it myself....

-Eli

Old 12-05-2008, 12:20 AM
DEFILER is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by djenders
Ceramic Brakes PCCB best option I ever got.
How is the braking on the ceramics for everyday driving? I hear they don't really work very well until they get up to temperature. Any squealing or excessive dust? Those brakes are definitely awesome. Those rotors are huge and take up every bit of those 22"? wheels. Congrats on your acquisition I am very jealous with my <lowly> 04 CS :-)

Old 12-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by DEFILER
How is the braking on the ceramics for everyday driving? I hear they don't really work very well until they get up to temperature. Any squealing or excessive dust? Those brakes are definitely awesome. Those rotors are huge and take up every bit of those 22"? wheels. Congrats on your acquisition I am very jealous with my <lowly> 04 CS :-)

Ceramic = Not good for daily LA driving... IMO

-Eli

Old 12-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by DEFILER
I can compare them to my 08 Cayenne Turbo. The Turbo breaks suck I think. Does not stop it.

These ceramic brakes are the best money ever spent. Not sure what they did but they are much better for ever day then my 599.

The Ferrari is very very grabby. Once you hit them you are stopping.

But the cayenne is not like that. If you slam them it stops on a dime. But if you just touch them they are like reg brakes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Painting break calipers suggestion