Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Frequent "Check Oil Level" Light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 02:02 AM
ChitownCS08 is infamous around these parts
Angry Frequent "Check Oil Level" Light

i have an 08 CS and just got the oil changed not even 300 miles ago...yet i am seeing this light come on now. Note that this is probably the 4th time that its happened since i bought the car and im wondering if theres something wrong. Any input would be appreciated, thank you in advance.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:28 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
CS doesn't drink oil like a Turbo. did they use enough oil during oil change? if so u should not need oil for thousand of miles unless it was low from the beginning. have it checked.

Old 11-17-2008, 03:19 PM
canberk is infamous around these parts
Few months ago I brought my '08 Cayenne S to stealer for maintenance and the changed the oil there, and the next day I got the low oil message on the dash, and brought it back to them complaining about it, they said the tech guy must have made a mistake reading the level of oil in the engine bla bla.... I believe they charge for the oil and not fill it

Old 11-17-2008, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by canberk
Few months ago I brought my '08 Cayenne S to stealer for maintenance and the changed the oil there, and the next day I got the low oil message on the dash, and brought it back to them complaining about it, they said the tech guy must have made a mistake reading the level of oil in the engine bla bla.... I believe they charge for the oil and not fill it
they gave me some BS..."its actually due to blow by..bla bla bla...as the engine breaks in...bla bla bla" keep in mind this is at 12,500 miles...talk about useless.
One thing i do in my cayenne is throw it in neutral while moving and give it a rev to intimidate all the ricers around my town...not sure if that has anything to do with it or if its overall bad for the car but with those fabspeed bypass pipes and some good ole midwest natural cold air...it makes their friggen ears bleed...makes my day when i set off car alarms too..thank god for fabspeed!!

Old 11-17-2008, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by ChitownCS08
they gave me some BS..."its actually due to blow by..bla bla bla...as the engine breaks in...bla bla bla" keep in mind this is at 12,500 miles...talk about useless.
One thing i do in my cayenne is throw it in neutral while moving and give it a rev to intimidate all the ricers around my town...not sure if that has anything to do with it or if its overall bad for the car but with those fabspeed bypass pipes and some good ole midwest natural cold air...it makes their friggen ears bleed...makes my day when i set off car alarms too..thank god for fabspeed!!
does it really make that much difference on the sound when you install those bypass pipes?

Old 11-17-2008, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by canberk
does it really make that much difference on the sound when you install those bypass pipes?
lets just say theres not a video out there that do them justice...ive had some complain about its "untamed" sound at times...to me theyre just terrified ...but with u drivin that Maserati GT..i think you'd love em!

Old 11-18-2008, 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by ChitownCS08
lets just say theres not a video out there that do them justice...ive had some complain about its "untamed" sound at times...to me theyre just terrified ...but with u drivin that Maserati GT..i think you'd love em!
there is no possible way that any car can give more sound than my Maserati GranTurismo haha