Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Best winter tires for the Cayenne

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 11:28 AM
chancemartenson is infamous around these parts
i put some 18" rims/pirelli scorpion snow + ice on the GTS the other day. Looks funny drives great. Totally recommend the pirelli's.

Attached Images  
Old 02-12-2009, 11:54 AM
hoovdini is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by damon@tirerack
My overwhelming top seller has been Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snow. They have excellent ice traction and are N rated (255/55 18).

Yokohama Parada in the snow? Yeah, good luck with that. The Geolander is a much better all season tire.
Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow at the 21" size ARE NOT "N" RATED, stop spreading false information! N rating means they are Porsche approved, and these are NOT! Your supervisor / co-worker called me and I talked with him about it. I see you edited your post to remove the erroneous info (previously you wrote that the 21" were Porsche approved).

Porsche will void your warranty if you install these and they see them. They will not install them at the dealer either.

Get your info straight - you have access to all of it right there in front of you.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:13 PM
mattjtaylor50 is infamous around these parts
warranty

Originally Posted by hoovdini
Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow at the 21" size ARE NOT "N" RATED, stop spreading false information! N rating means they are Porsche approved, and these are NOT! Your supervisor / co-worker called me and I talked with him about it. I see you edited your post to remove the erroneous info (previously you wrote that the 21" were Porsche approved).

Porsche will void your warranty if you install these and they see them. They will not install them at the dealer either.

Get your info straight - you have access to all of it right there in front of you.
i am almost certain porsche will not void your warranty for installing pirelli ice/snow
my stealership offered to sell them to me at a hefty price. i ended up purchasing from my tuning shop

Old 02-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow.. someone is in a hating mood. Competitor maybe?!

Old 02-12-2009, 01:34 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute

It was ME that called - you didn't catch that?

The post never said that the 21" were N rated. It originally said that The Scorpion Ice and Snow were, but listed no specific sizes. I edited it to reflect the 255/55 18 was, and then went back in and added 235/60 18 and 255/50 19, and that's what you see now.

The post NEVER said 295/35 21 was N rated. I was just trying to make it more clear.

If you have any questions, call me.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 02-12-2009, 06:09 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !

Great first post - welcome to 6speed. I'm being facetious of course - miserable first post. While I've never dealt with Damon at Tire Rack, I've found him to be very professional, informative and helpful to many. Thanks Damon. Also, I find it very hard to believe Porsche will void my warranty by using non N rated tires. I have 20" Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snows on my '09 Turbo S mounted on replica (oh no -will my warranty be voided for using replica wheels) and I love them. They were on my RR Sport Supercharged that I traded on the Turbo S so I decided that rather than buying 21 inch snows I would buy the wheels and use my like new 20s.

Last edited by imcarnuts; 02-14-2009 at 08:18 AM.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Roam77 is infamous around these parts
I use Pirelli Scorpion ice and snow. I can plow through anything.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:29 AM
Bluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud of

What a dick.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:41 AM
RisingAgainst is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Bluehinder
What a dick.
+1 MADE MY DAY!

Old 02-15-2011, 03:16 PM
CayenneTurbo77 has a spectacular aura aboutCayenneTurbo77 has a spectacular aura about

My dealership has not only seen these tires on my 21's but they mounted and balanced them for me......

Old 02-15-2011, 04:01 PM
Mama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to all
Take a chill, man, Damon never said the 21s were N rated. In fact, I had copied and pasted what he wrote into a document to save on my PC for future use and this is what the original post said word for word:

"My overwhelming top seller has been Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snow. They have excellent ice traction and are N rated (255/55 18, 235/60 18, 255/50 19 but NOT 295/35 21 )." Damon

Notice the NOT regarding the 21s.

Can't stand when someone talks smack and THEY don't have their facts straight.

Mama

Old 02-15-2011, 05:59 PM
OCNYPORSCHE has a spectacular aura aboutOCNYPORSCHE has a spectacular aura aboutOCNYPORSCHE has a spectacular aura about
I have Michelin Alpin HP on my Cayenne Turbo now. They are awesome! I have them in the 18s (255 55).

Old 02-16-2011, 01:57 PM
lnferno has a spectacular aura aboutlnferno has a spectacular aura aboutlnferno has a spectacular aura about
This is my first winter with the Michelin Alpins -- I have nothing but great things to say about them. They have performed great in both cold weather and snow. I have them in the 275/40/20 configuration. The Alpins are definitely confidence inspiring.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:12 PM
cmoore1 is infamous around these parts
I bought 18" Pirelli ice and snows a couple of years ago from Tire Rack--I got Mercedes spec because they were out of stock on the N spec. Figured if they were good enough for MB they would be okay on my 06 CS--since I don't drive anywhere near the limit when on snow and ice. So far Ive been real pleased with the performance. Mounted the tires on 18" turbo wheels purchased off Craig's list for $250.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:42 PM
965Turbo is infamous around these parts
I have 20" GTS replicas on my 2005 Cayenne Turbo. I put Cooper Zeon LTZ 275/45-20 tires on. Looks and drives great.

http://www.coopertire.com/html/produ...?page=zeon_ltz

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best winter tires for the Cayenne