Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Painting break calipers suggestion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 07:43 PM
djenders has a spectacular aura aboutdjenders has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by FastForwardwheels
Ceramic = Not good for daily LA driving... IMO

-Eli

Have you driven a Cayenne with them yet?

They are much better hands down then the standard brakes. I drive my Cayenne every day and love it.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by djenders
Have you driven a Cayenne with them yet?

They are much better hands down then the standard brakes. I drive my Cayenne every day and love it.
I guess I was speaking of the GT class instead of the Cayenne, not my norm to drive PCCB brakes on a daily Cayenne as of yet. Maybe I'll have to swap out a set to compare some time...

We swapped out a set on a GT3RS at Fast Forward Performance on Friday and noticed a track upgrade was sharing more noice when we compared the two. Looks like there was some give and take from the situation on that particular set up. 20K upgrade from Brembo on that quick-relase set up.

=Eli

Last edited by Wheel Dynamics; 12-06-2008 at 10:15 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:23 AM
vroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Kingshawn1234
Do you guys think i should paint the cayenne emblem yellow?
any other mods you guys recommend?
You can get the carbon fiber emblem too if you like it on ebay. its pretty cool

Old 12-07-2008, 02:43 AM
Kingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud of
ill check it out

Old 12-07-2008, 02:45 AM
Kingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud of
couldnt find it

Old 12-07-2008, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by FastForwardwheels
The details......

At the shop the calipers are stripped down to the core, after which they are prepared for paint, we paint using a PPG product for paint, we then allow to cure, hard-bake and cure again. The decals are positioned and applied, after which we paint, using an industrial clear coat (sorry, I can't give out the info on out clear products) and again cured, hard-baked and are allowed to cure....

Work is completed in around a weeks time. . . Los Angeles area.... Monterey Park, CA

Oh, and one last thing, the decals for the Cayenne fronts are larger than those traditionally used on the Porsche calipers so we stock those sizes now. . . . I have a set that I'll be doing this week for the Cayenne so I'll try to pop off a couple of photos.

-Eli
ino this was a while ago but at how many degrees do you bake the breaks

Old 12-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kingshawn1234
ino this was a while ago but at how many degrees do you bake the breaks
All I'll say is that they are baked at a safe temperature, those lower than the temps these will reach during hard braking. Temps and Time along with the type of clear are trade-information....

-Eli