Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Speeding Ticket in NYC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 02:11 PM
jcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to behold
21 over and the fine is that high? jeezus...east coast is more in terms of fines too!

one more vote for the lawyer...to be safe

Old 12-10-2008, 07:36 AM
SLP
SLP is infamous around these parts
well NY is pretty strict with all our laws, including moving violations!

the oddest part of our point system to me is that, rightfully so--we dont receive 'points' on our license for out of state violations....just fines....except if you commit a moving violation in Ontario or Quebec....in which case you receive points.

An odd system indeed....
keep us posted on the outcome!

Old 12-11-2008, 04:39 PM
j.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by SLP
And on a side note, get a valentine 1 radar detector. It saved my *** driving up to boston this weekend when there was an accord trying to race me. We did. However, my v1 picked up a cop and i slammed on my brakes and he flew by the cop
damn man thats not cool lol.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:30 AM
onemanclique is infamous around these parts
so i sent in my not guilty plead. i'll keep you guys posted on the outcome. thanks for all the advice.

i just realized that nyc highway cops are now using laser instead of radar so even if i had valentine or passport i would have been screwed either way.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:45 AM
SLP
Originally Posted by j.a.cadet
damn man thats not cool lol.
hey he initiated it by instigating!

and do ny police use laser? ive never come across a laser alert by any ny police, usually Ka radar

Old 12-12-2008, 08:48 AM
j.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by SLP
hey he initiated it by instigating!

and do ny police use laser? ive never come across a laser alert by any ny police, usually Ka radar
haha very true.

this may be a dumb question but how can you protect yourself from a laser? is there something out on the market that is just as good as the valentine?

Old 12-12-2008, 08:50 AM
SLP
haha very true.

this may be a dumb question but how can you protect yourself from a laser? is there something out on the market that is just as good as the valentine?
the valentine is arguably the best radar detector on the market. theres nothing u can really do to protect yourself from laser. lasar provides a quick assessment of your speed from a short distance, so by the time your radar detector warns you of a laser, its too late--theyve pretty much got you. but it does help you slow down should they reassess your speed or just a warning not to speed up!

ive heard of laser scramblers and such...dont really know the full advantages of it if they really do work, but you can definitely do a search on radar detectors on this forum, youll get COUNTLESS hits!

Old 12-12-2008, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by SLP
the valentine is arguably the best radar detector on the market. theres nothing u can really do to protect yourself from laser. lasar provides a quick assessment of your speed from a short distance, so by the time your radar detector warns you of a laser, its too late--theyve pretty much got you. but it does help you slow down should they reassess your speed or just a warning not to speed up!

ive heard of laser scramblers and such...dont really know the full advantages of it if they really do work, but you can definitely do a search on radar detectors on this forum, youll get COUNTLESS hits!
thanks for the info!

Old 12-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
if you don't get a lawyer you are going to loose. trust me!

Old 12-20-2008, 02:43 PM
gixxer1127 is infamous around these parts
look at the bottom of the summons and let me know what command it states

Old 12-21-2008, 11:37 AM
jxreef is infamous around these parts
Get a lawyer. I got a speeding ticket 81 in a 50 and hired a lawyer for 500.00 he beat the ticket. Sometimes the PO screws up in writing the ticket and the lawyer picks up on it and get it dismissed.

Old 12-21-2008, 07:37 PM
hardman is infamous around these parts
take it to court

I have had 3 or 4 tickets in the last 5 years and have gone to court each time. Be courteous, be humble and tell them what a "normally" cautious respectful driver you are and that you were not aware that you were going such a speed. I would be very doubtful if you got the full six points and if it is your first offense I would doubt that you get more than two points.

I hired a couple lawyers to help me out but found that I can get a similar result by showing up in court and pleading my own case.

Good luck

Old 12-21-2008, 08:20 PM
blackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond repute
haha very true.

If you want effective laser jamming protection there are a few products on the market:

- Laser Park Pro
- Blinder M-25 ( front) or M-45 (front & back)
- Laser Interceptor

Here are a few links:

www.radarreviews.net
www.radardetector.net
www.radarjammertechnologies.com/radar-detector-forums.htm
www.1radardetectors.com

Old 12-22-2008, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by gixxer1127
look at the bottom of the summons and let me know what command it states
i actually had to send the ticket in since the online plea was bugging out. what do you mean by what the command is? example? i might have it since i wrote down a few details from the ticket.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by hardman
I have had 3 or 4 tickets in the last 5 years and have gone to court each time. Be courteous, be humble and tell them what a "normally" cautious respectful driver you are and that you were not aware that you were going such a speed. I would be very doubtful if you got the full six points and if it is your first offense I would doubt that you get more than two points.

I hired a couple lawyers to help me out but found that I can get a similar result by showing up in court and pleading my own case.

Good luck
thanks for sharing the experience. it is my first offense, so i figured i'd just show up by myself and hope for the best.
my hearing date is set for April, so I'll keep you guys posted.

Thanks again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Speeding Ticket in NYC